Do you get hit on?

_lyndseybrooke_
_lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
I can honestly count the number of times I've been hit on in the past 7 years (since I met my husband) on one hand. I'm far from cocky, but I'm not ugly and I've got a decent body, especially with clothes on....

b3laib.jpg
(No, I don't dress like this daily. It was a country-themed bachelorette party this past weekend.)

But I never get hit on. The girls I'm with get hit on, I see other girls getting hit on. But not me. I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, being married and all, but it does make me wonder what kind of look or vibe I've got going on that causes men to not approach me. In some cases, it''s probably the wedding ring. However, I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "You just look too smart and high maintenance. Guys probably think you're either going to reject them or make them spend all of their money before they can get into your pants." Say whaaa? Haha!

So, do you get hit on a lot? What is there to say about decent-looking girls that don't get creepy guys trying to hit her up in bars?

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Nope
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Only here.
  • thebrokentide
    thebrokentide Posts: 47 Member
    I get hit on at the most random times. Several older men on the streets have tried and picked me up. They both seemed older than my dad. I also go hit on in the gym while sweaty and while doing laundry. I never know what to do, I just laugh it off and walk away.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Well I drive a VW bus and there is a saying that is pretty much true across the world, "chicks dig VW's", but no i never get hit on.
  • mralmayes
    mralmayes Posts: 325 Member
    I used to when I was younger, but not really anymore.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    I never do get hit on really. I'm told I'm too "normal, smart, nice".

?!?!? lol
  • gdc2506
    gdc2506 Posts: 46 Member
    My girl friend says that this happens to me all the time, by the waitresses when we go out to eat. I'm pretty sure they're just wanting a bigger tip.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    nope... never. i get flirted with, but ive been told that is only because those women want tips.... :brokenheart: :sad:
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    I do - more than I'd like and no I am not being arrogant. It happens a lot even with my husband right next to me.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    You're from South Carolina and you don't dress like a country girl all the time? No wonder you don't get hit on. Country boys don't want no city girl. Pull yourself together.

I managed to land me a good ole country boy without dressing like a redneck hoochie, thank you very much. :) And I am a city girl - from Chicago originally. Maybe I give off that damn Yankee vibe, eh?
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    nope... never. i get flirted with, but ive been told that is only because those women want tips.... :brokenheart: :sad:

It's not really flirting when it's their job.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    You're from South Carolina and you don't dress like a country girl all the time? No wonder you don't get hit on. Country boys don't want no city girl. Pull yourself together.

I managed to land me a good ole country boy without dressing like a redneck hoochie, thank you very much. :) And I am a city girl - from Chicago originally. Maybe I give off that damn Yankee vibe, eh?

Yes we Southerners can smell a Yankee from a county away.

Well, dang. Good thing I caught a good one early on, then. He's stuck with this Yankee now, because it looks like I'd never have a date without him.