You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think she should just go kill herself.
    *trollllololololol*

Dude. Seriously uncool :angry:
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow..
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to try to explain this as simply as I can.

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

You have been arguing this whole time. I never really was talking about you. You have talked to me very reasonably. Although I do not agree with how you think I deserve it (as it is victim blaming), but I am talking about the people who were just complete as$holes. I am 32, and when a group makes a 32 year old woman who is tough as nails cry because I was thrown through a loop, there is something wrong there. Why was that necessary? It's not. It never was. You guys did it because you wanted to. Not because it was right or wrong.

I think you need to ask yourself why you continued to come back if you found the response so upsetting to you.

I already made it obvious why. I'm an advocate against abuse. This is a form of abuse. Therefore I will fight it. It's hard to fight reason and logic to the ignorant and in denial.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It is getting a little out of hand. As funny as the gifs are--it's not like she's selling Herbalife. Calm your roll people. And to the target, well, internet.

but see, I'm fighting common internet bullying acceptance all together. If we accept it, how will it ever get better? This is certainly not what I imagined the internet being. Where people get away with doing and saying things that would mean a real punch in the face in rl. People hide behind their computers and get bold but never get real about the problem.

I would say everything I said to you in all threads to your face.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It is getting a little out of hand. As funny as the gifs are--it's not like she's selling Herbalife. Calm your roll people. And to the target, well, internet.

but see, I'm fighting common internet bullying acceptance all together. If we accept it, how will it ever get better? This is certainly not what I imagined the internet being. Where people get away with doing and saying things that would mean a real punch in the face in rl. People hide behind their computers and get bold but never get real about the problem.

No. People laughed at you for your misinformation. That wouldn't have meant a punch in the face. I've seen people in business meetings questioned pretty harshly for misinformation. That's how communities keep things accurate.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I have been more than real.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Advocate against abuse............talks about punching people in the face
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to try to explain this as simply as I can.

You are a 32 year old woman. You are not a child, you are not 12. There is no reason to coddle you, to hold your hand, to tell you you are right when you are wrong. Posting incorrect information and then falling back on claims of ignorance is not a valid excuse for an adult. If you are ignorant about a topic it is your responsibility to either not make declarations of knowledge you do not possess or to spend the time to look into it. Again, you are not a child. Telling you straight up you are wrong and why your responses have been offensive is not "abuse". Telling you some of what you said is down right moronic, also...not "abuse". You have free choice here, no one is holding you down, no one is bringing you here. This is a public forum where everyone is an adult. Time to grow up.

You have been arguing this whole time. I never really was talking about you. You have talked to me very reasonably. Although I do not agree with how you think I deserve it (as it is victim blaming), but I am talking about the people who were just complete as$holes. I am 32, and when a group makes a 32 year old woman who is tough as nails cry because I was thrown through a loop, there is something wrong there. Why was that necessary? It's not. It never was. You guys did it because you wanted to. Not because it was right or wrong.

I think you need to ask yourself why you continued to come back if you found the response so upsetting to you.

I already made it obvious why. I'm an advocate against abuse. This is a form of abuse. Therefore I will fight it. It's hard to fight reason and logic to the ignorant and in denial.

How will you know when you've won?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    No. OP, put the gloves down. This is not that fight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I rolled it? I'm seriously wondering if I should edit my post to include a roll gif.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I rolled it? I'm seriously wondering if I should edit my post to include a roll gif.
    Hmmm. Would that be abusive?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't think it's an accident that I got to roll this. There are no accidents. OP I can really relate to where you are right now. Would you consider getting off this ugly thread and going into a PM convo for like 5 minutes with me?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Damn McD. You got rolling skills :tongue:

gif-funny-japanese-weird-****-668877.gif
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I don't think it's an accident that I got to roll this. There are no accidents. OP I can really relate to where you are right now. Would you consider getting off this ugly thread and going into a PM convo for like 5 minutes with me?

I would do this, if I were you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

When people correct something incorrect that you've said, you punch them in the face?!? Your logic has clearly gone off the rails. I hope a good night's rest will give you more clarity tomorrow.

And for what it's worth, I am a lot edgier IRL than I am online (because I can judge my recipient/audience more clearly).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Damn McD. You got rolling skills :tongue:

gif-funny-japanese-weird-****-668877.gif

It was meant to be. I knew there was something else lurking under all this behavior. Just had no idea what.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Dear sweet babby jebus I can't believe this rolled.

Its zumba time. Please still be here in a hour
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif
    I disagreed with her first post. I'm disgusted and offended by the rest.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Dear sweet babby jebus I can't believe this rolled.

Its zumba time. Please still be here in a hour

Shake dat *kitten*.