SWa Walking group - January Walk

Options

Replies

• tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Leslie: Hope you start the feel better. Didn't you say tax season will keep you busy? I'm with Sandy - I don't envy you that at all.

Marie: When I lived in Oregon, the Governor's Office did a fitness challenge that had us walking across the state. It was fun and motivational. I think I'll walk across North Carolina. Just looked it up, east to west is 560 miles. At 80 miles a month, I might hit the western state line in July :laugh:

Well, did Leslie's Flatten Your Belly Walk today - 3 miles. Our little gym at the office has become quite busy of late with everyone's New Year's resolutions to get in shape and the air doesn't seem to be keeping up with the increased number of bodies so we were sweating today. I'm sure I dropped a few ounces in water weight.

Happy walking everyone!
  • tracyts
    Options
    Leslie: Hope you start the feel better. Didn't you say tax season will keep you busy? I'm with Sandy - I don't envy you that at all.

Marie: When I lived in Oregon, the Governor's Office did a fitness challenge that had us walking across the state. It was fun and motivational. I think I'll walk across North Carolina. Just looked it up, east to west is 560 miles. At 80 miles a month, I might hit the western state line in July :laugh:

Well, did Leslie's Flatten Your Belly Walk today - 3 miles. Our little gym at the office has become quite busy of late with everyone's New Year's resolutions to get in shape and the air doesn't seem to be keeping up with the increased number of bodies so we were sweating today. I'm sure I dropped a few ounces in water weight.

Happy walking everyone!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Walkers,
    Mamacindy & Luneytoonz, Its nice to meet you ;-)

I'm at a slow pace, Not happy about it. I'm so hoping tomorrow I have more energy. Trying not to eat so much bread maybe that will help?
    Got only 3 miles in instead of 4 :ohwell: . I cleaned house today, so able to burn calories that way :wink:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Cindy! As you see you've met up with a great bunch of walkers and we're glad to have you with us. :happy:

I got in 2 miles during lunch today. It felt good to walk outside again and hopefully the weather will hold out a couple of more days. I still haven't gotten any time in on my weights so I've got to do that by the weekend anyway. I haven't been doing well with the water either. :sad:

I like everyone's fancy new tickers. I'm going to have to check out that sight too.

Marie if you walk this way I'll walk north and we'll meet somewhere in the middle. Aren't you glad you don't have to walk across Texas?
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Walked 2 miles today. First time in a month and it felt good. I am going to go with 50 miles. Not sure what I can kick out but I might be surprised.

Marie - at work last year we were going to walk to PA. Anways we kind of stopped. Since we are both in WI we could walk some where? Like different Cities or what ever. That always keeps me going too like what city is next. Let me know what you think. I already have some miles caulated with the other walking group I was in.

Sandy - you keep me going thanks for all the positive things you say to us!

To all the newbies welcome is this a awesome group of people.

Have a good one

Dawn
  • NikkiLynn76
    Options
    I'm new to this post, hope it's ok to jump in. I have the Walk away the pounds 3 mile and love it. If it's ok to join, I'm going to set a Jan goal of 50 miles. :)
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Can I walk on the treadmill or do you have to have the videos?
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi SimplyC and Chickadee

Welcome to the group and it's fine to jump right in. Just set your goal for the remainder of the month and your set.

Chickadee, you can do any kind of walking you like, everything counts :happy:

Sandy
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    8e5a89daafd69a0.gif
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Saturday Miles in 3 Fast Miles
    Monday~Miles in, 1 Power Walk, 2 Walk Strong, 1 freeform.
    Tuesday~ 2 miles Walk and Kick 1 mile Power Walk with weights, 1.50 miles freeform with weights.
    Wednesday~4 Fast Miles~1 mile freeform with 5lb weights..

Feels good to get that workout in early. Welcome to all the New ladies. It's just one foot in front of the other doesn,t matter if it's the treadmill, elliptical, or dvd. This group is really keeping me moving. Thank you all, Alice
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Got 2 miles in walking/jogging outside.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Why don't I feel like doing anything.:mad: I've been so gun ho and today all I feel like doing is going to bed. I've only drank 2 glasses of water today and I've eaten a mini ice cream sandwich already. My daughter is starting today with MFP and I want to pump her up but I need inflating:sad: I'm going to go get another glass of water and then maybe do one mile of watp. I'm supposed to go over her house tonight and do the 2 mile one. I gotta do better today. Any suggestion or motivational phrases would help. Thanks ahead of time.
  • tracyts
    Options
    Viggie: How about this - "The secret of getting ahead is getting started."– Mark Twain or my personal favorite, "Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase." – Joseph Pilates (of course that last one is somehow ironic given Pilates tables are really expensive!) You can do it - one foot in front of the other!

Well, I did another 3 miles today. My meeting was cancelled so I got to join my group in the gym - YAY! I miss the days I can't get there. I also have to update my ticker, but that will have to wait until tonight as I'm sneaking this post in while on the clock :blushing:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've got in two miles so far today.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Day everyone!

Viggie - Love your new face :wink: , Cute!
    Tracy - Thanks for the quotes, I also needed to hear them.

I was so exhausted again today ( Not enjoying feeling weak & tired ), But yeah I had to force myself to get 1/2 hour of something in, The easiest for me was the treadmill. I tried working out with DVD's today. It Wasn't going to happen my body said NO!!!!!! :bigsmile:
    I Have know idea how those biggest loser's get through it!!! ... ( first time watching it last night)
    I will lose this weight!!! I will, But I refuse to pass-out or throw-up to do so. But God Help them, who gets through it! Slow and easy is my game play ( Okay moderate to hard, I won't lie). But Not Kill joy :sick:

Hopefully everyone had a better Day than Mine!!! Gooooo Girls!!!!! pick up them feet, move that body LOL. I'm tired , so just ignore me :blushing:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a lot better today (I've been pretty down for a few days). Got my exercise in early, got the papers she needed faxed to my youngest DD and got some grocery shopping done--Fred Meyer had root veggies on sale--LOVE 'em! I've been doing really well on drinking water, too, and at remembering to take my vitamin D.

I am averaging 3 miles a day so far this month and also doing some strength training videos from Sparkpeople. My food choices have been good and I am even staying in my calorie goal!

Hope everyone else is doing good, too!
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    I'd like to join! This seems like a pretty motivated group.:flowerforyou:

My name is Julie. I just got my first Leslie video less than a week ago and have already done 10 miles. The first day was a little tough moving those muscles around and I had to take a day or two off but now it's getting easier and I'm finding myself looking forward to it everyday because it's something I can do (without tripping over my own feet :ohwell: ) and when I'm finished I know exactly where I stand and how much I've accomplished. That is what is keeping me excited about it! And, I got a new Heart Rate Monitor so not only do I know exactly how far I've walked with the video, I know exactly how many calories I burned. I'm focusing on 2 miles to start and think I'll stay there until I feel the time is right to start upping it a bit.

Would it be a problem if I didn't identify a specific goal yet? I'm really not sure what my capabilities are at this point and what I can reasonably expect of myself and on the flip side I don't want to commit to something that is unrealistic and sabotage myself. But I will check in daily and share my progress.

Looking forward to walking and losing with you all! :smile:
  • NikkiLynn76
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. :) I did my 3 mile Leslie video today and feel great! Bringing me up to 7 miles so far for January! 43 more miles to go!
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What Leslie workouts are your favorites? Do you prefer when she is alone or with a group? After awhile do they all seem alot the same ?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Getting back involved with this group! I am taking it easy this month and just aiming for 31 miles in 31 days. :) I am doing some Wii workouts along with that, so that is one reason for not trying to do more on the miles. Basically I'm just trying to stay active in different ways until it gets warm enough that I can walk/run outside some more (and then I'll count that mileage on here too, I guess).

So far for January:

2/31 miles complete