Like Minded Lushes - January 2011

Options

Replies

• jschwarz3531
    Options
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks

Yay :) Unfortunately I have a cold so I still feel crappy! Good luck to everyone with their days off! I have a wedding Friday night about 35 miles from my house...BF volunteered to DD but I think ill do it with him...it will be a difficult challenge to stay sober through an entire wedding where I dont really know a lot of people....but i'm up for the challenge :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 4 Mexican beers with my friend. We ate thai and watched Weeds. Tonight I should be able to not drink and tomorrow. The weekend-well, that remains to be seen.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    WTG Robin!!!
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    0 drinks during the week this weeek was my goal and so far so good. I really want to give in tonight though!:noway: Reason I am doing this is cause it is my Birthday next week so I will be celebrating Thursady Friday AND Saturday. :drinker: :drinker: Yea! :bigsmile: I can't wait! Then the plan is to go sober for 2 weeks. HHAAAA! or should I say YIKES. :frown:

On a plus ...Just want to share the news that I may whave won a company wide wieght loss challenge and will bet to donate $500 to my charity of choice. I REEEAALLLY want this.:love: I hope I did it and I can't wait to find out. If not, I will quote the Biggest Loser and say the new life style is the reall winning.:wink:

Well until next time all my lushies. May you reach all your goals and accomplish what you need to. Sounds like all of you are doing EXCELLENT!:drinker: :drinker: ...oh wait don't drink to that:laugh:
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I saw "lush" and thought "that's me"! Lol, seriously you will find alcohol listed in my snack category as well more often than I like! I like wine, love champagne and will choose beer 9 times outta 10! So here's to like minds!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I saw "lush" and thought "that's me"! Lol, seriously you will find alcohol listed in my snack category as well more often than I like! I like wine, love champagne and will choose beer 9 times outta 10! So here's to like minds!

I love champagne too!! (guess that's why we met on this topic??!!) I see you are from Oklahoma, I am from Texas, but I think we still can be friends!!! :laugh:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Okay, I am getting down to it. so I will not have any alcohol today. I CAN DO THIS.

Well??????

Drum roll please .......... Tuesday = 0 drinks!!!!!!!!!

So now on to Wednesday. I worked my *kitten* off yesterday and it felt really good so I hope to get another 10 miles on the treadmill and an hour of strength training in today.

Very proud, very proud!!!
  • dallasdestination
    Options
    I'm going to aim for drinking one night a week only - and then I'll stick to either wine or low cal mixed drinks (like rum and diet coke, gin and slim etc..) Wish me luck! I've got a party to go to tomorrow night and going to go teetotal!

Whats a gin and slim?
  • reikichris
    Options
    I was shocked the first time i put a glass of Malbec (ok, 2) on my "Dinner Diary" and saw the calories.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    no alcohol for me tonight, first night in a while I haven't ended up having a glass of something. No promises about tomorrow night though, I've got a case of the blues at the moment. My kids are back to school and then I'm back to work on Friday - back to the same dreary routine. I love the freedom you get during the holidays, not being tied in to a busy schedule. I'm sure this time last year I vowed to do something about looking for a new job so that I didn't hate going to work quite so much but here I am a year on!
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to post to "join" the group and keep track of the thread! :)

ETA: I even have a drink in my profile picture! :drinker:
  • shestark
    Options
    I love this group and have the same issues! I to have decided to cut out any alcohol Sun-Thurs(unless a special occasion arises) and also cutting back to just a few on the weekends! Good Luck to everyone!
  • smithy74
    Options
    I'm going to aim for drinking one night a week only - and then I'll stick to either wine or low cal mixed drinks (like rum and diet coke, gin and slim etc..) Wish me luck! I've got a party to go to tomorrow night and going to go teetotal!

Whats a gin and slim?

slim line tonic water or diet tonic water,usually drunk with gin.its great on a nice summers day or any other time lol
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Hey! I'm new... I love this group of people already :)

My goal for the new year is to only drink one day a week and ALWAYS count the calories and log them. I'm used to drinking 1-3 glasses of wine a night... and gin and tonics are my weakness! This will not be easy for me because everyone in my boyfriends family (that I live with) drinks EVERY night, at least a little. I love to drink, even if its just one to unwind. I have realized though that the calories are not worth it at all! I have 25 pounds to lose by summer and I will do it without booze~ :)
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I can really relate to so many of you here, and I'm happy to join you.
    I had 2 glasses of red wine last night -- measured, enjoyed, and logged in the food journal.
    This is a huge change from the endless "sipping" I usually do at night.

I am so with you! It used to be that an open bottle of wine was an empty bottle of wine! But no more. I went "on the wagon" last year for 21 days and dropped 5 lbs! But it wasn't real life - it's like saying I am never going to eat bread again or a pizza - not real. So I do what you're doing - plan for it and measure it and log it. I also changed things up a bit and have a cocktail while I am making dinner etc but I mix it in a cocktail shaker (diet tonic, vodka, splash sugar free cran / pom and a lime) Then stir it (don't shake) and serve in martini glass with ice cubes. It basically will pour out 3 martinin glasses full but it's still only one drink. I learned it's not so much the need for the alcohol as it is the custom of associating a drink with relaxing or ending one's day. My 3 martini sized are still only 70 calories. No harm no foul! Cheers!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    found my new besties...i was going to do it tonight, not have a drink, and then came across this and needed a drink:) I am a sahm of 5 kids that should be reason enough to sit down with a couple beers or a rum and diet at night. I count it into my calories so i do not go over. Tonight is spiced rum and diet coke. It is taking my stress from the day away, maybe tomorrow it will be tea for the night, it is a good alternative I have found, i too agree it is having something at the end of the night and tea can mind trick me just enough that i do not need the alcohol, well on most nights:)
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Hey! I'm new... I love this group of people already :)

My goal for the new year is to only drink one day a week and ALWAYS count the calories and log them. I'm used to drinking 1-3 glasses of wine a night... and gin and tonics are my weakness! This will not be easy for me because everyone in my boyfriends family (that I live with) drinks EVERY night, at least a little. I love to drink, even if its just one to unwind. I have realized though that the calories are not worth it at all! I have 25 pounds to lose by summer and I will do it without booze~ :)

royam01: Welcome! If that's you in your profile photo, I'm drinking WHATEVER you are drinking!!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Phew! Glad I found this thread! I love wine. It's essentially a hobby of mine. I know too much about it and love to indulge. I'm watching my intake much more closely since the beginning of the year, 'cause I want to see what kind of difference it makes to my overall energy level when I don't drink anything. Will be nice to check in here every now and then for support when I'm feeling 'weak'!
    Cheers,
    dl
  • lefrance12
    Options
    bump
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    What a good thread! I try to make sure I add any drinks into my log for the day...but it's so sad doing that sometimes because I see the calorie level go up, and my hunger still there. Or...then the added bad foods that follow the alcohol. Aghh...so annoying :)