What to put on popcorn

Options

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast ~ buttery, cheesy and salty ~ with 8g of protein per serving

I just finally found this stuff in the grocery store. It is ridiculously tasty. My son loves it! I'll bet it would stick to pop corn really well too.
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jalapenos are the bomb on popcorn along with white cheddar cheese. OMG!!!!
  • SavinnaMarie
    SavinnaMarie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cheese powder or sour cream powder (don't overdo it)

just salt

cinnamon sugar

Parmesan cheese

sometimes i go plain. american's best whole grain 94% fat free popcorn is good even without any spice
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    OLD BAYYYY
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A Little salt & raisins
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    The sliced jalapenos from a jar, but baked so they aren't all squishy. If you make popcorn in a paper bag, just drop 'em in there. There's a spray butter chemical that is "free" and is pretty good too.
  • stephtx1973
    stephtx1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump...ben looking for snack ideas! Just started this, and I am missing crunchy, salty snackfoods. Many great ideas!
  • mynamealex
    Options
    of course
    Parmesan cheese!

but only once....in a while...a big..while
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    some good ideas on here. for the people who put the nutrional yeast on. Does it taste like cheese? i was thinking of buying some but i am not a cheese fan..
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    OLD BAYYYY

Truly? Is really tasty? (I mean you used ALL CAPS, you must be sincere!) We always have Old Bay around. Will try tonight! THANKS
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a stove top popper so i pop the kernels in a bit of coconut oil. When done I toss them with a tablespoon of melted butter. for seasoning I use either butter flavored popcorn seasoning or I use an asiago peppercorn popcorn seasoning. The melted butter helps the seasoning stick. you have to work fast while it's hot and steamy. so I usually pour half the popcorn in the bowl, use a spoon to drizzle half the butter on, sprinkle with seasoning. then add the other half of everything and then toss really well.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How do you make 'air popped popcorn' - I've always used a store brought microwave bag. But they are usually really HIGH in calories...

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Steph xx
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Parmesan cheese and black pepper or cayenne pepper. LOVE it!
  • mwmix
    mwmix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know this is weird, but Sriracha Sauce.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

^^This! And nutritional yeast sometimes (tastes kinda like cheese!)
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    How do you make 'air popped popcorn' - I've always used a store brought microwave bag. But they are usually really HIGH in calories...

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Steph xx

You can just put a few tablespoons of popcorn in a glass bowl, add oil if you want (or not), cover it with a glass lid (I use a dinner plate) and put it in the microwave on high for about 3-4 minutes.
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love Frank's red sauce on mine! yummmmy :)

also i like Parmesan and Garlic Salt too.
  • Grammanut
    Grammanut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just got Jolly Time 100cal. mini bags kettle corn and healthy pop butter on sale :-)
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I air pop my corn, spray it with a little pam to make the seasoning stick and then take a packet of stevia and mix it with kosher salt and sprinkle it over. Minimal calorie add and maximum yummy. Tastes a lot like kettle corn.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    May sound gross. Melted butter, lime juice, and salt. I pretend it's a margarita.