Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    On my last week of Beta and I move on to Gamma... yikes

I think you'll enjoy Gamma! I'm on week 7 of Gamma (4 weeks of pure gamma, in 3rd week of gamma hybrid). It is very focused on strength (I sound like ShaunT!), and has really created the muscle definition that Beta didn't. Speed 3.0 is crazy, but fun like 2.0 is.

Good luck!

Good to hear. The Beta Upper Focus and Rip't Circuit are my favorites. I'm hoping Gamma is alot more like that. Speed 2.0 is pretty intense. I heard 3.0 has an insane amount of burpees! >:(
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Alpha W2 D3 - did Total body circuit last night (had to switch speed and TBC due to remote missing). The spider obliques are the worst! I'm getting better with the cardio and speed. The lower focus kills my knees though. By 20 minutes in, I'm almost ready to just stop. I do push on though.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is working on T25 right now, but I already know what I'm going to do after I'm done with Beta! I'm gonna start P90X3...anyone wanting to join me?! I might do a T25/P90X3 hybrid! I'll definitely need accountability buddies for that! Eek! The P90X3 challenge pack is $95 off this month and I just got mine in the mail. :-) Let me know if you're interested!
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is working on T25 right now, but I already know what I'm going to do after I'm done with Beta! I'm gonna start P90X3...anyone wanting to join me?! I might do a T25/P90X3 hybrid! I'll definitely need accountability buddies for that! Eek! The P90X3 challenge pack is $95 off this month and I just got mine in the mail. :-) Let me know if you're interested!

I have been thinking about that too! ;)
  • Jclifford253
    Options
    Hi guys.

As i've said before im on week 1 of beta,the thing is..my butt is "perky"but is a little square in the middle,i dont know if im being clear.
    Do you think lower focus helped anything in your legs/glutes?
    Because i've skipped that workout and i was doing ab intervals instead.

I'm kinda desperate,and seriously thinking start doing it on saturdays or something.

I would recommend not skipping around. I have added a cardio here and there but always do the one assigned for the day. I absolutely love speed 2.0. Wish I could do that one every day. Good luck:wink:
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am on week 1 of beta already completed Alpha. Beta is kicking my buttttt no lie...even while following Tanya the modifier the getting up and down off the floor is kicking me but I'm also doing it after if do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred so but I lost some inches no lie. I've broken up with the scale since the beginning of t25 so if I lost lbs (i know I did loose as my clothes fit much looser) how many I really don't know
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Hi guys.

As i've said before im on week 1 of beta,the thing is..my butt is "perky"but is a little square in the middle,i dont know if im being clear.
    Do you think lower focus helped anything in your legs/glutes?
    Because i've skipped that workout and i was doing ab intervals instead.

I'm kinda desperate,and seriously thinking start doing it on saturdays or something.

You should definitely do the lower focus. The order they've put the workouts in give you the best results, so swapping them out for others isn't going to give you the same results as they expect for you. My legs and glutes definitely feel a lot stronger for Beta because of doing the lower fix. I often do something on Saturday or Sunday and take the other day off...so maybe try to add that in now that you're on Beta. I think you'll see a great difference. And if you're really serious about doing the T25/P90X3 hybrid with me, let me know! It would be great to get a support group going for that, too. It wouldn't be until late June for me since I still have three weeks of T25 then a week on the beach ^_^
  • saradsilva
    Options
    Im getting "annoyed" and a little discouraged because of this,i've lost weight,and i know im losting weight but i can't see differences in my belly,i know you cant spot reduce,but i've been like this since week 2 of alpha,and i was hoping to be more ripped in the abs by now. im pretty fit but i have this last "layer"of fat that cant seem to go down ,maybe im wanting too much at the same time..lets see how i look in the final week of alpha and if i need gamma :)
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Almost done with the first week of Beta. I really like it! I don't feel as tired as I did in Alpha, more energized. After workouts I do pull-ups and pushups because I don't feel like Alpha helped my upper body strength too much. After Rip't Up I was sore in new muscles, which is always nice after a solid six weeks of working out to find new muscles that start developing.

I still haven't seen a single change on the scale. For background I'm 5'2" and weigh 127 right now. I only really have 5-10 lbs worth of space to lose, but I was hoping to see a LITTLE bit of change on the scale by now :(

Anyone else in Beta not losing weight yet?
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just got P90X3 in the mail too! I got the pack with the extra workouts. I know that's what program I'm heading to next, but I'm thinking about doing Gamma after Beta before moving on to the P3. I have already started practicing pull-ups to be able to do all the crazy upper body stuff that P90 always makes you do.

So I'll follow you into that after T25!!
  • saradsilva
    Options
    Just finished first week of beta and feeling awesome!
    One thing has been bodering me,the amount of calories i take everyday.
    In my MFP says i should eat 1200 calories,but i've been reading about TDEE ,i only have less than 5pounds to lose,and i've read in many places,specially in here,that i should eat more in order to achieve my goals.
    I'm 5'9 and i weigh 138lbs and im 21 years old,as you know i workout 5 days a week.
    im afraid of start eating more and not acheive what i want since im so close to that,im really divided on this.
    in my tdee says that i should eat 1600 calories for 20%deficit.
    i really dont know what to do.
    what is the amount you guys are eating?
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Where's everyone been?!?!?! I'm halfway through week 3 of Beta and it's kicking my butt AND I'M LOVING IT! I'm down 25 pounds since the beginning of my journey and finally below 190! How's everyone else doing?!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else in here into the Gamma phase yet? Speed 3.0 is a nightmare!
  • sjs227
    Options

No, I'm on W4 of Alpha. I am finally getting my knees up to my waist, but lunges are still painful.
  • kareeta
    kareeta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a relative newbie to T25, on Alpha W2 D3 today, Speed 1.0! Looking forward to a colder shower after that! :)
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Beta Week Four DONE! Can't wait for my final week! I seriously LOVE Speed 2.0! The week after Beta is done for me, I'm just gonna do random workouts from T25 or the 21 Day Fix until I go on vacation from the 14th to the 21st. I think I may actually do Gamma when I get back!!! I haven't even looked at the DVD's yet...kinda afraid. I figure I can always supplement something that might be too hard with something from Beta.

Anyone else gonna be ready to start Gamma on Monday, the 23rd of June! Let's do it TOGETHER!!!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Beta Week Four DONE! Can't wait for my final week! I seriously LOVE Speed 2.0! The week after Beta is done for me, I'm just gonna do random workouts from T25 or the 21 Day Fix until I go on vacation from the 14th to the 21st. I think I may actually do Gamma when I get back!!! I haven't even looked at the DVD's yet...kinda afraid. I figure I can always supplement something that might be too hard with something from Beta.

Anyone else gonna be ready to start Gamma on Monday, the 23rd of June! Let's do it TOGETHER!!!

I'm currently finishing up Gamma, and I highly recommend it! It fills the gap from the Alpha and Beta phase for the most part and is super intense.
  • infinikitty
    Options

I'm currently finishing up Gamma, and I highly recommend it! It fills the gap from the Alpha and Beta phase for the most part and is super intense.

I haven't even previewed the videos yet...out of fear haha
  • Tito3697
    Tito3697 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Just finished my first week of gamma strength hybrid. Speed 3.0 is a nightmare, but I feel so good after I'm done with it. Did it yesterday with TBC and was soooo close to nailing it, will get there soon.
  • sjs227
    Options
    Starting W5 Alpha today. I haven't been able to nail each workout, as I'm not fast enough on some of them because I'm modifying the jumps. But I'm loving it :)