Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    No judgement, of course.

Immediately followed by
    Some people just aren't cut out to be parents and that's perfectly ok.

Which is pretty typical of many of the experiences of those who choose to be child free. Whilst it may not be intended to come across as judgement, it certainly does.

fwiw whilst I personally choose to be CF many people think I'd be a good father.
    But you need to understand that you are opting out of something that brings millions of people the most indescribable joy and life satisfaction.

And equally it brings many indescribable misery, both parents and associated children.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hubby wanted children, I wasnt sure. Mother nature made the decision for us CF...... although my three cats are my babies so maybe not so.... :huh:
  • Bakerowl
    Bakerowl Posts: 2
    Options
    Childfree here. Never wanted kids since I was a kid myself. When I imagine how I want my life to be, children just don't figure into that at all. Plus, with 100+ pounds to lose, I definitely don't want to get pregnant after reaching my goal weight and undoing a lot of work.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    No kiddos here, but I totally understand their value... for farming gold in MMOs. Free babysitting services, hit me up!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    no kids!!
  • TracyYinzer
    TracyYinzer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have any. I don't dislike kids -- I just never had the urge. Other women run to babies when they see them and want to pick them up and coo, etc. Not me. But put a dog or cat in front of me and I'm in LOVE. :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm childfree! Add me! A warning though: many childfree people add, "I love kids. I just don't want my own. Childfree does not mean child haters!"

Well, for me it does. I don't like kids. I have to pretend to think kids are cool in my professional and social life and it's always such a chore. People who understand we're never having kids try to find examples of KIDS BEING CUTEEE to prove me wrong. No I don't think that flower girl did something fun or that baby's hat is adorable.

Social media has made friends with children even more unbearable.
  • HalfwayGone
    HalfwayGone Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    No kids here
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have no kids. Will not and cannot have children in the future. I do have a dog and two cats though.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'm childfree! Add me! A warning though: many childfree people add, "I love kids. I just don't want my own. Childfree does not mean child haters!"

Well, for me it does. I don't like kids. I have to pretend to think kids are cool in my professional and social life and it's always such a chore

Maybe you should find a different profession?
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    28 years old - no children, not planning for any in the future. I hope to one day own lots of pets!
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    29 and child free with no plans of children in the future.

I think being the oldest of 8 is what's caused me to get the nasty taste in the back of my mouth when I see children running around.

But i love animals :D
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I am.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I don't like kids. I have to pretend to think kids are cool in my professional and social life and it's always such a chore

I work in IT. It just happens that there are a lot of first time dads at my company who [incorrectly] assume everyone cares about/is dying to see pictures of their offspring. A lot of people think that 20-something newlywed women LOVE babies and can't wait to have 12. This is a problem in society at large.
  • eloisethegiant391
    Options
    No children here, too much responsibility, they can't fend for themselves for the most part...
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Childless by choice!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I don't like kids. I have to pretend to think kids are cool in my professional and social life and it's always such a chore

I work in IT. It just happens that there are a lot of first time dads at my company who [incorrectly] assume everyone cares about/is dying to see pictures of their offspring. A lot of people think that 20-something newlywed women LOVE babies and can't wait to have 12. This is a problem in society at large.

Yea, God forbid someone be proud to show off their kid.
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Being an auntie is great; being a parent, no thanks - decided that before I even started school. See my profile for my tagline.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I just saw this topic on my homepage and want to join, I am CFBC!

I don't have a problem with kids, I just know I don't want the expense/time/effort associated with raising another human being. I'd rather travel and have a little more freedom and choice in my life. We have a niece and a nephew via my husband's brother, and will probably have more via mine. That's enough for me.

It's funny because my girlfriends all are understanding, the ones who are planning/in process of/already have children. They get that it's a choice. But at work I work with primarily men who are primarily older than I am and they are all like 'oh just wait you'll change your mind' etc etc.

But I won't. Definitely not. Had essure done last year and no regrets. Totally painless and now I don't have to remember to take a pill every day.