Replies

• msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Come talk to us in a couple of months.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Losing weight was a breeze when I was young.....but now it's a pain in the hiney. Enjoy your fast metabolism why it lasts and remember weight loss won't always be easy. So develop good healthy habits now so you won't hafta worry about it later.

Enjoy your youth...it'll be gone before you know it.
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you guys ever considered that your tendency to make excuses for not accomplishing a goal is why you're "too busy" to eat right? Try applying yourself to a goal, because I know for a fact that based in your current position and choice of words, you've never done that before in your life
  • owngoal64
    owngoal64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started at 280lbs and I found it very simple, it's just basic math and making sure you measure your portions...

So.......if it were that simple, then how did you end up at 280 in the first place? Did you just wake up one day like that?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Keep making excuses, I'll keep making progress.
    All I know, is when I was 18 I didn't have 30 Lbs to lose to give my SO the partner they deserved (as per your profile) So what is YOUR excuse?? If you have a tendancy to be overweight now, just wait 'till you grow up!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me why I'm so glad I'm not 18 anymore.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

See you in about 20 years, when you're talking about the glory days playing high school football.
  • ken_m
    ken_m Posts: 128
    Options
    Hello original poster!

I am glad to hear your journey is going so well! You sound like a very well educated and promisinng young man of the future!

Would you be interested in a job making tons of money every week so much that you can drive any car you want including range Rover! and make BANK BRO.

Honeys will be all about this young handomse man with extra money to spend on anythign they want!

Please send me a private message and I will be happy to forward the details, but essentially I am looking for someone to watch my kids while I run to the store. It could be you!!! young man
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Have you guys ever considered that your tendency to make excuses for not accomplishing a goal is why you're "too busy" to eat right? Try applying yourself to a goal, because I know for a fact that based in your current position and choice of words, you've never done that before in your life

I knew everything for a fact when I was 18 too.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

A7r9z1w.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I am making progress we all are...

YOu sound a lot like my son did 2 years ago...he's 20 now and has been out working for a couple years...he's not so smug.

He actually wishes he could go back to high school life was easier...he didn't have to put in 48 hour weeks...he still lives at home so he's got it better than most....

I haven't heard one excuse here...all I see are tickers of people who have lost a lot of weight, who are here doing it...

Yes you are too...30lbs in total 14 to go..good for you.
    I'm a high school student, and when I'm home I usually just sit on the couch and watch TV/play PS4, or something along those lines. However, I lift for 30-45 minutes 3 times a week, and I go for a mile run once a week, and a 5 mile walk/run another day every week.
    Would I be sedentary or lightly active?

This above is your life...not someone who is a parent/spouse/employee/ who has other things to do when they get home ...

however most of us do exactly the same amount of exercise you do and more...better keep up young fella....this mom is kicking your *kitten* in the weight room.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All I know, is when I was 18 I didn't have 30 Lbs to lose to give my SO the partner they deserved (as per your profile) So what is YOUR excuse?? If you have a tendancy to be overweight now, just wait 'till you grow up!
    Exactly! I'd just had a baby and was a size 3 at that age.

I'm guessing the OP hasn't been pregnant.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    18 year old male, probably have time to focus on weight loss, blah blah, people have mentioned that already

There's also the fact that you likely have a fair amount to lose. Loss is typically much slower for smaller people. Enjoy finding it hard later on :happy:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I foresee someone finding himself single and alone by summer's end.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This is so perfect for Thowback Thursday... I remember being 18 and knowing everything too...thanks for the laughs

no, no.. you THOUGHT you knew everything...... which leads us back to the OP's comment.
    :laugh: :laugh: My point exactly....its almost sweet to see someone so niave, that he's figured out the answers to life. Too bad, he'll never have the pleasure of being a pre-menapausal woman :ohwell:
  • owngoal64
    owngoal64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Funny, because at 18 years old I couldn't have gotten to 50 pounds overweight if I tried? Metabolism was too good and I had no worries. So if this is all so easy, how on earth did you ever let yourself go to the point of being 50 pounds overweight as a teenager?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me feel a little testy. If this goes to blows, would I get torn down for punching a baby?

will_ferrell_punching_a_baby_in_the_movie_the_campaign-9292.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This person doesn't seem like an eighteen year old by the way he/she writes.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

But I am accomplishing my goal; I'm losing weight. And there have also been challenges. And there will be more. Rant-worthy, complaint-worthy challenges. Pretending that challenges are really all just excuses doesn't make someone awesome. Recognizing challenges for how difficult they are, and over coming them anyway over time, makes someone awesome.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Your young and you just got started. I bet if you have a lot to lose a good chunk came off in the first week or two. Report back in a few more months. It gets old.
This discussion has been closed.