• iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Love it as long as its not too dirty!

36530-ryan-stiles-love-it-gif-dg7r.gif
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've thought of myself as overweight and unattractive for so long, I find it unbelievable that I get checked out or flirted with. Especially with my marriage coming to an end and a husband that hardly ever made me feel beautiful or sexy.

Your husband must be blind if he doesn't see what I see
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy it. Helps boost my ego a bit. Plus when you are a mom it is nice to know you still got it!
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it! Depends if it's with someone I have been giving a little look at myself or if it's some drunk weirdo that does it untastefully.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    It very rarely happens and when it does it never fails that it's some guy who is as old or older than my dad. Which is weird because people never believe I'm as old as I am so why do I attract the old creepy guys?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you hate it the solution is easy. Take down your pic.

I have lots of posts and lots of FL friends and I dont' get flirted with hardly.

It's not really a problem for me b/c I change avatars enough people know none of them are me.

IRL I dont get flirted with that much anymore b/c all the places I frequent are flirt free zones. On the off chance I go pick up take out or something sometimes a man will flirt but I don't feel bad about it, it's short lived and they have no way of knowing right away that I'm not available so it's not like they are being a jerk about it. It's still always flattering b/c nobody does it in a harsh way just friendly obvious checking out and chit chat so no worries. It's not like they are expecting to throw down in the Coldstone parking lot just b/c we both happen to be there.

But, yeah if you "hate it" my advice is take down your pic and put whatever motivates you or makes YOU feel happy when you see it.
  • dazkeirle
    dazkeirle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Difficult on here as any conversation between sexes can be interpreted as flirting.

I'm less likely to congratulate a guy on a workout or be kind about a days diet to a guy as it seems kind of gay, and that's kind of the point of the statuses here so that's what guys do to girls I suppose.

Realistically the girls tend to put up such obscure MySpace angle pics showing them in their absolute best that chances are in real life most guys wouldn't even consider flirting, and so I'd take it as a compliment and a bit of role play if they do, chances are in real life the story would be different.

There are a number of people I've seen clearly bating for creeping and then moaning about it. Assume it's a confidence thing.

I obviously don't get hit on so it's no issue for me, and I don't hit on girls as I have a life, a wife, and this is the Internet where you assume nothing is as it seems.
  • Hardnfast
    Hardnfast Posts: 463
    Options
    I admit I've flirted on here and been flirted back, married and single. All in good fun, teasing, joking, stoking each others fire and everybody feels good. Ive never offended or been offended, respect has always been shown both ways.
    In reality the chance of ever meeting that person are ziltch so enjoy the banter.

Agree that nobody especially the ladies need to put up with creepy, rude messages and no means no. Block is your friend.

Just respect the other person and have fun.

Now where is my flirt ladies :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    I admit I've flirted on here and been flirted back, married and single. All in good fun, teasing, joking, stoking each others fire and everybody feels good. Ive never offended or been offended, respect has always been shown both ways.
    In reality the chance of ever meeting that person are ziltch so enjoy the banter.

Agree that nobody especially the ladies need to put up with creepy, rude messages and no means no. Block is your friend.

Just respect the other person and have fun.

Now where is my flirt ladies :wink: :flowerforyou:

nicely said! :drinker:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    IRL I'm usually okay with it unless the lady thinks groping=flirting or she has a stalker' vibe.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    its always nice to get hit on or flirted with, its a compliment and make you feel wanted.
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Who the hell is flirt and how many of them are there?
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    personally I like it at 40 makes me feeel good especially younger woman hitting on me, it makes me feel good and everybody likes to feel good and wanted
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    IRL I'm usually okay with it unless the lady thinks groping=flirting or she has a stalker' vibe.

We agreed that as long as I got therapy you wouldn't bring this up again :grumble:
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy it. However, I am married and freely state so on here, plus my husband is also actively involved on mfp so nothing is hidden from him and vise versa, so some flirting, most is fine but I can't stand it when someone clearly crosses that line knowing I am married and my husband can see these comments. And the average flirting isn't an issue, I know he gets flirted with and he knows that I do too... we realize that being attracted to other people and being attractive to others is inevitable. We definitely greet this with open arms, plus it's a good reminder that even though you're happily married you still got it. You don't lose your identity as just a wife/husband mother/father. You're still an individual and a damn sexy one at that.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can't post photos of myself thanks to a stalking ex, so I've never been on the receiving end of online flirting with a stranger. Funnily enough no one wants to flirt with my dog so I've had no messages telling me what lovely ears, or what a big wet nose I have!

In real life, I adore men checking me out, it makes me feel good. I rarely got approached before I was married as people called me an ice queen. In reality I've always been introverted and shy, not cold at all, it just takes me time to get to know people. The second the wedding ring hit my finger I got flirted with much more, it would seem that being married I am considered less likely to create a storm in a tea cup over a bit of harmless banter, especially by other married people. I actually enjoy a bit of silly flirting now and again, brightens up a dull day.

I find it really sad that there are men out there who don't feel comfortable or confident approaching women, regardless of whether the intention is romantic or not, for fear of unjustly being called a creep. Just as I feel really sad that there are people out there who won't back off when asked, nothing is more disrespectful than continuing to make someone feel bad when they have told you it does and asked you to stop.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    well put lovely77
  • Tiki1978
    Tiki1978 Posts: 364
    Options
    I love the confidence boost. It's usually truckers and sweaty landscaping guys tho.
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I personally enjoy it. However, I am married and freely state so on here, plus my husband is also actively involved on mfp so nothing is hidden from him and vise versa, so some flirting, most is fine but I can't stand it when someone clearly crosses that line knowing I am married and my husband can see these comments. And the average flirting isn't an issue, I know he gets flirted with and he knows that I do too... we realize that being attracted to other people and being attractive to others is inevitable. We definitely greet this with open arms, plus it's a good reminder that even though you're happily married you still got it. You don't lose your identity as just a wife/husband mother/father. You're still an individual and a damn sexy one at that.

WOW!! Love this!
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I honestly can never tell whether a woman is flirting with me or not. But yeah, I'd feel pretty good if a woman flirted with me, and yes, I can unashamedly admit that the hotter she is, the bigger the feel good factor.