Goal reached. Family horrified.

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    In time, they will get used to your new face and new look. I won't even comment on the specifics of your family's reactions, except to say - REALLY??
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats u look amazing there will always be haters when u are on your lifestyle change journey
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    some families don't except change well. you do not look unhealthy AT ALL. Like another poster said, they may just need to get used to the new you, especially if you've lost it rather quickly. Great accomplishment btw!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You look great, seriously. Your family just hasn't acclimated to the "new" (or should I say old?) you. You've obviously worked really hard to get here and you look amazing and if you feel great about it, try not to let your family take away from that. They'll come around.
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. Whenever someone loses weight their face seems to get really thin at first. After awhile your face will fill out in certain areas again and you will look even better.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Don't believe them, you're beautiful. Congratulations on your success :)

This!!!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!! they need to accept it and move on!! keep up the great work!!!!!
  • strippedandvital
    strippedandvital Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And more importantly, it sounds like you FEEL fantastic. You've worked hard & deserve to enjoy the results. It is cliche, but you cannot please everyone, so make sure you go to bed happy with yourself & everyone else can just eff right off. Keep rocking it! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you really look awesome!
    Families are weird at times, your face does NOT look eww! you look FAB :)
    ignore them!
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss you look beautiful.
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look perfect. Isn't it amazing the people who love you most and vice versa, can have the most power to hurt you? :( so sorry... and keep doing what you're doing.
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    People will always have some s@#t to say. "You're too fat" "You're too skinny" etc. You said you look and feel great? Then own that!! You worked hard to get there and I'm sure you are working hard to maintain. Don't let other people tell you how you should look and feel. Families can be the worst. So all I can say now is CONGRATS and I hope you stay on your healthy path that you have created for yourself. Best wishes!!
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. You are healthy. I am sorry that your family is so negative. You look beautiful. This is your life not theirs.
  • usmcj80
    usmcj80 Posts: 58
    Options
    Don't Listen to them. My adopted sister visited since I lost all my weight and her first reaction was that I am too skinny. I am in amazing health and physically I am faster and leaner than I have ever been. I feel great and there are many people that are more similar to my size that think I look great as well. Besides you face looks great they just aren't used to seeing you like you are is all.
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look great. Don't give up and put the weight back on. I have been where you are now after losing weight, getting down to my mid-range normal BMI, feeling great about myself, to have someone tell me "You look too thin...put some back on!" Which is what I did and felt miserable. Go with your gut, do what is right for you. Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your own body. You are where you need and want to be...they will get used to it. Good job!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    OP, you look fine. But since you posted this last week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1274911-1200-cals-is-just-fine-1100-is-just-fine-too-if

Could it be that your family is just concerned for you?
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look lovely!!! It would have upset me too, I don't think it means you have body issues. I think parents (especially) say you look too thin because they worry. There is so much in the press about people going too far and they worry that their child will go that way.

I think sometimes it comes out of jealousy too - sisters and stuff.

You look great, you feel great, you have done a great job and you should be proud of it.

Perhaps its a shock if you lost it quickly and/or they haven't seen the weight coming off, just seeing it suddenly off?! Once they get used to it they will get over it.

Believe in yourself, you know you are in great shape, stick with it!
  • ggmay50
    ggmay50 Posts: 4
    Options
    Families, Gotta Love Em!!! Somehow those we love can say the most hurtful things - I guess if we didn't love em, it wouldn't hurt so bad. I agree with some of the others postings - maybe a little jealousy is going on. You look awesome and congrats on your success. It gives us hope that we too can succeed.
  • rikracer61
    rikracer61 Posts: 208
    Options
    Why is it that relatives seem to think they can say something to you that they would never say to someone else? I think you look healthy and fantastic, so live your life as you want. I think I would start critiqing my relatives if they did the same to me, but that is just me. Obviously that would not solve anything but a dose of their own medicine might not be a bad thing.
  • jennij0421
    jennij0421 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First off, you look totally amazing and great job on all of you hard work to get where you want to be!!! Secondly, it might be weird if you weren't hurt by the things that your family is saying. However, you know that you are healthy and like the way that you look and that is all that really matters at the end of the day. I know it has to be hard to hear these things from the people that you love the most but try not to let it bother you. You have worked incredibly hard and don't let them take that way from you. I might call my dad back and try to have another conversation with him about how you struggled with being overweight and now you are perfectly healthy. Maybe even offer to let him take a look at your eating habits and exercise routines if that would put his mind at ease. I am sure they are just concerned about you and not expressing it in the correct ways. With that said, be proud of yourself! Again, you look AMAZING!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!