P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Starting my 3rd round on the 8th! Good luck all. It's worth it!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed. :( I'm borrowing my program from a friend and she hasn't gotten it to me yet. :( I wanted to start on the 1st, and I've already asked her about it twice. Since she's doing me a favor I feel bad asking yet again. I hope I get it soon enough - maybe I'll just be a week or 2 behind. I WILL do this though! :) I may stop by the library and see if i can find anything, by chance.
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I Started this morning with the LEAN PROGRAM! Core Synergisitics was today day and it was pretty good! I do intend to workout twice a day.i perform 20 minutes of cross training cardio daily followed by 10 minute Jump rope session!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting my second round today!! The first time I did the Classic version, this time I'm doing Lean, just to switch it up... plus I'm a Core Syn lover so I get to do that workout more often, haha.

I'll post my measurements later today, I should've done it last night but was too lazy. :tongue: Happy Monday, and BRING IT!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aintnet
    Aintnet Posts: 12
    Options
    I will love to start this challenge. I will be starting P90x tonight....SW 229.8 goal 165
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am heather and I'm starting out with power 90 but my baby lost phase1-2 dvd so starting with 3-4 dvd and doing it at my own pace!
    Starting Weight: 144
    waste: 34
    hips: 36
    chest: 38
    right arm: 10
    left arm: 10
    right thigh: 20
    left thigh: 20
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first workout today (Core Synergistics) and I don't have a HRM and won't be getting one anytime soon, so how can I get a quick estimate of calories burned??
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first workout today (Core Synergistics) and I don't have a HRM and won't be getting one anytime soon, so how can I get a quick estimate of calories burned??

Circuit Training - General is pretty close to what my HRM says.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Circuit Training - General is pretty close to what my HRM says.

Thanks, I will try that.
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started P90X today. I would love to join the group! I am doing the Classic version. It has more resistance training which is what most women need to get leaner. I have done hours upon hours of research and here's what I've come up with. I know that a lot of women are afraid to lift heavy because they are afraid that they will bulk up. They won't because women don't produce enough testosterone (like men do). Everyone that I have spoken to told me that women should do the Classic version and lift as heavy as you can with good form. You need to add muscle to boost your metabolism (better metabolism = more calories burned all day long). Also, you will do Ab Ripper X 3 times per week in the Classic version which will help pull in your stomach. From what I've seen and heard (pictures and talking to women who have done P90X), Classic will produce the most change to your body. Again, this is what I have been told from talking to people who have done it. I haven't done it yet, but I still wanted to share what I have learned.

I'm in!!
  • pghatc41
    pghatc41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to do classic instead of lean. I did Kenpo early this afternoon, and will have to get my measurements later tonight. I did weigh in at 191.2 with an approximate body fat of 22%. Looking forward to getting that down....
  • Reesepc
    Options
    Can I still join today? I plan to do the p90x classic version. I will post my measurements tomorrow. Shall I just hop on the wagon and start day 3 or should I actually start day 1?
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started day 1 of P90X Lean on Saturday. Just finished W1D3. Man, I love it. I finished P90X classic last year and saw great results. Needless to say, I want to get back there. Will post stats soon!
  • Aintnet
    Aintnet Posts: 12
    Options
    I am right there with you!!!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So.......today was day 1 for me....doing the Lean Program

-Core Syn- Got me workin!

I was rather surprised at how 'easy' the moves were for me though. I'm attributing that to having completed the original P90 already, so I had some strength to build on. Did 20 mins of running afterward, followed by a session of stretching & ab work. My burn for the day was 727, so I was good with that. Looking forward to day 2! I hope you all are on track & BRINGING IT!! :happy:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    *Attention*

I love it that everyone is talking about P90X together and giving tips. I love to see that. As for ANYONE who has been asking if they can join the challenge with us. This CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO EVERYONE. There is no official start date. The only thing that you should know is that i am treating this board as if we all started on the 1st and thats how i am recording it. That is the day i started. If you a day off or a week that is fine. You will have to track that yourself. I will update the list of challengers for each program tonight. If you posted your measurments and program you are doing, Your name will be on the list. If not, there will be more updates in the future. Also, there will be a voluntary weigh in every saturday.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok here it goes.... My Start Date is Today - Jan 3. I am on my second round and just finished day 1.
    I am doing the Classic version doubles.... i plan on mixing up my doubles and doing other workouts not just cardio x all the time.... I think i'll get bored!!

Starting Weight: 183.2
    waste: 37
    hips: 46
    chest: 38
    right arm: 13 1/2
    left arm: 13 3/4
    right thigh: 27 1/2
    left thigh: 26 3/4
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 3 of the lean program (shoulders and arms and ab ripper). I did very well and think i should be using heavier weights. But for ab ripper x, omg, very hard. Hopefully in time it will get better. well, i am not looking forward to 92 mins of yoga tomarrow, but i will suck it up and get through it. Also do we have any biggest loser fans in the board. I am completely estatic that it is starting up again tomarrow. Can't wait to see the new trainers
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 3 of the lean program (shoulders and arms and ab ripper). I did very well and think i should be using heavier weights. But for ab ripper x, omg, very hard. Hopefully in time it will get better. well, i am not looking forward to 92 mins of yoga tomarrow, but i will suck it up and get through it. Also do we have any biggest loser fans in the board. I am completely estatic that it is starting up again tomarrow. Can't wait to see the new trainers

I just finished day 2 of Cardio X. Man the second half was um sweaty! I've heard Ab Ripper is brutal. Can't wait to do it tomorrow!

BTW, I LOVE Biggest Loser! I can't wait for the new people and trainers! I wasn't too impressed last season with the results.With the exception of Patrick, Ada, Mark and Adam!