Being hit on/flirted with?

Options

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it as long as the guy doesn't become creepy/obsessive.
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well it would be nice for a women to hit on me or flirt with me.It would be nice since it has never happened to me before.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it as long as the guy doesn't become creepy/obsessive.

this!

+1
  • krisjackson31105
    Options
    What is your definition as creepy.A ugly guy lol.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    it gets wierd when you get pm's asking if you would sell your gym clothes to them perferable unwashed...shudders..

otherwise its all fun and games till someone loses an eye...
  • DOM4U
    DOM4U Posts: 239
    Options
    I don't mind it as long as it's not rude or crude. I haven't felt pretty in quite some time so having someone flirt isn't the WORST thing that could happen. ;)

PM coming pretty lady!
  • chellebelle418
    Options
    i think if you put on your info that you are married or taken, nix the pm unless that person maybe posts n a thread and you think it an invite and can play on it.....some people are open to that. a hi i think you are very attractive, nice eyes, abs whatever, but to be p*ssed because that person doesnt reply back like you think they should....just silly.

im a flirty person, i call everyone hun, sugar, babe....i talk to anyone.....just my nature. doesnt mean i want whats in your pants.....gets mistaken alot and you learn how to deal with it.

everyone loves compliments, nothing wrong with that... :)
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    It really depend on how you go about it, I actually have two perfect examples from today

The distasteful way: I was walking down the street and this guy walks up beside me, easily more than twice my age, staring at my chest and says in the sleaziest voice, "you look like you want me to buy you a drink." At 2 o'clock? on a Wednesday? Nope! to which I reply, "No thank you" and he followed up by yelling "b***h!" as I walked away. Yeah, that sucks.

The tasteful way: However, later on, I was on the bus on the way home, and a man walked up to me, smiled politely and said, "Hello, I'm really sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to say, I think you're incredibly beautiful." to which I replied, "Oh, that's very sweet, thank you." and when he followed up by asking if I'd like to grab a cup of coffee I politely told him I had a boyfriend, and therefore wasn't interested. To which he replied, "Oh, lucky guy" smiled again and left me alone. This is a perfectly acceptable way to speak to me.

Men, feel free to politely approach women in public, yes some girls are annoying and will call you a creep for pretty much no reason, but if you're polite and respectful, even if we're not interested, we shouldn't be rude to you in response. And creep-mic-creepers out there that ask if "I've got a name to go along with my 'bootie'" y'all suck -_-
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Wow there are some uptight people on this thread. Come on it's just online banter/fun. If you're not a fan of flirty PM's then don't go on the forums period! :indifferent:

+1

Also if any women on here feel the need to send innocent but flirtatious messages my way, or even mildly creepy ones, I'm ok with that.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    ^ LOL
  • bd0027
    Options
    What is your definition as creepy.A ugly guy lol.

I label a guy creepy if he asks for my number repeatedly even after I say no, stalks me on Facebook, randomly shows up to my workplace just to see me, and refuses to take "no" for an answer when I say I'm not looking for a boyfriend and I don't want to go on any dates with him.

He could be Patrick Dempsey and still get labeled a creep if he did any of those things.
  • krisjackson31105
    Options
    I never flirted or hit on a women in my life and I just turned 33 last Friday.I just figure since I am fat and in my mind ugly that they would think it would be weird or creepy but I am also really shy as well so I live in my head and talk myself out of it.It takes courage to go up to a women.Women for some reason don't do it but they have the pick of the litter as we men just wait in line.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    It really depend on how you go about it, I actually have two perfect examples from today

The distasteful way: I was walking down the street and this guy walks up beside me, easily more than twice my age, staring at my chest and says in the sleaziest voice, "you look like you want me to buy you a drink." At 2 o'clock? on a Wednesday? Nope! to which I reply, "No thank you" and he followed up by yelling "b***h!" as I walked away. Yeah, that sucks.

The tasteful way: However, later on, I was on the bus on the way home, and a man walked up to me, smiled politely and said, "Hello, I'm really sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to say, I think you're incredibly beautiful." to which I replied, "Oh, that's very sweet, thank you." and when he followed up by asking if I'd like to grab a cup of coffee I politely told him I had a boyfriend, and therefore wasn't interested. To which he replied, "Oh, lucky guy" smiled again and left me alone. This is a perfectly acceptable way to speak to me.

Men, feel free to politely approach women in public, yes some girls are annoying and will call you a creep for pretty much no reason, but if you're polite and respectful, even if we're not interested, we shouldn't be rude to you in response. And creep-mic-creepers out there that ask if "I've got a name to go along with my 'bootie'" y'all suck -_-

I'm gonna play devils advocate a bit. Doesn't the same apply to females as well?
  • bd0027
    Options
    I never flirted or hit on a women in my life and I just turned 33 last Friday.I just figure since I am fat and in my mind ugly that they would think it would be weird or creepy but I am also really shy as well so I live in my head and talk myself out of it.It takes courage to go up to a women.Women for some reason don't do it but they have the pick of the litter as we men just wait in line.

Just gotta get out there and try. I've asked men out and gotten rejected before. It stings but it's exhilarating at the same time. Just have more confidence in yourself. Women like confidence, buddy.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I'm gonna play devils advocate a bit. Doesn't the same apply to females as well?

Um, in my personal experience there is a more varied response but I'm gonna blame that on society still be very heteronormative. Sometime, even if I flirt with a girl in a perfectly polite way, she way be offended by her perceived insult of me thinking(hoping?) she might be into women. But maybe it's different if flirting stays solely within someone's sexual orientation
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've thought of myself as overweight and unattractive for so long, I find it unbelievable that I get checked out or flirted with. Especially with my marriage coming to an end and a husband that hardly ever made me feel beautiful or sexy.
  • Bill_Me_Later
    Options
    I am a flirty guy and enjoy it in return but agree that timing and tact are important. Just because I compliment a profile pic doesn't mean I'm trying to be a creep!
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Michelle, you are beautiful. Believe that!!! :)
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i think in person i kinda have a wall up (not on purpose really but its true) but it does happen sometimes. as long as they are not rude about it then i find it very flattering!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    when they are around my parents age it makes me feel really uncomfortable and I do indeed hate it
    I think it's worse when they're around your kid's age... just sayin... :sick:

hehehe....UR Purdy.......
    So are you. :laugh: