Runners: what (if any) form of ID do you carry with you?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If I'm home alone and decide to go for a run I take my drivers license and my phone.

If my husband is home I just take my phone and let him know how far I'm going. He knows about how long it would take me to do certain runs so if I wasn't home by a certain time he'd come look for me.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use a RoadID and I always have my phone with me
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    DNA
    and dental records :-)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    When I run on walking paths I do not carry anything with me. When I run on the road I carry my drivers license and Medical Insurance card with my wifes cell phone number on it. Hope it never has to be used
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Dog tags. Literally. Low cost alternative to RoadID. Find the vending machine in the big box store or pet store. Get the largest tag available ($6) with 4 lines of data: name & blood type, home phone, spouse phone, friend phone. Lace it into your shoes.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    In an emergency first responders are not going to bother digging through your "stuff" (IE bags, pouches, "holders" etc.) maybe after they get you to a hospital... I like the ROAD ID concept BUT for me dog tags would be a good alternative... there are places to order them online just like the Road ID... as a first aider... primary concern is the patient... during a preliminary check... I would find the dog tag or the road ID... something stuffed in your waistband, or in your phone case.. NOT going to be evident... the simple most basic way to ID yourself... write your name and emergency contact number in the palm of your hand...
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I carry my health card. It has name, picture and in a system somewhere my mailing address. The pouch I put it in is mesh so it will be seen eventually. My cell phone main picture (shown when locked) has my in case of emergency phone number.
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    Good info... I will look into getting a Road ID.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Road id is great.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    What was it called again?

I wouldn't keep any information in shoes since they can fall off as several already mentioned, but I've tied my key to the lace. There are also runner's shirts with pockets in the hem, at least my New Balance shirt has one. The likelihood of my arm being chopped off is quite small, so I'll stuff my driving licence and some note of contact info to the parents in the arm band with the keys and iPhone.
  • mlssdl
    mlssdl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wear my Medical ID bracelet. It is a locket type so it has emergency contact info and my insurance info inside it as well as my medical information.