Freelee the Banana Girl

Options
Hi all

I know there have been a few posts about this girl...I only just found out about her a few days ago and have to say I have been glued to her youtube channel...just so much crazy! Anyway my question is a simple one, how is she so skinny eating all those carbs and sugars?! I know she is active I have friends who have horrible diets but workout a lot so think it's "ok" and none of them are as skinny as her. I just don't get it. How is she not ill from all the sugar?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I believe she is a long distance cyclist. And I think she at one time had an eating disorder which she may or may not have recovered from. I don't watch her stuff because I refuse to give crazy any online hits that lead to money from advertisers.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 80/10/10 for at least 6 months now, and recently started adding in calories. I eat about 3,000 per day; I'm a 55 year old male.
    I ride my bike about 75-100 miles (4-6 hours) per week on average.
    As Freelee says carbs don't make you fat. It's a big fallacy. Fat makes you fat. Animal products make you fat.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Fiber is essential. Also look at John McDougall's work.
    Another YouTube person to watch that will better explain is Jay at PlantbasedAthlete.
  • TheNewMe93Chicago
    Options
    Hi all

I know there have been a few posts about this girl...I only just found out about her a few days ago and have to say I have been glued to her youtube channel...just so much crazy! Anyway my question is a simple one, how is she so skinny eating all those carbs and sugars?! I know she is active I have friends who have horrible diets but workout a lot so think it's "ok" and none of them are as skinny as her. I just don't get it. How is she not ill from all the sugar?
    Search her page. She has a video for every question like that. I love her.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 80/10/10 for at least 6 months now, and recently started adding in calories. I eat about 3,000 per day; I'm a 55 year old male.
    As Freelee says carbs don't make you fat. It's a big fallacy. Fat makes you fat. Animal products make you fat.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Fiber is essential. Also look at John McDougall's work.
    Another YouTube person to watch that will better explain is Jay at PlantbasedAthlete.
    Any science for the claims? Or just opinions from youtube gurus?
    <
    Eats animal products daily makes one jacked and strong, science be damned!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Yeah.... I mean I'm morbidly obese at this very moment from eating healthy fats and animal proteins. And those 40lbs I lost 3 years ago were all in my head.

:noway: :huh:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

<eye roll>
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, she does get quite a bit of exercise.

I on the other hand would not have to exercise for a minute on that diet, since if I eat more than one banana a day, I'm sick as a dog. You can't get fat if you can't keep your calories down.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

animal products make you fat.... .right....

because these hunter-gatherers are really, really, really fat, aren't they? :noway:

wokjvbtnxwdjdtuu4e92c68a162e4.jpg
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Diet composition has little impact on body mass:

http://imgur.com/zLal4w9

http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=2993&bhcp=20

You can lose weight eating Twinkies. It has been done.
  • Wade406
    Options
    <

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

preach
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

animal products make you fat.... .right....

because these hunter-gatherers are really, really, really fat, aren't they? :noway:

wokjvbtnxwdjdtuu4e92c68a162e4.jpg

They all look like they could use a good turkey sammich.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    <

I don't take advice from 20-30 year old guys who have abs. I was you 20 years ago dude. I'm more interested in thriving for another 30 years.

I listen to the 70-80 year old guys: T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Ellsworth Wareham. At least they are Doctors who've authored research papers.

No. You weren't.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    <

If you saw what that diet did to a friend of mines wife.........you would think twice. I won't be suprised if that diet doesn't kill someone. Oh and my grandparents all lived to be well over 90 eating fatty meats, pasta, cooking in lard etc.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Six months? Post again when you've been doing it a year or two years.

There are many stories of people feeling fantastic when they start 801010, and then a year or so later feeling worse than before they started.

Also lol @ fat makes you fat.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I started a thread about her a few days ago. I am addicted to her channel too. I think some of what she spouts is bs but she brings it across in an interesting way anyway.
  • Wade406
    Options

There are many stories of people feeling fantastic when they start 801010, and then a year or so later feeling worse than before they started.

Well I've been vegan for 2 years. Before I was high fat, about 20-25%. Around 10% has been much better for me. Much more satisfying because I no longer have to calorie restrict.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Well I've been vegan for 2 years. Before I was high fat, about 20-25%. Around 10% has been much better for me. Much more satisfying because I no longer have to calorie restrict.

801010 is a much more restrictive diet than vegan or even raw vegan. It works for some. It is terrible bad awful for others. A lot of people who have done it for 6 months or less sing from the rooftops about how great they feel...until they don't. So come back in a year and tell us how well it's working out for you.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

All that fiber that is not as essential as once thought is going to make you have leaky gut.

Fat doesn't make you fat, quite the opposite is true.