Ephedrine?

Options

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

Stimulants can help provide energy for a workout. They do NOT cause fat loss, NONE of them. I've tried just about every stimulant there is, and none of them work for fat loss. They work for energy. Some are good for sex, others not so much. But none of them cause fat loss. Period. And NONE of them will make your heart jump out of your chest from a single dose. You have reached overdose level if you go the hospital over any stimulant. Don't overdose. Better yet, stick to caffeine and ginseng. They are the safest, cheapest, and easiest to give you a bit of a boost without causing other health problems.

There.

Now.

/thread
    Studies indicate otherwise.
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=33&effect=Weight&selection=all
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=33&effect=Fat Mass&selection=all
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=33&effect=Metabolic Rate&selection=all
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=81&effect=Metabolic Rate&selection=all

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8384187

Over a period of 12 weeks. Did they follow these people after their crash?
    there is no crash if you take them correctly. just like weaning yourself onto the dosage you wean yourself off so no crash is experienced
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

Stimulants can help provide energy for a workout. They do NOT cause fat loss, NONE of them. I've tried just about every stimulant there is, and none of them work for fat loss. They work for energy. Some are good for sex, others not so much. But none of them cause fat loss. Period. And NONE of them will make your heart jump out of your chest from a single dose. You have reached overdose level if you go the hospital over any stimulant. Don't overdose. Better yet, stick to caffeine and ginseng. They are the safest, cheapest, and easiest to give you a bit of a boost without causing other health problems.

There.

Now.

/thread
    stimulants do help with fat loss tho, so im not sure where you got that info from. also caffeine is a stimulant, and one of the most recommended ones for fat loss at that
    No stimulants do not help with fat loss directly. Stimulants are basically only good for appetite suppression so that may help with fat loss indirectly but that it due to appetite suppression allowing you to eat less. It's still about caloric deficit.

Right. That's what I was trying to get at. But once the drug has left your system, your appetite returns. If someone knows of a stimulant that both causes appetite suppression and no crash when the drug leaves your system, then let me know. But I've tried everything that's on the market, both prescription and non, and those found in the streets, and they either don't cause appetite suppression or they *do* cause a crash with subsequent binge-fest.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread
    stimulants do help with fat loss tho, so im not sure where you got that info from. also caffeine is a stimulant, and one of the most recommended ones for fat loss at that

No. They. Don't.

As soon as you quit taking them, the fat comes back, and THEN some. They work for a day, a week, a month, maybe. But you can't keep using forever, or you wind up in the hospital. Then the drug leaves your system, and you're hungry as all get out and you eat everything in sight.

Been there. Done it.
    just because they didnt work for you doesnt mean they dont work at all. im not condoning the use of them im just stating that factual truth. i have friends who've taken stimulants (ECA stack) to great effect, and kept the weight off after

tumblr_mefuoovcqw1ra58n6.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    On a serious note OP..you don't need stimulants. Dedication, hard work, and educating yourself on your goals will be a lot more beneficial in the long run.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=33&effect=Metabolic Rate&selection=all
    http://examine.com/show_rubric_effect.php?id=81&effect=Metabolic Rate&selection=all

there is no crash if you take them correctly. just like weaning yourself onto the dosage you wean yourself off so no crash is experienced

:laugh:

Yeah., like occasionally for a cold or sinus congestion, which is the currently accepted use for ephedrine. But occasional use of ephedrine will not cause long term fat loss.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    On a serious note OP..you don't need stimulants. Dedication, hard work, and educating yourself on your goals will be a lot more beneficial in the long run.
    '

YEP!

This is the truth. I've been down this road, and it's not one you want to be on. Put in the hard work of proper diet and exercise and save yourself heartache and an empty wallet.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It makes my heart feel like it's going to explode.

I figured it can't be good for me.

At best, it'll make me burn an extra 100-300 calories a day. I'd rather just skip the Snickers bar than wonder if I'm about to have an aneurysm all day long.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread

:laugh:

Yeah., like occasionally for a cold or sinus congestion, which is the currently accepted use for ephedrine. But occasional use of ephedrine will not cause long term fat loss.
    im not sure what your trying to say here. lets just say this; find me a study that shows stimulants have no effect on fat loss, and we can end this discussion now. otherwise, accept the fact that you may be wrong on this one
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Ugh, why did people have to turn this into a discussion, the hilarity behind the fear mongering was awesome.

Seriously OP google is your friend. The people who are saying do your research are correct before you try something like this. For those who think it is somehow more life threatening than other drugs on the market, that are legal mind you......lol

Ha! Because I have learned that fear-mongering causes the "forbidden fruit" element which means OP will run out and buy a bunch of pills and maybe even OD. Truth is the best way to prevent drug abuse. :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread

No. They. Don't.

As soon as you quit taking them, the fat comes back, and THEN some. They work for a day, a week, a month, maybe. But you can't keep using forever, or you wind up in the hospital. Then the drug leaves your system, and you're hungry as all get out and you eat everything in sight.

Been there. Done it.

ETA: Fat loss is caused by a calorie deficit, not from a magic pill.

Some stimulants increase caloric expenditure. There's still the calorie intake side of the equation though.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Ugh, why did people have to turn this into a discussion, the hilarity behind the fear mongering was awesome.

Seriously OP google is your friend. The people who are saying do your research are correct before you try something like this. For those who think it is somehow more life threatening than other drugs on the market, that are legal mind you......lol

Ha! Because I have learned that fear-mongering causes the "forbidden fruit" element which means OP will run out and buy a bunch of pills and maybe even OD. Truth is the best way to prevent drug abuse. :flowerforyou:

That's already been proven true by the response of, "Oh death? But I can still do this if I'm "smarter" about it, right?" :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread

No. They. Don't.

Been there. Done it.

Some stimulants increase caloric expenditure. There's still the calorie intake side of the equation though.

That's very true.

And it's calories that matter. And it's *habits* that matter for the long term.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

That's already been proven true by the response of, "Oh death? But I can still do this if I'm "smarter" about it, right?" :laugh:

Exactly! :laugh:
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    it's one of the main ingredients used for making Meth. ..... just sayin... sketch.
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    I used to LOVE this stuff, like 15 years ago when i didnt know any better.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Yep. I used it in high school as a high and to stay skinny. I was skinny, weak, and really unhealthy. It was stupid time in my life and I regret it.

Ephedrine is for respiratory problems, not for weight loss.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread

No. They. Don't.

Been there. Done it.

That's very true.

And it's calories that matter. And it's *habits* that matter for the long term.

Well, yes. I don't think stimulants are a good idea for weight loss, and they probably won't help long term, but in the short term I think it's accurate to say they can help with fat loss. They come with significant side effects though.

There are also other compounds which dramatically increase fat loss, but are banned outright.

Really, it turns out that using drugs to increase metabolism in the human body is rather fraught with peril. Anything that increases metabolism enough to have a significant effect on fat loss is also quite likely to kill you.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yep. I used it in high school as a high and to stay skinny. I was skinny, weak, and really unhealthy. It was stupid time in my life and I regret it.

Ephedrine is for respiratory problems, not for weight loss.

I used it in college. I wanted it to help me lose weight but really all it was good for was staying awake in class, and for that it was great.