Detox water!!

Options

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope my water is detoxed at the plant before it gets to me. I don't want no floaters in my agua!
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!
    Health Benefits of Lemon Water
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Boosts hydrochloric acid production
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Aids with gastric upsets such as heartburn and indigestion
    Purifies the blood
    Promotes healthy liver enzyme levels
    Promotes circulation in the liver
    Helps dissolve uric acid in the joints
    Acts as a natural solvent for calcium deposits, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and gallstones
    The vitamin C nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from the inside, bringing you a healthy glow

Energy Boost & Hydration
    Citric acid in lemon is highly electrically active, and pure water acts as a conductor to deliver electrolytes directly to your cells. It’s liken to a liquid sunshine burst that boosts cell energy and nourishes your adrenals for a clean energy output that sustains you throughout your day. This is why lemon water is so effective with helping people kick the coffee habit. Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just heard it would help reduce belly fat! It's something I am trying to include in my diet.

It wont reduce belly fat. However, I drink a ton of water and have started putting mint and lime in it just to switch things up, it tastes good and refreshing.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope my water is detoxed at the plant before it gets to me. I don't want no floaters in my agua!

your mandated chlorine residual means that your water almost certainly contains trihalomethanes which can cause cancers..

I suggest active carbon filtration at a minimum. I can sell you a whole house filter for 2K+...

(joke post)
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think that plain water is a good detox. You could add something for flavor but I don't think it would be better than water.
  • billbrendan
    Options
    [...]
    Promotes an alkaline pH

How on earth are you increasing stomach acid production while simultaneously increasing pH levels? Also the blood purification bit.. seriously??
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

Wait, so coffee is a magic weight loss agent too now? Because, I don't know about you, but my energy reserves are glycogen and fat. How many calories worth of fat does one cup burn through?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

your mandated chlorine residual means that your water almost certainly contains trihalomethanes which can cause cancers..

I suggest active carbon filtration at a minimum. I can sell you a whole house filter for 2K+...

(joke post)

Stahhhhp it with all your brainz
  • richardheath
    Options
    [...]
    Promotes an alkaline pH

How on earth are you increasing stomach acid production while simultaneously increasing pH levels? Also the blood purification bit.. seriously??

The claim (from the woo-mongers) is that lemon magically raises the pH of BLOOD, not the stomach. Although how a small amount of lemon juice is going to affect the pH of my carbonate-buffered blood is beyond me. In fact, it would be very worrying if true, as I like my blood to be at the correct pH (hence why we have the buffering system in the first place).
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Purifies the blood
    Acts as a natural solvent for calcium deposits, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and gallstones
    The vitamin C nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from the inside, bringing you a healthy glow

Energy Boost & Hydration
    Citric acid in lemon is highly electrically active, and pure water acts as a conductor to deliver electrolytes directly to your cells. It’s liken to a liquid sunshine burst that boosts cell energy and nourishes your adrenals for a clean energy output that sustains you throughout your day. This is why lemon water is so effective with helping people kick the coffee habit. Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

WHOA

someone drank the kool-aid
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been consuming water with lemon, mint and ginger or anything similar? Or anyone tried cinnamon tea?
    is it making any difference?

Was the person telling you about detox water overweight?-- because I usually find its the fat ones who swear by it. I have yet to have a person who has sucessfully lost weight and kept it off try and convince me to try this gimick.

If anything these types of drinks will increase your water intake and that has a positive impact on your weightloss goals. Its not the detoxifying ingredients like lemon, mint, ginger or cinnamon. They won't do anything for you though if you arent also at a caloric deficit. Go ahead and add them, they wont harm you but dont expect them to act like magic weightloss beans.
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water, orange water. etc. I drink it to hydrate as I do with plain old water. I use it because I only drink water, coffee, and tea,(for the most part), so it just adds a little flavor. It's not some kind of magic potion that will benefit you in any real way...adds a little vitamin C to water but nothing significant.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    . Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

Oh GAWD. As if dirty food isn't enough, now we have dirty energy!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Purifies the blood

Energy Boost & Hydration

Quoting stupid and incorrect statements and agreeing with them makes you just as bad as the person who copy/pasted it.
  • richardheath
    Options
    I just heard it would help reduce belly fat! It's something I am trying to include in my diet.

Belly fat is caused by fat, which is caused by eating at a calorie surplus, not toxins. So even if you could detox with lemon or mint or ginger (you can't) it would do nothing for the fat.

To lose belly fat, eat less and move more.

Drink [lemon/ginger/mint/cinnamon/whatever] water if it tastes good to you. Staying hydrated (from the water) is good for overall health.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    eat fewer calories than are required for you to maintain your current weight and rock your nutrition...that's all there is too it...there are no magic potions...there are no magic pills...time of day doesn't matter...how many times per day you eat doesn't matter...green tea and cinnamon in your water doesn't matter.

All that matters is that you are eating fewer calories than are required for you to maintain your weight...and I personally put a premium on nutrition as well. It really is that simple...there is no need to complicate what is not at all complicated.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Purifies the blood

Energy Boost & Hydration
    How exactly does a HIGHLY acidic food (lemons have a pH of 2.5) promote an alkaline pH?