for heavens sake, I STILL EAT BREAD AND LOSE WEIGHT!

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Girl, I eat bread, ice cream, chocolate, pizza...whatever I'm feeling. I'm still losing pounds and inches like crazy. If you eat in a deficit, you will lose weight. Period.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Girl, I eat bread, ice cream, chocolate, pizza...whatever I'm feeling. I'm still losing pounds and inches like crazy. If you eat in a deficit, you will lose weight. Period.
    Thats great for you! Congrats on the loss! Doesn't quite work that way for everyone, at all ages, sadly.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs eating lots of carbs but then stalled for 6 months, dropped my carbs to 100-150g per day and 150g protein and its falling off. Also feel better in myself! X
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I never said Serbia. But I live in zagreb part time and US part time. I have my family there. They all seem to get it. And the ones who don't are the ones with the weight problems. Go figure.
    My family is there too. You didn't explain in which aspects of their diet you see this increase in bread consumption? (Im not pushing, Im just curious.)
    Btw, this is total speculation but might have some impact: westernization of lyfestile has probably gone much further in Zagreb than in rural Serbia :).
    This doesn'change the fact that average Serbian is traditionally consuming large quantities of bread and pastry without the obesity problem.

Aineko, I agree with all your points raised.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I was talking about genetic modifications that have been made to produce higher yield.

Here is some information about the history of wheat consumption and the effects it might have on many people:http://www.beyondveg.com/cordain-l/grains-leg/grains-legumes-1a.shtml

Here is an article on the components of modern wheat that may be contributing to the obesity epidemic (i'm not saying wheat is the sole cause, but it may be playing a role): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/wheat-gluten_b_1274872.html
    Ok, so you are talking GM. As far as I know (I might be wrong, didn't look up the laws myself, but the source seemed reliable) GM crops are banned in Serbia (with some recent attempts by manufacturers to get them introduced). So I wouldn't say that's the case.

I'm happy to learn GM crops are banned in Serbia if that is the case,
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I eat at least two slices of whole grain bread a day, and sometimes up to two cups of whole grain spaghettii. Always with chicken or fish, and always with a green of some sort.

I lost my last 15 lbs, which are the hardest to lose this way with carbs.

God Bless you guys that can live wihout them. My BF is a bodybuilder who eats chicken and broccoli for 6-8 weeks at a time when he is training and I will friggin leave him if he does not learn to be a psycho.

Everything in Moderation.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I lost 50lbs eating lots of carbs but then stalled for 6 months, dropped my carbs to 100-150g per day and 150g protein and its falling off. Also feel better in myself! X

That is a moderate amount of carbs which is a good amount for weight loss even just maintaining. I consider low carb below 100.
    It must be fantastic to lose again after such a long plateau.
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm happy to learn GM crops are banned in Serbia if that is the case,
    yeah, just did a search on Serbian news and no GMO food is allowed in Serbia. there was some affair in 2004 with someone smuggling some amount of GM soy seeds but the crops were destroyed. They still suspect some very small percentage of soy crops grown from GM seeds, apparently smuggled from Bosnia... lol the Balkans :ohwell:
  • aliciaboyce313
    Options
    I really lost weight not eating bread from 190 to 149 now just reintroducing bread but multi grain hope it works for me
    :heart:
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This is a very timely post for me to read! I have lost weight, by still eating the foods I like, but not eating as much. I have probably gained back a few pounds, but mostly because I haven't been as diligent, and just in the last few weeks hearing all the no carb hype was making me second guess my success! I don't think it's good to totally cut out something from your diet, Unless it's mushrooms. Yuck.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Its really really simple people.
    Some people's bodies react to sugar differently than yours.
    Their cells are not as receptive or sensitive to insulin as yours are.
    That's it in a nutshell.
    So some people do not have to limit carbs in order to lose weight.
    Yay for them!
    Others can only loose weight by limiting carbs.
    Is this soooo difficult to understand?
  • anushkadey
    anushkadey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here..I love bread and can't imagine excluding it from my diet..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on YOUR journey.