Is losing weight supposed to be hard?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If it was so easy for everyone, wouldn't everyone be thin?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you be off being the man your girlfriend deserves?

Let the old people struggle in peace.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Calories in<Calories out

Done.

Please+add+more+exclamation+marks+next+time+_807eecc3baa48967de6faaa256cb3703.gif
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    You're in high school and have zero life responsibilities and associated stressors.

Grow up and stop trivializing what is difficult for a lot of people.
    You have all the tools available to you that you need to complete your goal. Responsibility and stress aren't reasons to not develop healthy habits
    Don't have time to have a healthy breakfast or lunch?
    Make it the night before and en masse
    Don't have time to exercise?
    Go for walks around the office or workplace if you have the chance

You asked about challenges. Examples were given. No one said those challenges preclude success.

The troll is strong with this one.
    Those aren't challenges, those are excuses

Based on what definition? Again, you're just coming off sounding like a troll.
  • SnippyStarfish
    SnippyStarfish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    C'mon man, don't make us young'uns look bad. Losing weight is different for everybody, instead of being a huge douche cannon try lending some of your success to others, ja feel?
  • amperry328
    amperry328 Posts: 21
    Options
    So....what exactly was the point of posting this thread? Nobody can gain anything from this.
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If it was so easy for everyone, wouldn't everyone be thin?
    It's easy or be fat in our society, if you don't care about what you're eating or how you're working out you can very easily let yourself go
    Being a normal weight requires some effort, and most people aren't willing to apply themselves
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You're in high school and have zero life responsibilities and associated stressors.

You're pretty rad. :)

In for 12 pages of arguing.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    funny-insults-quotes.jpg
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    You're an 18 year old male. Get back to me when you're a 45 year old woman.
    Calories in<Calories out

Done.

Isn't is past your bedtime?

Get-Off-My-Lawn.jpg
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My mom is trying to lose weight, and she has Wegener's granulomatosis, so she is on a whole host of medications, including steroids. She isn't allowed a wide variety of proteins either. And she has hypothyroidism.
    When your hormones are out of whack, it isn't simply calories in and calories out.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    So....what exactly was the point of posting this thread? Nobody can gain anything from this.

Something, something showing e peen
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

You have all the tools available to you that you need to complete your goal. Responsibility and stress aren't reasons to not develop healthy habits
    Don't have time to have a healthy breakfast or lunch?
    Make it the night before and en masse
    Don't have time to exercise?
    Go for walks around the office or workplace if you have the chance

You asked about challenges. Examples were given. No one said those challenges preclude success.

The troll is strong with this one.
    Those aren't challenges, those are excuses

At what point do "excuses" become challenges then. Where is that line?

I am sorry but when you are trying to maintain a house, working a 10 hour shift and starting a family those "excuses" qualify as challenges. We all have been through highschool, I can assure you....you have not experienced true stress yet. Your body is in peak form at your age, your energy level is at its highest it will ever be, you have the fewest responsibilities you will ever have in the rest of your adult life.

You perceive things as not being difficult because you have nothing in your life that makes them difficult.

Is weight loss or fitness complicated? No. But it, like anything, takes time...and time becomes a lot more precious at 30-65 than at 18.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

I am almost 50 years older than you, am on day 402, hold down a full time job and commute by public transport almost two hours each way in one of the biggest and most polluted cities of the world. I keep up my home, have a social life, exercise 6 days a week, walk my dog twice a day and take care of her and volunteer. Oh yes, I also cook all my meals.........and have had set-backs in my " journey " because I have rampant Lupus and re-covered from Thyroid cancer. I made the necessary efforts to overcome those problems and now have lost 50 pounds. Would you like to switch roles with me and still say thatweightloss is not a big deal ? And who considers it impossible ? If people really believe it is, what are they all doing here ?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I started at 280lbs and I found it very simple, it's just basic math and making sure you measure your portions...
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

There are factors that can make losing weight more difficult, such as:

1. Age/hormones
    2. Endocrine issues like hypothyroidism
    3. Medications
    4. Physical ailments/injuries that may keep a person from temporarily working out
    5. Life stresses like job changes, moving, loss of a loved one
    6. Being super busy and finding time management challenging
    7. Negative self-talk and damaging amounts of criticism
    8. Treating one slip-up as failure and sliding downhill and giving up
    9. Seeing a few pounds gained after vacation as failure and sliding down hill and giving up

I've also had a really easy time of losing weight since I started, though I'm not losing as quickly as you. But it took years of getting my endocrine system back into balance, learning to manage my stress so I don't get sick as much, and shushing the negative self-talk and feelings of failure.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If It's so easy, I dunno why you gained weight in the first place?
  • rkquade
    rkquade Posts: 17
    Options
    How close are you to your ideal weight? The closer you get, the harder it gets. If you have weight to lose, it can seem easier in the beginning, but get down to those last 5 "vanity" pounds and tell me how easy and not complicated weight loss or rather fat loss is for you.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Here, I got you a snack
    2ppkopt.gif

Careful not to choke OP
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Let's break this down
    My mom is trying to lose weight, and she has Wegener's granulomatosis, so she is on a whole host of medications, including steroids. She isn't allowed a wide variety of proteins either. And she has hypothyroidism.
    You're describing less than 1% of the population, nice.
    When your hormones are out of whack, it isn't simply calories in and calories out.
    Your body "burns" fat by not obtaining enough energy (calories) from food
    Make sure your body doesn't get enough energy, and you'll lose fat. It's not hard
This discussion has been closed.