Any child free peeps on MFP?

Options

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like the art of breeding. I make it a point to breed often... sometimes four or five times a week.

537.gif
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think that child free people seem hostile and angry (based solely on this post).

This post is stressing me out far worse than my child does when he is acting up.

Not here to argue, just stating how I interpreted the replies in here by those who don't seem to appreciate comments by people with children. To people who have children, being "child free" can simply mean a trip to the grocery store alone. I see that the OP was edited to clarify so many responses probably came in before she did that.

i think that a lot of what you see is maybe more of a knee-jerk reaction from a lot of us. some of this in here was genuine "no, the term means this". but every person who makes this choice is told the SAME things by society over and over and over and OVER. and it does grate, and it can make us a little quicker to defend. b/c we're so used to having to do that.

Not trying to argue (truly not, trust me), but I sometimes have a hard time believing that people who choose to be "different", whether it be child-free, vegan, paleo, etc. and complain about having to deal with "society at large" really do hate it. They never seem to get sick of posting repeatedly about the same damn thing. Over and over. Like "hey look at me I choose this lifestyle, aren't I special and unique!!" No one cares. And I don't feel bad if you have to defend it over and over again. The reason people don't memorize all of your labels and terms and special definitions is because it's your issue and no one else gives it any thought. But some of you seem to be so consumed by your own labels that it's all you talk about. Congrats you have no kids, what are you doing with all of your spare time? Oh... I see... you're posting on MFP about it.... every day.

OK... seriously... that was awesome! *slow clapping for Ms Maple*

When I was like 15 I thought I'd never want kids... but then I grew up and got over my issues. I don't have any yet but I am very open to the idea.

I think a chunk of so called "Child Free" people are dealing with issues and haven't really made a clear headed conscious decision but I'm sure others have genuinely chosen that path without "issues" being behind it (and more power to them if that is what they really want).

I would imagine the more vehemently one espouses, defends, pushes labels for, argues semantics regarding, being "Child Free" the more likely it is they are suffering from the former and have not gotten there via the latter.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want kids.

Some people do.

Are we done now?

tumblr_m6i75j6WXs1qfph1s.gif
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm not Childless, I am Child Free.

No, I'm not selfish. No, I won't grow to regret my decisions. Yes, I am happy and living a fulfilled life. I hate the stigma that comes with being a child free woman...I can be more in this world than just being someone's mother!

Here's a great video about being Child Free, and why the rest of the world needs to get over it!

http://www.upworthy.com/got-relatives-who-think-you-should-have-had-a-baby-by-now-heres-a-video-worth-sharing-with-them?c=ufb1
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Child free Human here.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like the art of breeding. I make it a point to breed often... sometimes four or five times a week.

537.gif

Derailment: Keanu really needs to do more comedies, he was gold in B&TEE.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    10/10 WB

Can you sqeeze me in this week? And then I'll squeeze you...
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want kids.

Some people do.

Are we done now?

tumblr_m6i75j6WXs1qfph1s.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I don't think it actually counts as "breeding" unless your produce offspring. You are "practice breeding" since we are being very serious about our definitions today. :wink:
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 25 and have never wanted children, and am so happy to have a fiance that is also child free. We're waiting until we're married for him to get the vasectomy, but it is very much going to happen. I dislike children, don't really have the temperament to be a parent, and have pretty crummy genetics to boot.

But calling the choice to not have children "trendy"? What on earth. Oh yes, what are we expecting for the new summer fashion line this year? No babies anywhere! Very trendy; it's all the rage, I hear. :noway:
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your mom wishes she was child free :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

537.gif

And pretty poor in anything else. How did he get all those roles in what otherwise would have been better movies?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

Well your mom told me she wanted to have my babies last night.

:drinker:
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that people who don't want to have kids (for whatever reason) don't. It's not for everyone. And some people make the choice because of how they feel about the course of the world/planet.

thank you. :flowerforyou:

I actually think my husband and I would make pretty great parents. We love kids and babies. But, we love our lifestyle as it is, and we also have no desire to contribute further to the overpopulation of a planet that is rapidly going downhill. Not to mention that we don't want to be 60 or 65 and having a child graduating from college...or worse, high school. So we will not be having any children.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

Well your mom told me she wanted to have my babies last night.

:drinker:

Need a band-aid for that burn?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    OP haven't you posted this very topic before?
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

537.gif

And pretty poor in anything else. How did he get all those roles in what otherwise would have been better movies?

I liked him in Speed, and people who have seen it tell me he was rather amazing in The Gift. Also, guilty pleasure, Devil's Advocate. ;) I just feel he needs to return to his doofy roots!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No kids!!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I think that child free people seem hostile and angry (based solely on this post).

This post is stressing me out far worse than my child does when he is acting up.

Not here to argue, just stating how I interpreted the replies in here by those who don't seem to appreciate comments by people with children. To people who have children, being "child free" can simply mean a trip to the grocery store alone. I see that the OP was edited to clarify so many responses probably came in before she did that.

Hostile? Angry? Where? I haven't seen any offensive posts on this thread so far, which has to be a first.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    OP haven't you posted this very topic before?

The pot has to be stirred periodically. *nods* true story