"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Thursday!!

Football practice: 1.5 hours. Lineman work.

Food: not the best eating week for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! One client then and strength class. Hitting the mall today.

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Mexican food last night.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Weekend!

Saturday: our game was cancelled due to forfeit by other team. Instead, held practice for 2 hours.

Food: okay.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! One client this morning, one this evening then TKO. Start a new session for TKO this week!

Cardio: stepmill- level 6- 13min (400 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 8x8

Assessment: Pretty good weekend. Could have done better though.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! One client this morning and 2 tonight.

Cardio: Jog/run- 3 miles (400 calories), 100 burpees (oh ****)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 8x8

Assessment: Had to get back to normal eating after the weekend bomb.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! One client this morning and 2 tonight.

Cardio: Jog/run- 3 miles (400 calories), 100 burpees (oh ****)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 8x8

Assessment: Had to get back to normal eating after the weekend bomb.

100 burpees?!?!?! You the man!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!

Football practice: defensive end work

Food: a good day. Feel like I'm getting back on track.
  • Harrysmommy
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I would like to join in on your thread if that's ok? I have 50 lbs to lose, and am currently following the South Beach diet. I'm on week 3. This is going to be a long journey for me, but m ready. I've also been taking Zumba classes at my gym (man what a workout!)

I will update later with my food / drink / exercise stats...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I would like to join in on your thread if that's ok? I have 50 lbs to lose, and am currently following the South Beach diet. I'm on week 3. This is going to be a long journey for me, but m ready. I've also been taking Zumba classes at my gym (man what a workout!)

Welcome!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 1 client this morning and strength class then TKO tonight. Cooler weather today makes it easier to run!

Cardio: Jog/walk- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8

Assessment: Great day yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Welcome!!! Everyone is welcome to join in. Niner and I are simply the longest posting folks in this thread. It's another way to keep myself accountable for exercising and eating right.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

Cardio: Ran 6 miles. 63 minutes. 10.5min/mile pace.

Food: on target.
  • Harrysmommy
    Options
    Good morning!

Ok, so its been a whole month that I've been on the South Beach plan (no white flour of any kind, very limited sugars, not even fruits or alcohol, mostly just lean meats, low fat cheeses, limited nuts, veggies)...I've also been taking Zumba classes... I'm so frustrated because in the first 2 weeks this diet promises a weight loss of anywhere between 8-12 lbs. well, I've been doing well in following it, and I seem to be yo-yo'ing and now in a Month's time after all my hard work, I had another gain and I've lost a total of 1.2 lbs. I do feel better, however the point of this diet for me was to lose weight and to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides which are dangerously high...

I'm getting so frustrated, I'm about to give up. I feel that I've given this eating plan a fair shake too. I feel that a month is a fair amount of time to let something work. I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe this is just not a feasible plan for the long term, I have no idea. All I know is im sick and tired of being overweight and unhealthy! I'm really putting in the effort this time, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm just wondering if South Beach is a sustainable plan that works, or if I should switch to something more "livable", like weight watchers or something...

Any thoughts / advice is appreciated

Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good morning!

Ok, so its been a whole month that I've been on the South Beach plan (no white flour of any kind, very limited sugars, not even fruits or alcohol, mostly just lean meats, low fat cheeses, limited nuts, veggies)...I've also been taking Zumba classes... I'm so frustrated because in the first 2 weeks this diet promises a weight loss of anywhere between 8-12 lbs. well, I've been doing well in following it, and I seem to be yo-yo'ing and now in a Month's time after all my hard work, I had another gain and I've lost a total of 1.2 lbs. I do feel better, however the point of this diet for me was to lose weight and to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides which are dangerously high...

I'm getting so frustrated, I'm about to give up. I feel that I've given this eating plan a fair shake too. I feel that a month is a fair amount of time to let something work. I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe this is just not a feasible plan for the long term, I have no idea. All I know is im sick and tired of being overweight and unhealthy! I'm really putting in the effort this time, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm just wondering if South Beach is a sustainable plan that works, or if I should switch to something more "livable", like weight watchers or something...

Any thoughts / advice is appreciated

Thanks!
    Do you like the plan? If not, then chances are you won't stick to it for life. South Beach is a good plan, but some feel that their "favorites" get left out and add them in on their own.
    Shoot me your stats: height, weight and age and I'll take a look at some numbers.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! I'm conducting a fitness workshop in my gym this morning, then one client tonight then TKO.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 mi 400 calories

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8

Assessment: Made "real" peanut butter cups with a Hershey's Bar and Skippy peanut butter!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

Cardio: Ran 3.25 miles. Hard run (part of training...push pace on the short runs). iPod rebooted during run, so an estimate, but finished in 31-32 minutes. Average pace was about 10min/mile. First mile was 8'46", which is very fast for me.

Food: Bread...stomach is going to make me regret that later.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client then and strength class. Kicking it over at my FIL's today.

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Had IHOP last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday and Memorial Day! One client this morning, one this evening then TKO.

Cardio: jog/walk 3 mi (400 calories), 100 burpees

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 8x8

Assessment: Too much eating this weekend, but I did go see XMEN!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Weekend! Forgot to post on Sunday:

Football practice: out there for 3 hours, but there was a lot of standing around. Felt more like one good hour of work.

Food: still having trouble staying on track. Have to get focused!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Lol, you and be both! Keep it up!