Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    This morning a friend of mine called. She is very heavy and has been all of the years I have known her. She has many health issues. Yesterday a cardiologist told her that she had to lose weight. She called me to get the website I was using. I gave her L2T's advice about making an honest list of the things she would be willing to do and the things she could not do over the long haul. I hope I can continue to encourage her and help her. I'm really glad that L2T shared that strategy with us.
    Hope your day is super. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Im in to try this out.......will try to put in mileage walked, but more than likely will be putting in time walked until I can get decent pedometer (mine seems a bit off) I have been lzy with workout lately and not eating as well as I should, but Im not giving up- although I did have great workout Mon. Goals right now are to get in the 350s by July 4th (right now 363) and eventually get out of the 300 club for GOOD by Jan. 1st 2015 with ultimate goal being 250 by July 4th 2015.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed wish..... That I could continue to stand my ground in a nice way verses spouting off at the mouth.

You get better results stating your feelings on something without spouting off.
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I finished finals, packed up my things, and am finally starting off my summer with a few weeks at home. It's been a long tim! Up 6 pounds from when I weighed myself before finals, which is dissapointing. But, I'm doing well with exercise, and since I'm no longer only eating dining hall food, I know exactly how much I'm taking in. Hoping for a loss this week.

I missed this group a lot, and look forward to catching up!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Laura- Congrats on finishing finals and reaching summer break.

RobinE- You have moved up to the 12 mile club. Congratulations.

Queen- You can always learn how to state your feelings using I feel_______ when the happens. That way you can express yourself and the reasons for the feelings without getting angry. It is hard but doable.

Kaye- I love the comment your friend made, it made me smile. You will be a great support to the friend who needs to lose the weight. The advice you gave was right on, you will be a wonderful mentor.

Aquabear-Welcome. Jump right in and join us. We are currently in the middle of a miles challenge for May. We are all completing a virtual race event, where we set our own distances for the month. Many of us are tracking exercise miles either from machines, fitbits or pedometers. Some are using a set amount of time to equal 1 mile for example 30 minutes=1 mile. You are welcome to join the challenge, just post your goal miles and the number of miles you do each day.

Wish-I wish the school year was over. I am so ready to be done. The other wish is that my 7th grade class comes in quietly for the rest of the week. They surprised me today by walking into my room quietly, I really did not hear them. Well, except for the whispers of them reminding each other to be quiet.

I did sign up for a summer class today and the initial orientation session was tonight. So that put me behind in getting to the gym but I did go. Walked for a while then rode the spin bike and did a few drills on the bike. 7 miles completed before I decided to head home.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm so behind, but back!!! I did want to post a quick post a friend shared. This was definitely meant for me.

"When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, and you feel like the biggest failure in town. When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forgot all about being healthy and thin. So what! You went over your allowance a bit. It's your next move that counts... SO DON'T YOU QUIT! It's a moment of truth, it's attitude and change. It's learning the skills to get back in your range. It's telling yourself you've done great up until now, you can take on this challenge and beat it somehow. It's part of your journey towards reaching your goal. You're still gonna make it, just stay in control. To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, if you summon the will to get back in the race. But often the strugglers, when losing their grip, just throw in the towel and continue to slip... DON'T YOU QUIT!" ~ Author unknown
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Susan- Good to see you back. Love the quote from your friend! Sound advice....AND it rhymes! Awesome.

Laurie- Home stretch! School year is almost done!

Rain- Great job getting through finals! Didn't you say you'd gained like 10 or 15 lbs during finals in the past? If so, a 6 lb gain is a victory. Anyway, it sounds like you'll be having an easier time now that you're able to know exactly what you're getting in terms of food. The calories-in is the hardest part of this battle.

Queen- More flies with honey than vinegar, that's for sure! Good luck with standing your ground and keeping it cool. Glad to see you back and working on your goals. Keep making good choices!

Kaye- What a funny greeting at the polling place! I think you're going to be a great model for your friend, too.

Mowmow- Congrats on the dog! I hope the homecoming for your new furbaby goes very well.

Kah- I should add chef to my list of needs, too! I hope your leg is better!

Ushkii- Put on your super-grip, no-slip shoes and keep walking! You'll get there.

Jenn- Sorry there's so much stress in your life right now. Keep working on those goals, and I'm sure checking some of them off will make you feel better.

AFM- I had a very busy day off. I went for a long bike ride this morning, did the usual carting of kids to and from school, mowed the lawn for the first time this year, weeded the flower beds for the first time this year, and washed six loads of laundry. Felt great to be outside so much today and it actually felt like summer. After school, the kids played with squirt guns outside and then they asked me to hook up the sprinkler!

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles

5/20: 4.74 miles completed!
    5/21: 3 miles completed!

Under calories: 12/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 10/31
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your confidence in me. Susan, glad to have you back. Rain, congratulations on finishing your semester.
    Mileage for 5/21: 5.2 miles
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good evening to all my friends. I am pooped. I have been doing yard work/gardening since about 11:00 this morning and quit right about 8:00. I dont know if I had mentioned that my lawn mower was broken. It was down for about a month and the grass had gotten so long I had to empty my bag 26 times to get it all mowed. I know I over did it and am going to be sore tomorrow but I get stupid stubborn sometimes. On top of that I did some trimming, planting, weeding, and watering. It was a nice and busy day.

MowMow congrats on the new puppy. There is nothing quite like the love of an animal. I am so happy you had the kitty there to help pick him out.:happy:
    Susan I love the quote. It sums everything up just right.
    Kaye you are doing so awesome and it is great when people notice and say things like that:bigsmile:
    Rain congrats on finishing your finals. I think you did great only gaining 6 pounds.
    Jenn I hope your stress levels are able to be brought under control soon. Nothing like stress being caused not only by our stuff but our spouses stuff too.

Well There was probably more but my brain is shutting down. Have a great night everyone and sweet dreams:flowerforyou: :heart:

May Challenge:
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 205 miles
    5/3: 0 miles
    5/4: 204 miles
    5/5: 2.93 miles
    5/6: 5.43 miles
    5/7: 3.07 miles
    5/8: 0 miles
    5/9: 3.68 miles
    5/10: 3.44 miles
    5/11: 3.89 miles
    5/12: 5.76 miles
    5/13: 205 miles
    5/14: 3.2 miles
    5/15: 0 miles
    5/16: 1.5 miles
    5/17: 3.6 miles
    5/18: 0 miles
    5/19: 2.3 miles
    5/20: 3.11 miles
    5/21: 3.18 miles
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Focus, focus, focus. Yes, I’ve been gone for about a week, but it seems even longer. I was so behind and had like 7 pages to read through, but I did it!!!

I left last Thursday for Chicago to attend the NRA (and it’s not the National Rifle Association, but the National Restaurant Association) and got back last night. Between two conferences, 5 very nice meals out, 2 rooftops at Wrigley Field, 5 networking events, two plant visits including MARS candy, quite a few adult beverages and a TON of networking I’m plain exhausted. BUT, the best part of the trip was meeting Skinnyjeanz aka Karen and Garetie aka Margaret. It was so nice to finally meet face to face and give these beautiful women a hug. I really enjoyed getting to know them. They are wonderful ladies!!!! I think I gave Karen a “little” glimpse into the world of food service. I love what I do and have some amazing friends, BUT it is hard being surrounded by such good food ALL the time.

Also, I’m so darn proud of you guys and your May Challenge. Seeing all of your numbers and watching your progress I’m just as proud of you as I can be. Of course, I’m kicking myself in the BUTT for not joining in. You guys ROCK!!!!!

Happy Belated Mother’s Day to all of our amazing Mom’s on here. Your kids are so lucky to call you Mom!!!!!

@ Karen – Thank you again for coming down to the city and spending time with me. While I know you, it was great actually spending the time face to face. I’ve always been in awe the amount of papers you have to grade, but to see you sitting there it was definitely an eye opener. Hopefully, you got a “little” glimpse into my work life. I’ve made some amazing friends over the years and feel so fortunate to be in the industry I’m in. Of course, I know I try not to make excuses, but I really do have to keep myself in check being surrounded by food non-stop and really good food too. We will have to share our one dessert with the group – Grilled Pound Cake with a dollop of Caramel Ice Cream, Chopped Nuts, Bacon (YES!!) and drizzled with Caramel Sauce. It was soooo darn good.

@ LittleShadow – Congrats on the ½ Marathon!!! What a huge accomplishment – good for you!!!

@ Heather – I think many of us can relate. I never in a million years thought I would share my weight, but that’s what is so great about this group. You’re not alone. We’re right there with you and share similar numbers. Proud of you! You've gotten a lot of advice and you’ve got to find what works for you. I did just see on TV today that they recommend larger meals for breakfast and lunch, but eating a very light dinner. Who knows? I try to eat 5-6 little meals all day or about 200-300 calories at each meal. Now if I plan to have a 500-600 dinner than I’ll lower my snack count. Also, I try to prepare everything the night before so I have no excuses. I have hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, almonds, Greek Yogurt, etc. . . all available at work so I have no excuse not to keep myself fueled during the day. For breakfast cups, I use muffin tins. Crumbled turkey sausage, 1/3 cup or so of Egg Beaters, and a little cheese. I can have two cups for approximately 200-250 calories. Great protein pick me up and easy to reheat at work.

@ L2T – I want your Mother’s Day meal. All YUM!!!! Regarding shopping ahead, for me – never. Even when I lost a ton of weight before, the twins hardly went down while most women that’s where they lose first. Once I lose 100 lbs, my treat to myself is surgery and getting those reduced. LOL!! Right now, things are really baggy on me and I did buy a few pair of pants in the next size down, but that’s it. Once I lose the next 30 lbs, I’ll definitely have to buy a few things, but that’s it. For my son, I’ve always bought ahead. He was so much easier to determine and I’ve been pretty much on track with him. Also, I saw your recent post on 12’s – Yipee!!!!!

@ Pixy – I’ve had the little “fat” chat before as well. While I know it wasn’t malicious or intentional, I had to explain how it made me feel. He never did it again. Sigh.

@ Robin – I’m in for repeating this month’s challenge since I didn’t join and I’m so proud of everyone!!! You’ve got me smiling about your calf massage – meow!!!!

@ Kelly – Woo Hoo!!! I loved seeing COMPLETE!! I know you’ve been hanging on the best you can, but any kind of software conversion is a nightmare. So glad the end is in sight.

@ Laurie – I’m so proud of you whether you do the tri or not. I think you should do it because when you put your mind to something YOU DO IT!!! Plus, I see tears of joy coming from you not the anxiety. Do not put personal times and all of that ahead of the cart. Think back to where you were 3 years, 2 years or even 6 months ago. You continue to get stronger. Go for it!!! Also, I read your post about sharing your weight loss with the friend. Priceless indeed. Enjoy every single surprised look. You’ve worked hard and steady for every single pound lost. I was so sorry to read about your friend’s loss to cancer. HATE it. My friend is still battling and it’s not good.

@ Tom – 250’s??!!! You go boy! Also, when you and Amy are ready, we should meet up. We could meet up and walk the Pittman Wash. I live near Legacy Park and use that as my base or a nice healthy meal out is good too. You always find such good places.

@ Nettie – Congrats on having some options for this summer. I'm still keeping positive thoughts your way that a full-time position will open this fall.

@ Tanya – Gosh, I’m exhausted reading all your appointments you had last week. Wow!! Long weekend ahead thank goodness!

@ Tlh – The home inspection doesn’t sound too bad. I think those 3 things are within reason. I know it’s been a long time coming and you guys have been waiting patiently.

@ Kaye – I have a CPAP too and probably haven’t used it in a year. I know I should, but I hate it. I’ve been using Nature’s Way sleeping aid. While I normally hate taking pills, I don’t mind that it’s natural ingredients. I know I should probably return to the darn machine, but really hate it.

@ Jt – So jealous of your cherry season. I love some good cherries, but there always so darn expensive. I’ll splurge on occasion, but not too often. Sorry you were having some down days, but glad things picked back up.

@ RobinB – So proud of you for tackling your potential binge with Goldfish. You rock!!!! Yes, you missed my departure. I attend the largest restaurant show in Chicago every May. It’s HUGE! As I posted above, it’s just walking the show floor, but not stop networking and food EVERYWHERE!!!

@ Kaye – I’m going to be the first one, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to an amazing woman!!!! Also, I think you gave perfect advice to your friend and what a perfect example you’ve become.

@ Queen – Baby steps. One day at a time. You’ve got this!!!

@ Kris – Congrats on the new four legged family friend. I have a little foofoo doggie too, Izzy. She’s about 12 lbs and a Bichon/Poodle. She needs some MAJOR attention though, but we love her plus it’s so much easier picking up tater tots versus LARGE piles of poo. LOL!!!! We just keep a cheap box of sandwich bags by the door and grab one on our walks. Tie it up and we’re good to go. Have fun!!!!

@ Rain – Girl, you’ll be right back on track. With the end of school, finals and just life, you had so much on your plate. You’re going to get focused again and keep checking in with us.

@ Hansea – It sounds like you got a lot accomplished today. Nice!

Sorry if I’ve missed a few of you, but I started back on page 12 and my eyes are completely crossed eyed right now. I’m back and will definitely post for you soon.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    walking/running:
    5/21: 5.04

Total:
    On foot:41.15
    On bike: 51.9

Goal:
    On foot: 50+
    On bike: 50+
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Already been out for a walk before it gets too hot. I hate getting up early, but I hate walking in the heat even more and I worry about my dog getting overheated. He and I had a talk this morning on our walk and decided Sunday is going to be a rest day. I have a 3 mile walk planned at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning with a friend and a 4 miler planned with another friend on Saturday morning. I looked at my mileage below and realized I haven't had a rest day all month, so Sunday is it. And my 23 lb dog has been with me for every mile walked this month making his mileage so far 53 miles. I need to weigh him and see if he's lost some weight as well!

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll try and get to personals later today.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/22 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)

Total Miles - 72.00
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Time for a quick mileage update:

5/1 1.32
    5/2 2.35
    5/3 3.64
    5/4 0.92
    5/5 2.21
    5/6 1.51
    5/7 1.00
    5/8 1.98
    5/9 2.04
    5/10 2.00
    5/11 2.54
    5/12 1.11
    5/13 2.04
    5/14 2.14
    5/15 2.24
    5/16 2.00
    5/17 1.91
    5/18 1.81
    5/19 2.19
    5/20 1.08
    5/21 2.00
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just time for a mileage update this morning.

May Mileage:

5/1/14—3.11mi
    5/2/14—3.64mi
    5/3/14—1.92mi
    5/4/14—4.42mi
    5/5/14—2.89mi
    5/6/14—3.74mi
    5/7/14—3.15mi
    5/8/14—3.05mi
    5/9/14—3.50mi
    5/10/14—1.48mi
    5/11/14—4.62mi
    5/12/14—2.75mi
    5/13/14—3.18mi
    5/14/14—4.62mi
    5/15/14—3.62mi
    5/16/14—3.59mi
    5/17/14—1.95mi
    5/18/14—6.04mi
    5/19/14—5.28mi
    5/20/14—3.56mi
    5/21/14—3.37mi

Total = 73.48 Miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Kaye-Have a great day! May a wish come true for each candle on your cake!
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

Susan we will look into finding a new place to try for healthy food. We are going to try a new pizza place real soon. They have a copy of a Pepe’s clam apizza I really want to try. They have many different kinds check this out.

http://www.pizzarocklasvegas.com/

521_zps65d6c659.jpg

“You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~Les Brown

Tom
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thur Truth: Sitting on my butt again after another slip, I really need those super grip shoe cover or something. This morning we were early to work and stopped at Burger King, I love the crosisanwich and got a med meal, well other got meals too but did not want the hash browns so gave them to me I said no thanks but pick at them until they were gone. So my breakfast was >1500 Kcal and really bad salty fatty calories. Well got to get to a walk today and tonight will mow the grass so if i have a good dinner i could save myself. wish me luck.

susan - Sounds like you had a great visit with some of the group! That is really cool. I can't imagine being around all that good food and not 'tasting' some here and there; well really it would be more than a taste for me.
    rain - Great job finishing finals! Keep logging and exercise you will do great.
    Kaye - So cool you are considered a 'go to' for information. We all know that but now it seems others know that too. No pressure! Just keep being perfect! lol!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mileage update:

5/21: 3.1 miles
    5/22: 8.8 miles

Kaye: have a wonderful birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    worked in my yard till i could not move any more!! might be easier to go to the gym...lol
    my son is taking my bike home in with him to northern alberta tonight so i dont have to figure out how to get it there on the plane. But i am sad cause i cannot ride until june 1 when i get there. I will have to get out walking and rack up some miles. Hope this challenge continues next month cause i could do this!
    time to get rid of all the dirt and twigs i have accumulated being outside
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    NEWBIES - welcome to each one of you I have not been able to greet personally. So happy to have you join us here. You will fit in in no time at all. There is plenty of room for everyone and we ALL make mistakes along our journey so we are not judgemental at all. Stop by frequently as the thread moves pretty darn fast.!

Queen - haven't had a chance to say hello again!

Kaye - Happy Birthday!

EVERYONE - Do we want to repeat a "MILEAGE" challenge again this month? Again, this mean 20 min of ANY exercise = 1 mile of distance walked or run, so you don't have to be a walker or a runner to participate in this.
    An alternative challenge I've been thinking about for one of these months would be to Challenge ourselves to Reduce our Sugar Intake Daily. I don't know if this matters, but I've been reading about that lately. Something to think about.

AFM - I went to coffee with a good and honest friend I hadn't seen in a while, in fact since before surgery. I asked how my voice sounded. We were talking about my desire to return to part-time work in a front office setting. She frankly stated, "I don't think that would be appropriate right now. You sound very 'developmentally disabled" and I don't think I could understand you very well over the phone. You might be better in a warehouse setting where you were task oriented and not talk oriented". It was, as I said, very frank of her to say. I do think its a lot better than when it was totally garbled or when I sounded "drunk". And, I'm planning at some point in the future to get referred to a speech therapist. So theres hope. To bad my HS reunion is so close upon us. (one month away). I have been tired for days, so going to bed now. I hope I don't have a bug! (Just my luck!)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Happy Birthday. Best wishes for the years ahead.:drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Susan- Welcome back. I am so glad you had fun in Chicago and had the opportunity to meet up with Karen and Gertie.

KarenL- I am glad your son took your bike to his place, it would be pain transporting it to his house via plane. We will be repeating this challenge again so just ready.

ushkil- The hashbrowns sitting there nibbling on them, I can relate to that. My problem is french fries the only I can stop from eating them is to throw them away before I eat all of them. I know that the sandwich tasted good. Hope you got in a nice long walk.

Truth- I have been on a sugar binge this week and I know it is because TOM is coming to visit so I crave the sugary snacks. I need to stop eating the doughnuts, blueberry muffins candy bars, and cupcakes. This has been a bad week but at least I am getting some type of exercise everyday so far. Tonight, I went for walk into town so it turned into a 2.5 mile walk. It was a beautiful evening and had cooled down after the thunderstorm on my drive home. I must say it was a little nerve wracking to be driving home and hear that we were under a tornado warning and to take shelter now. I had just driven through the hail. I just keep driving since there was no place to safely stop and thankfully, people were driving slow during the downpour. I just headed home instead of going to the gym. The walk was a nice ending to the day.