using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Why does it even matter what photo someone uses as their profile pic? Who cares?

apparently quite a few people do.

especially if you change your pic to a close up of boobs and butt... then it REALLY gets heated in here.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This is not a social networking site, it's a wellness site, and people forget that every individual has to look at their own profile image when they are on MFP. So for some who may be getting in shape for their kids, looking at their kids every time they log in is a motivator. My images are up for me, not for you. Every once in a while I throw one up there so my MFP friends get a little peek into my life and not just my diet but for the most part, that picture on there is my motivation, not my display of myself for your benefit.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My pic is not myself, nor is it my pet or my child, but it sure motivates the hell out of me. :D
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Who cares?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don’t give a crap about profile pictures…I change mine as my mood strikes me. Sometimes it’s a picture of me; sometimes it’s whatever is on my mind at that moment (like Frank Zappa in this case).

This.
    I sometimes used pictures of my dog, random stock pictures. The current picture is actually me, but I'll change it on a whim.

Sometimes I use my husband's picture or pic of his body instead. That's been interesting. Then I have young women sending me friend requests. :laugh:
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I still think it's weird as hell how many people actually use photos of themselves. That is not at all something people did when I was Learning The Internets. (I understand that this is a fitness site and people therefore want to show their progress, but it's still weird to me. Hell, my FB profile picture isn't even a picture of me, it's a diagram of bloodflow through an amphibian heart (AKA magic).)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Is it creepy if I use someone else's children as my profile pic?

It's creepy if someone else's kid used your pics for your profile pic.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it from time to time if I have a cute one. Don't keep them up long.

I like myself enough I'm happy to show my face or body.

Questioning this isn't so much douchey. Maybe the delivery was. :)
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Pst... OP, I'm not really Doctor Evil... Sorry if I have irritated you or anyone else. At least he's not my kid. /shrug

Guess asking for your autograph is out... hey?

:sad:

eta... i feel so... deceived

I'll put crayon to paper for you. I'll even make it personal. Just promise you won't try to sell it.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem of using them. What's it to you. They're cute. I'm not. Plus I wish to remain anonymous. I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    This is not a social networking site, it's a wellness site, and people forget that every individual has to look at their own profile image when they are on MFP. So for some who may be getting in shape for their kids, looking at their kids every time they log in is a motivator. My images are up for me, not for you. Every once in a while I throw one up there so my MFP friends get a little peek into my life and not just my diet but for the most part, that picture on there is my motivation, not my display of myself for your benefit.

This!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It ticks me off. Also when they dont have an open profile full of suggestive pics.

Why u increese mah *kitten* time?!
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Is it creepy if I use someone else's children as my profile pic?

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    Why does it even matter what photo someone uses as their profile pic? Who cares?

This
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    LOL, it's an avatar, dude. There's no "requirements" for what it has to be, so it's whatever anyone wants it to be.

I personally think it's pretty stupid, putting a photo of your kid out there where any pervert, pedo, or photo-grabber can see it and do what they will with it, but then, if I had kids, I'd be crazy protective when it comes to publicity and what amount of internet-exposure they get. But that's just me. Me, with knowledge of statistics, and a background in law enforcement. Not everyone is as aware of consequences I guess. :shrug:

That said, bring on the pets. That's adorable. Or places. Or cartoons. If you're not prepared to put yourself out there yet, or are likewise concerned with security and anonymity, that's totally understandable.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 7 and i can honestly say i have never done this - i have used my dog on like my google profile, because i do nothing important with it , oh and the way she sits in my picture, the little chat arrow comes right out of her mouth , and it makes me smile...
    i would rather see a pic of a child than some wierd actor/band/artwork/scenery..
    while nature speaks to me , not quite in that way...
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    I still think it's weird as hell how many people actually use photos of themselves. That is not at all something people did when I was Learning The Internets. (I understand that this is a fitness site and people therefore want to show their progress, but it's still weird to me. Hell, my FB profile picture isn't even a picture of me, it's a diagram of bloodflow through an amphibian heart (AKA magic).)

Bloodflow through an amphibian heart! COOLNESS!
    My profile pics are often Panda's. Because reasons.
  • WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    My profile pic is a pic of a random baby. I actually have no freaking idea who is baby is.
  • qgrosa
    qgrosa Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes, you are a douchbag. To each their own. Get over it. I'm proud of my support from my grand kids. They are a part of me getting healthy. And, yes, its about me. Have a nice day.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem