Detox water!!

Options

Replies

• QueenMaryam04
    QueenMaryam04 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water Every Morning 27 December 2012 by Annabel Grey in Featured Food & Drink - 27 Comments Glass with lemon and yellow straw There are so many expensive and complicated cleansing plans on the market that it’s sometimes hard to summon the willpower (and the money!) to start one. But what if I told you that the key to a really effective cleansing drink is already sitting in your fridge? In today’s post I’ll explain how lemon water can improve your digestive system, help your liver to remove toxins from your body, and provide a host of other benefits too. I’ll also let you know how to make lemon water, the best time of day to drink it, and why you should drink it through a straw to protect your teeth! 1. A stronger digestive system Lemon water helps your digestive system by breaking down foods and stimulating digestive enzymes. A study in the Medical Journal of Digestive Diseases found that lemon juice improved digestion in patients suffering from hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid). It also promotes peristalsis, the process by which your intestines push waste out of your body. 2. A healthier liver Lemon water opens up and cleanses the bile ducts in your liver. Bile is important because it breaks down fats that might otherwise be stored in your liver. A healthy liver helps to both metabolize fat and transport excess fats out of your body. 3. A rich source of nutrients Lemon juice contains important minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium, as well as lots of vitamin C to support your immune system. It also contains riboflavin (excellent for tissue repair) and lots of vitamin B to give you energy. You might even find that you can give up your morning coffee. 4. Support for your immune system The vitamin C in your lemon water is not there just to improve your complexion. Studies have shown that vitamin C boosts your immune system and helps you to recover from viruses. Specifically, it enhances the activity of your white blood cells and reduces the inflammatory response to illness. This drink is perfect for flu season and might just keep you healthy! 5. Weight loss Lemon juice stimulates your digestive system and allows you to process food more quickly (an inefficient digestive system is one reason why many people struggle to lose weight). Lemon juice also has a really low sugar content, even though it is a fruit, so it definitely won’t derail your diet. And it actually contains a substance called D-limonene that may regulate your blood sugar and reduce your systolic blood pressure too! Making your lemon water Lemon juice is best consumed with water. Many natural health practitioners claim that you should use warm water as this puts less stress on the body. However, the temperature of the water will change so fast once it’s inside you that it probably does not make a difference. The jury is still out, but if you like your lemon juice with cold water, go for it! Making your lemon water couldn’t be easier. Just squeeze half a lemon into your glass of water and drink. You can use that other half of the lemon the next day. This cleansing tip is not only healthy, it’s really cheap too. For a little variety you can try adding some ginger or cayenne, two spices that also support a healthy digestive system. Ginger prevents gas and bloating, while cayenne stimulates your digestive enzymes. To add ginger to your drink, pour boiling water over some chopped ginger and leave for 5 minutes, then add the lemon water and discard the ginger when it has cooled. Adding cayenne is as simple as mixing in a pinch (or two, depending on how spicy you like it!). Do you have to drink it in the morning? Most people drink their lemon water in the morning, and there’s a very good reason for that. It stimulates your digestive system ahead of your first meal of the day, and it prepares your liver and kidney for the challenges ahead. Another point to bear in mind is that the citric acid in lemon juice can be corrosive to your teeth. By drinking your lemon juice first thing in the morning, about 30 minutes before you brush your teeth, you are limiting the amount of time that the lemon juice will be in contact with the enamel. Another useful tip? Drink it with a straw and the lemon juice may not even touch your teeth at all. If you forget to drink your lemon water in the morning. don’t worry. It still has tremendous health benefits no matter what time of day you drink it. And if you find yourself eating out for lunch or dinner, you can order some lemon water with your meal.
  • QueenMaryam04
    Options
    The healing of Natural foods....Ginger :Zingiber officinale Ginger is known as a herbal remedy for DIGESTIVE disorders. It is known to settle the DIGESTIVE system and PROMOTE gastric secretion of BILE, it STIMULATES the gastro-intestinal tract and AIDS digestion. It is also used in the case of FEVER, as it PROMOTES perspiration, it also SOOTHES a SORE THROAT so can be a helpful remedy in COLDS and FLU. Applied externally GINGER can treat SORE OVERWORKED MUSCLES, CRAMP and poor CIRCULATION. And GINGER is an excellent remedy for MORNING SICKNESS and TRAVEL SICKNESS
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    My detox water comes from the tap. Of course, I have to detox it before I drink it.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My husband (a bodybuilder) was telling me about the science behind lemon water and bodybuidling after I mentioned this subject. He referred me to this really easy-to-understand post. http://www.benpakulski.com/?s=lemon+water

Ben is super respected in the lifting world and I thought I would share. Obviously does not list a plethora of benefits, and he mentions other good tips and tricks, but there is one pretty awesome one that lemons have, it appears.

As a lifter, I thought this might be interesting to those who lift...but is not about detoxing in the slightest! :)
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water Every Morning 27 December 2012 by Annabel Grey in Featured Food & Drink - 27 Comments Glass with lemon and yellow straw There are so many expensive and complicated cleansing plans on the...

How the **** do you expect anyone to be able to read that wall of text? It's not even formatted.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've been consuming glasses of water at my desk from the water cooler. I was super thirsty this week because I had lots of salty potato chips and sushi. It has made a big difference in my level of thirst.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I don't take anything on the forums personally. No worries there. I'm good with learning new things. I will say this: Check out Ben Pakulski's stuff...

The efficacy of HGH and steroids is @#%@#% amazing, I'll tell you what.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Lemon Water Every Morning 27 December 2012 by Annabel Grey in Featured Food & Drink - 27 Comments Glass with lemon and yellow straw There are so many expensive and complicated cleansing plans on the market that it’s sometimes hard to summon the willpower (and the money!) to start one. But what if I told you that the key to a really effective cleansing drink is already sitting in your fridge? In today’s post I’ll explain how lemon water can improve your digestive system, help your liver to remove toxins from your body, and provide a host of other benefits too. I’ll also let you know how to make lemon water, the best time of day to drink it, and why you should drink it through a straw to protect your teeth! 1. A stronger digestive system Lemon water helps your digestive system by breaking down foods and stimulating digestive enzymes. A study in the Medical Journal of Digestive Diseases found that lemon juice improved digestion in patients suffering from hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid). It also promotes peristalsis, the process by which your intestines push waste out of your body. 2. A healthier liver Lemon water opens up and cleanses the bile ducts in your liver. Bile is important because it breaks down fats that might otherwise be stored in your liver. A healthy liver helps to both metabolize fat and transport excess fats out of your body. 3. A rich source of nutrients Lemon juice contains important minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium, as well as lots of vitamin C to support your immune system. It also contains riboflavin (excellent for tissue repair) and lots of vitamin B to give you energy. You might even find that you can give up your morning coffee. 4. Support for your immune system The vitamin C in your lemon water is not there just to improve your complexion. Studies have shown that vitamin C boosts your immune system and helps you to recover from viruses. Specifically, it enhances the activity of your white blood cells and reduces the inflammatory response to illness. This drink is perfect for flu season and might just keep you healthy! 5. Weight loss Lemon juice stimulates your digestive system and allows you to process food more quickly (an inefficient digestive system is one reason why many people struggle to lose weight). Lemon juice also has a really low sugar content, even though it is a fruit, so it definitely won’t derail your diet. And it actually contains a substance called D-limonene that may regulate your blood sugar and reduce your systolic blood pressure too! Making your lemon water Lemon juice is best consumed with water. Many natural health practitioners claim that you should use warm water as this puts less stress on the body. However, the temperature of the water will change so fast once it’s inside you that it probably does not make a difference. The jury is still out, but if you like your lemon juice with cold water, go for it! Making your lemon water couldn’t be easier. Just squeeze half a lemon into your glass of water and drink. You can use that other half of the lemon the next day. This cleansing tip is not only healthy, it’s really cheap too. For a little variety you can try adding some ginger or cayenne, two spices that also support a healthy digestive system. Ginger prevents gas and bloating, while cayenne stimulates your digestive enzymes. To add ginger to your drink, pour boiling water over some chopped ginger and leave for 5 minutes, then add the lemon water and discard the ginger when it has cooled. Adding cayenne is as simple as mixing in a pinch (or two, depending on how spicy you like it!). Do you have to drink it in the morning? Most people drink their lemon water in the morning, and there’s a very good reason for that. It stimulates your digestive system ahead of your first meal of the day, and it prepares your liver and kidney for the challenges ahead. Another point to bear in mind is that the citric acid in lemon juice can be corrosive to your teeth. By drinking your lemon juice first thing in the morning, about 30 minutes before you brush your teeth, you are limiting the amount of time that the lemon juice will be in contact with the enamel. Another useful tip? Drink it with a straw and the lemon juice may not even touch your teeth at all. If you forget to drink your lemon water in the morning. don’t worry. It still has tremendous health benefits no matter what time of day you drink it. And if you find yourself eating out for lunch or dinner, you can order some lemon water with your meal.

NO. Lemons are not magical.
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just heard it would help reduce belly fat! It's something I am trying to include in my diet.
    No. Caloric deficit reduces belly fat.

Thanks MrM27
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    My husband (a bodybuilder) was telling me about the science behind lemon water and bodybuidling after I mentioned this subject. He referred me to this really easy-to-understand post. http://www.benpakulski.com/?s=lemon+water

Ben is super respected in the lifting world and I thought I would share. Obviously does not list a plethora of benefits, and he mentions other good tips and tricks, but there is one pretty awesome one that lemons have, it appears.

As a lifter, I thought this might be interesting to those who lift...but is not about detoxing in the slightest! :)

Not a single reference to anything proven.

depositphotos_9003722-Baby-taken-closeup-with-sad-face.jpg
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I thought when life handed me lemons I was supposed to make lemonade.

Now I am going to call it "Detox Lemonade" and sell it for a million bucks. Maybe I'll get to be on the Dr. Oz show!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I drink a 64 oz pitcher of lemonade every day. I've never been able to drink that much water, but making my own lemonade (just bottled lemon concentrate and Stevia) and I'm able to drink that much.

I don't know about "detox" properties. but I find that previously I ate, when what I really was was dehydrated.
  • FireOpalCO
    Options

Unfortunately being a body builder or even a personal trainer does not mean the person is knowledgeable about the operation of the human body and can't fall prey to misconceptions and misinterpretations of studies. When it comes to how the human body works we need to listen to researchers (in those fields, obviously a geologist will be of no help) and medical doctors. When it comes to a problem with your kidneys, who are you going to listen to, a personal trainer or a board certified internist?

Your body does not need help maintaining pH balance. It does just fine all on its own, especially if you are eating a balanced diet. The only concerns about acid in sodas is really about your teeth. They get the full hit.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Purifies the blood

Oh good...can't have a proper sacrifice without the blood of the pure.

:laugh:

The Elizabeth Bathory diet.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

post-13204-1384217489.gif

also

ummm-no.gif
  • QueenMaryam04
    Options

NO. Lemons are not magical.
    But they are natural healers
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been consuming water with lemon, mint and ginger or anything similar? Or anyone tried cinnamon tea?
    is it making any difference?

I like the way water with lemon tastes. that's it.
    Yup, me too.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    FireOpal - For what it's worth Ben holds an Honors Kinesiology Degree, Ecomonics Minor. Also, probably a few years as a professional under his belt. He may not be a PhD but he uses science. But you know that because you've read all about him.

Unfortunately being a body builder or even a personal trainer does not mean the person is knowledgeable about the operation of the human body and can't fall prey to misconceptions and misinterpretations of studies. When it comes to how the human body works we need to listen to researchers (in those fields, obviously a geologist will be of no help) and medical doctors. When it comes to a problem with your kidneys, who are you going to listen to, a personal trainer or a board certified internist?

Your body does not need help maintaining pH balance. It does just fine all on its own, especially if you are eating a balanced diet. The only concerns about acid in sodas is really about your teeth. They get the full hit.
  • FireOpalCO
    Options
    FireOpal - For what it's worth Ben holds an Honors Kinesiology Degree, Ecomonics Minor. Also, probably a few years as a professional under his belt. He may not be a PhD but he uses science. But you know that because you've read all about him.

Kinesiology is the study of movement. There are probably some nutrition and biology courses included in the degree program, but is definitely focused on the human body as a mechanical system and will not equip someone as an expert in all aspects of the human body. If he was talking about healing from a sports injury, sure he's probably got a deep understanding. About how the bloodstream and the internal organs and cellular level behavior regulate our blood? I'm going to go with doctors.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I drink one glass of water in the morning with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. This is great for blood pressure. The rest of the time I add lemon to my water. I can't say that the lemon itself has has helped me lose weight, but lemon enhances the flavor and I do drink more water as a result. Drinking more water HAS helped me lose weight so whatever makes you drink more water, is a good thing.

Um, no.
    Also, in for dirty energy and pure blood.

Some quick google-fu shows two studies finding a correlation between vinegar and blood pressure in rats, but the respectable websites are cautioning that a causation has NOT been established and it has NOT been repeated in humans. Quite a few of the sites insisting on its curative powers are also demanding "raw organic apple cider vinegar" with lots of buzzwords like "miracle food". These are not sites devoted to scientific rigor and critical thinking.

I love the specificity here. It has to be apple cider vinegar, normal vinegar won't do it but if you add a little bit of apple flavor then insta-low blood pressure.