Food prices that piss you off

Options

Replies

• kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Fage. It just went up to $7 at my store. I only buy it if it's on sale, otherwise I buy the store brand, or whatever else is on sale. Also, Quest bars. I miss Quest bars! :sad:

$7 FOR YOGURT? WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

I want to mail you some, jesus.
  • anushkadey
    anushkadey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Salmon!!! Insanely expensive..
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In my area, blueberries and avocados. I just can't afford a tiny baby box of blueberries for 4 bucks. . _. And avocados here are around 1.50 per fruit. o _o It's strange because I live in California, and we grow that stuff here to export to other states. Maybe my idea of "expensive" is different from other people's?
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I meant to edit my post but ended up quoting it! *slinks away*
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Avocados, asparagus and strawberries. I would eat them every damn day if I could afford it. :sad:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Whole red snapper. I love grilling whole fish, and red snapper is so super tasty, but I have to drive to the next town and buy from Whole Foods, and they only carry large ones, so they end up about $30 for one fish.

See also, lobster and crab. Way too expensive, way too tasty!
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did someone say salmon? Because SALMON! I'd inhale it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could afford it
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Wild Caught King Salmon. $17.99 a pound !
  • Cthulhu1974
    Cthulhu1974 Posts: 30
    Options
    Chicken. Being on disability makes it VERY tough to afford even something as simple as chicken.
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    and cashews! My gosh I love cashews, they're the peanut's more attractive sister
  • bobcooks920
    bobcooks920 Posts: 27
    Options
    Greek yogurt. $1.25 for a cup of Chobani?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter without added sugar, why are you harder to find and cost more?
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    in
  • alasha07
    alasha07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, for steak try and find a good local butcher. You can normally get really good quality meats there for cheaper then the stores.
  • andreagrace129
    Options
    Pretty much everything is way too expensive. Gotta love economic inflation. What really bugs me though, is that the price of buying fresh/organic food is astronomic compared to buying pre packaged junk food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts - over $5 per lb in my area. Even in season. I sitll buy them, but it's ridiculous.
  • sue_ham3
    sue_ham3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Organic almond flour...impossible to find unless you buy bulk from a grower...usually mail order. Too expensive for me.
  • sue_ham3
    Options
    The prices that really piss me off are:
    $18.99/bag of cup4cup gluten free flour. (Not optional, I have a celiac kiddo

Start mixing your own gluten-free flours. You can control the ingredients (organic, certified for celiac, etc.) and make mixes that are good for certain things like soft bread. Yep, that cup4cup is super expensive.

I'm not eating grains right now, so baking with almond flour and coconut flour which is also expensive, especially non-GMO and organic.
  • sue_ham3
    Options
    Whole roasting chickens!! - between $15-$20 per chicken.

Where do you live?

I can get a whole chicken for like $6

I pay $18 for Mary's organic air-chilled whole roasting chickens from Whole Foods in Pasadena, California.
    Regular defrosted chickens are in the $6 range.