Day by Day Challenge- January part 5

Options
Toward the end of summer, an awesome MFP named Nicole started this challenge. She is a full time student at PSU and a very active member of THON. She started setting small goals for herself and the thread just grew and grew from there. The concept is simple, instead of setting weekly goals or monthly goals, you set daily goals. Typically 3 things that you want to accomplish. They can be fitness related or not. The next day, you come back on, recap the day before stating if you met your goals or not. And then leave 3 more goals for the upcoming day.

This thread is not "cut throat" where you have to come on everyday. Sometimes people will leave their goals for the whole weekend if they know they won't be able to come back on daily. Most times, the goals are pretty much the same. But we set them until they become habits and just part of our daily routines.

Since it is a new month, you can start by telling a little about yourself if you life. If this is your first time on the thread, welcome. And to all the vets, I hope you found it ok!

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. just said it best "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

January 1, Saturday.
1. Drink atleast 64 ounces of water.
2. eat sensibly.
3. workout for atleast 45 minutes.

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    oops
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options

Happy New Year everyone!

Thursday went really well, yesterday was predictably a bit of a write off and today is a big family do so is probably going to be something similar. I’m not too worried, I’ll try and keep it reasonable and then get back on with being good tomorrow.

Saturday’s goals:

1. Water!
    2. Don’t go crazy
    3. Have fun.

Have a wonderful new years day everyone! See you later.

Hi!

Sorry wasn’t really thinking and posted on the old thread this morning.

Quick bit a bout me for anyone joining the thread. My name is Kim, I’m 28 and living in the UK. Both my parents are big and my weight has been creeping up for years. I’ve never been sporty (really, really not sporty) but have discovered a real love of being active thanks to MFP. I’m learning, with mixed success, to eat sensibly. This thread and the lovely people on it have been crucial to my successes so far- thanks guys.:flowerforyou:

See you tomorrow.
    Kx
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lee for starting up the new thread for this month! I'll drop by properly tomorrow to do my intro etc. Little late in the day for me to set goals for 1st since I'm about the go to bed!! So will set up for tomorrow...
    1. Water and lots of it!
    2. Do at least one class and then my own cardio at the gym.
    3. Eat the salmon that I bought but can't be bothered to cook! It's super healthy and easy but somehow I just haven't fancied it so far!!
    4. Buy new pillows!

Hope you've all had a great start to the new year!! Will check back in properly tomorrow!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Jan. 1, 2011:
    1. Water and lots of it!
    2. Definitely portion control!
    3. Let the others eat the leftover snacks.
    4. Try to get a workout in (just not feeling it right now, y'know?)
    5. Clean the kitchen and vacuum.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! So excited for 2011!!!

1.1.11 Goals:

1) WATER - CHECK
    2) Day ONE of Power 90 - CHECK, even got my roomie to join in
    3) Practice bowling - CHECK Pretty consistant scores for my three games, not great numbers, but it's a start. Bowling league starts Tuesday
    4) Pedicure - CHECK plus a manicure :o)

Great way to start the new year
  • frubjious
    Options

Saturdays goals:

1. Water! - Under
    2. Don’t go crazy- There was some crazy but not too much
    3. Have fun - Check! Have spent the last couple of days running around with my 7 year old niece, I am now fully trained in sticker books and jumping out and yelling “Wraaaaar!” scaring any unsuspecting uncles. We even went to the Panto, it was great!

Hi Everyone,

Time to get back to good habits:

Sunday’s Goals:
    1. Water – 10 cups
    2. Under on calories
    3. Under on sugar
    4. Walk for at least 30 minutes

Not too imaginative but I’m trying to keep it simple and manageable.

Have a great day, see you later!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Alrighty. I am starting Jan today. I've got
    To get these TOM Cravings under control. How do u do it?? I crave CARBS!!!

Jan 2
    1.) get this house clean once and for all
    2.) water
    3.) stay on track with CALS
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Hey, this is JUST what I need. I have lost 32 pounds since September 7, and have six pounds to go before I reach my goal. However, I am "between sizes." My current size 14s are too big but 12s are yet tight. So I want to get into 12s through these last six pounds. Also, I have been left with skin that's not tight so exercise will be key.

To introduce myself, my name is Maggie, I am 65 (I know, it sounds old, but my attitude is young), am married 41 (yes, count them) mom to a grown daughter and grown son, and grandma to four grandchildren, ages 12, 11, 9, and six months. I am a writer and poet, and love to read and play the piano. I am giving piano lessons to my nine year-old granddaughter, which is really fun, and she's making excellent progress. I'm so proud of her. I am an official die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, and we all know they need all the help they can get! I wish I could eat a hot fudge sundae every day, but in lieu of that (tee-hee) I have learned to eat vegetables without wincing and to exercise every day.

Now, let's see, goals for today:

1. Drink 10 glasses of water.
    2. Go to the gym.
    3. Walk with Leslie Sansone.
    4. Try out my new Pilates DVD.

And now, because we're reporting every day, how do I find my way back here? Good to be part of this. Happy New Year, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Okay it seems like I've always been tring to lose weight but been having a harder time succeeding. I've been married for almost 3yrs have three daughters. It kind of dawn on me that I need to back to the grind when all I want to wear is bigger clothes.

Goals For Sunday: Cw: 213

1. Drink 15 cups of water
    2. 30 mins on the treadmill-Completed already
    3.Grocery shopping(yukl)

First day back, trying to stay motivated......
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    1.2.11 Goals:

1) Power 90 Day 2 - CHECK and threw in some zumba

That was pretty much my only goal. I went to spend the day with family. Especially my awesome little nephew. Hope the new year is treating you all well! :o)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Monday's goals:
    1. complete level 2 of 30 day shred by 3pm.
    2. drink 10 cups of water.
    3. eat more fruits and vegetables.
    4* My husband and I are having a 30 day no chip challenge.
  • frubjious
    Options

Sunday’s Goals:
    1. Water – 10 cups
    2. Under on calories
    3. Under on sugar
    4. Walk for at least 30 minutes

Well I pretty much failed everything yesterday. I could mutter something about holidays and luck of structure but the honest truth is I really didn’t try and this morning the scales kicked my butt for it. So today with renewed determination:

1. Water! Set an alarm Kim it’s the only thing that works for you so do it.
    2. Walk! Get out the house (and away from the fridge!)
    3. Breakfast! (Feels like I should have another W here but I’m out) Eat breakfast so you don’t make bad decisions the rest of the day.
    4. Housework! I’m going to follow your lead Jess and wear my HRM and see just what I can do while blitzing the house.

I will NOT come back and write fail on a single thing tomorrow.

Good luck everyone! See you tomorrow.
    Kx
  • nam14uk
    Options
    1. Water and lots of it! *8 CUPS*
    2. Do at least one class and then my own cardio at the gym. *DIDN'T MAKE IT TO CLASS BUT DID MY OWN CARDIO*
    3. Eat the salmon that I bought but can't be bothered to cook! It's super healthy and easy but somehow I just haven't fancied it so far!! *DONE AND IT WAS TASTY!*
    4. Buy new pillows! *FAIL*

Hope you're all doing well. It's a bank holiday in England so I'm off work today which is nice. Back to it tomorrow so hoping to get back to my normal routine by then.

Monday's goals:
    1. Lots of water.
    2. Training in the morning then Body Attack in the evening.
    3. Tidy my flat as friends are coming over for lunch.
    4. Get to bed early to prepare myself for work tomorrow.

I have a huge trial starting tomorrow so may not be on much. Will try and check back in the evening but if not then on Weds for sure. Hope you all have a great day!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Jan 2
    1.) get this house clean once and for all-Yayayayayay. Gotta catch up on laundry but!! Yay love hubby for helping!
    2.) water ---8!
    3.) stay on track with CALS- Whoo hoo!!

Jan 3

1.) payroll quickly. Get it over with.
    2.) I am so tired I feel drunk from the pms I took last night. Water to flush!
    3.) exercise at home!!!
  • shnnd19
    shnnd19 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to all

1/3 Monday: Lets see I have so many things I need to get done today....

1. 30 mins on treadmill- already did this morning
    2. 15 cups of water
    3. work on Laundry when I get home from work
    4. Don't go over on my calories today
    5. No snacks past 8pm
  • happinessblossoms
    Options
    1.3.11 Goals:

1) WATER
    2) Day 3 of Power 90
    3) Take down Christmas Tree!!!
    4) Wear HRM while exercising

Oh Monday's. Pretty quite around here today. It would have been nice to have a bank holiday. Enjoy your day off Nam! Pretty sore from the past two days of Power 90 so I'm excited that I can already feel that it's working. Preparing for my presentation at the end of the week I hope. See you all later.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back Nam! And Leela, I completely agree with everything you said in the last thread and the beginning of this one. I love that this thread isn't cut throat about logging in every day.

Welcome to all the newbies!!

And... I was wondering if anyone had any New Year's Resolutions? To do with or not having to do with losing weight. I made a whole chart for the year for losing weight. Adding something different every week or 2 weeks if it's particularly difficult-- 3 main goals-- Bikini ready body in by May, THON 5k in October and then to be down to about 140 by New Years!-- or at least to be in shape and in a regular routine. Also hoping to save some money for a car.

So anyways... goals for today and the next couple of days...

1. Water! (I've been doing really well the past few days) 8 cups.
    2. Take Ace for a walk. (done already today)
    3. Lay off the snacks throughout the day.

I'm hoping once I get back to school and on a regular schedule and a faster computer (my home one is really really slow) I'll be on here more often and can check in every day to talk to you all more!

Nicole
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Monday's goals:
    1. Lots of water. *9 CUPS*
    2. Training in the morning then Body Attack in the evening. *DOUBLE CHECK*
    3. Tidy my flat as friends are coming over for lunch. *CHECK*
    4. Get to bed early to prepare myself for work tomorrow. *HEADING OFF TO BED SOON*

So today was a good day and hoping I can keep this going the rest of the week. Have just booked myself in for loads of classes this week so need to make sure I get to them all!

Nicole I didn't make any specific resolutions except that I want to hit my goal weight within the next 2-3 months. I have no idea how long it's going to take so just want to make sure I keep logging my food, keeping my calories in check and training as much as possible and aim for 5 times a week!

Happiness well done on starting Power 90. I'd love to hear about it. Is it similar to P90X or from the same family? Keep pushing play!!! I love that feeling when you are sore from working out as it shows that you've worked hard!

Tuesday's goals:
    1. Don't stress too much at work. I want to start the new year calm and in control at work.
    2. Lots of water.
    3. Remember to take my lunch from home. It's all ready I just need to take it out of the fridge.
    4. Leave work on time.
    5. If I achieve #4 then go to Tri Class and the new Zumba class!
    6. Eat breakfast.

Hope you're having a great day!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I did HORRIBLY over the weekend--lots of stress!

back on track today and here goes--

Goals for Jan. 3:

1. Water.
    2. Exercise --already done, all 60 minutes of it!
    3. Finish putting away the Christmas things.
    4. Only one piece of cake--it's my son's birthday and he is the BEST so we are having cake!

As I said--I've been under a lot of stress so I am also committing to doing a meditation before bed. I just need to be sure to go upstairs before I get too tired!

have a good day, everyone!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Monday's recap:
    Monday's goals:
    1. complete level 2 of 30 day shred by 3pm. YES, IT WAS LATER, BUT I DID IT. AND IT WAS LEVEL 1, NOT 2.
    2. drink 10 cups of water. YES
    3. eat more fruits and vegetables. YES
    4* My husband and I are having a 30 day no chip challenge. YES

Keeping the chips out the house is the easiest way to be successful for the no chip challenge!!
    Tuesday's goals:
    1. complete level 2 of 30 day shred.
    2. drink 10 cups of water.
    3. zumba on wii for alteast 20 minutes
    4. straighten up the house while its not so bad.
    5. try a new sweet potato recipe.