Is losing weight supposed to be hard?

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Have you guys ever considered that your tendency to make excuses for not accomplishing a goal is why you're "too busy" to eat right? Try applying yourself to a goal, because I know for a fact that based in your current position and choice of words, you've never done that before in your life

I can tell you're going to have fun when you get to college english... there are these things called Fallacies that they can teach you about. It will make your arguements much stronger when you know and understand how they work and to not use them in an intellectual debate.

Secondly, there are many factors that come in to peoples lives that you do not know or understand. Over-eating is and ED that many people have developed to cope with different stressors in their life and can be as difficult to overcome as anorexia. You shouldn't make light of other people's problems.

Many of us work full time or more. I personally work and average of 70-80 hours a week, sometimes even 104. Many of us work and go to school at the same time, Also pay all of our own bills and clean up our houses and take care of our kids. Some of us even have medical conditions such as thyroid problems which hold us back. Which, by the way, is not 1% of population, but is actually 12% which is approximately 20 million Americans(research is another useful practice that you'll become well acquainted with in college).

So, when you have a thyroid disorder, work 70 hours a week, pay your own bills, go to school, clean your own house/do your won lawn work, and battel to overcome an eating disorder that arose in order to handle stress then you can come back and tell us just how easy it is to lose weight.

I truly wish you luck in school, with your health, and in life. Please try to be more open-minded in the future. You do not want to judge lest you be judged in return.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    not all of us have access to a FREE gym!!!
    I bought a bench, 400 lbs of plates, a bar, and a half rack for $120 on Craigslist
    You're obviously not willing to lose weight if you refuse to seek out alternatives

WIth mommy's and daddy's money, no doubt.
    You're really grasping at straws, aren't you?
    A 10 year old can earn $120 in a few months by mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, etc.

But that'd be a thin 10 year old from all the effort. Not someone who's spent hours honing their trolling skills in front of a computer screen.
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    And with the attitude you have, the only way for your girlfriend to get the boyfriend she deserves is TO FIND A NEW ONE
    Look back in history and tell me, how many of the greatest leaders ever were complacent, weak willed,etc.?
    I'll wait

You consider insulting a community of people to be a trait of leadership?
    "Hey, you should lose weight :)"
    "You're fat, stop making excuses and drop the weight"

Which would you listen to? Don't lie.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

We need to play Front hand ~ backhand, pick?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I started at 280lbs and I found it very simple, it's just basic math and making sure you measure your portions...

It's simple but not always easy.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I bought a bench, 400 lbs of plates, a bar, and a half rack for $120 on Craigslist
    You're obviously not willing to lose weight if you refuse to seek out alternatives

A 10 year old can earn $120 in a few months by mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, etc.

I don't know many parents who would let their 10 year old operate a lawnmower.

Clueless.

That is the first things you have ever said that has made sense to me.

And I owe that joy to you, OP.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    And with the attitude you have, the only way for your girlfriend to get the boyfriend she deserves is TO FIND A NEW ONE
    Look back in history and tell me, how many of the greatest leaders ever were complacent, weak willed,etc.?
    I'll wait

I would quit if my boss ever said either to me.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

<rubbing eyes, trying to think of any way to get through to you>

Okay you know that summer job you have, the one that gives you some walking around money. Yeah...that is made possible by the fact that you are supported by your parents. Without their support that "walking around" money that you have to use to buy gym equipment wouldn't even be enough to by your food let alone a roof for your head.

For every $120 you make your parents have spent $1200 supporting you. Your net value financially is negative.

Do you seriously not understand this. I have to echo the sentiment of a previous poster and ask myself if I was really this naive when I was 18.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'll wait

Would you whisper that to me in the enchanted forest?
  • bridgettesweightloss
    Options
    a combination of slowing metabolism due to aging (read - you need to eat less and less cals to maintain) and hormonal issues, esp thyroid issues, are most people's main problems when it comes to not being able to lose weight i think. i'm only 24, so my metabolism should be great, but my hashimoto's makes it slower than molasses (and i've got the labs to prove it :P ) so it's been an interesting journey. i basically need to take hormones and work out every day in order to get my metabolism where it should be normally, instead of having my exercise be an added boost.

don't worry though, i'm definitely getting there ;)
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I'll wait

And who are you striving to be like? Hitler? You are well on your way! Congrats!

Easy now. While Scooter here is hilariously misguided, he's hardly done anything worthy of whipping out your Godwin and waving it about.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    I love this thread for the simple fact that OP is completely ignoring certain comments so he can be snarky towards those he feels like addressing. Like, "you can't really be talking, you're 50 lbs overweight at 18 years old" ---***crickets from OP***--- but "afford a gym membership!" ---***I bought myself all this stuff***---

It's all just fun.

Some people have a hard time, some don't have great impulse control, some have health issues that get in the way, some just don't have the time, means to get to their ideal bodies, and that's okay. We all work at our own pace and if you're going to ridicule, I'm sure no one wants you here on the message boards.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    c'mon bud only 400lbs? how the hell are you gonna impress your gf only deadlifting 4 pl8?
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Calories in<Calories out

Done.

Please+add+more+exclamation+marks+next+time+_807eecc3baa48967de6faaa256cb3703.gif

BEST. GIF. EVER.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Wow. Paper routes pay more than they use to.

Maybe he left out the part where he said when he was mowing lawns, he looted the houses.

Clearly also, He's never paid a bill either because for $120 he could pay for any utlitiy,cell phone, cable, groceries excited and then looked at the $120 and said - I should maybe save this for a day when a future employer is not going to hire me because my attitude effin' blows.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    you're obviously lucky enough to have space for a rack in your house-!
    You meant his parent's house, right?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

I'm finishing up my second year and have to agree. I think some people find it hard because they haven't really figured it out yet.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Guys really stop feeding this troll. All he wants to do is make overweight people feel like *kitten*. Hes a spoiled little brat high on his recently acquired and unfamiliar male hormones. Why for the love of god are you actually taking him seriously? Let him prattle on. he will learn his lesson the hard way. As people like him always have to.
  • likitisplit
    Options

your parents have worked hard to provide you space for a rack in your house-!

FIFY
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Guys really stop feeding this troll. All he wants to do is make overweight people feel like *kitten*. Hes a spoiled little brat high on his recently acquired and unfamiliar male hormones. Why for the love of god are you actually taking him seriously? Let him prattle on. he will learn his lesson the hard way. As people like him always have to.

Because this is more fun than work?
This discussion has been closed.