Options

Replies

• MamaEggMcMuffin
    MamaEggMcMuffin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tuna Cakes!!!

*Altered from a Kraft recipe.

2 cans tuna, drained,
    (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix (I use low sodium Stove-Top)
    1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
    3/4 cup water
    2 green onions, sliced
    1/3 cup light Mayo
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Mix all together and shape into patties (makes about 12). Leave in the fridge for at least 30 min. Heat a prying pan to medium heat, cook patties a few at a time for about 6-10 minutes - turn after 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.

Soooooo yummy!
  • amysambora
    Options
    I have a tuna, tomato & cottage cheese sandwich on wholegrain bread for lunch almost every day. When I'm feeling lazy at night I'll often steam some frozen vegies and sweet potato, stir some tuna through with a little sweet chilli sauce and grated cheese - YUM! Sometimes I'll add rice too, depending on my carb intake for the day. The opportunities are endless!!!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    bump!
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Tuna Cakes!!!

2 cans tuna, drained,
    3/4 cup water
    2 green onions, sliced
    1/3 cup light Mayo
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Mix all together and shape into patties (makes about 12). Leave in the fridge for at least 30 min. Heat a prying pan to medium heat, cook patties a few at a time for about 6-10 minutes - turn after 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.

Soooooo yummy!

This sounds really good! Can't wait to try it :-)! Do you know what the calorie count/nutritional info on this is?
  • raevon
    raevon Posts: 2
    Options
    Could do basic salad, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, baby spinich, make own dressing with morter & pestle. 2 cloves of garlic, pinch of salt & dash of lemon juice gound up into a paste. Add little olive oil, mix together, spoon over salad, add extra oil to salad & combine.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • clover27357
    Options
    This sounds SOO good! I fear the Ritz (crackers) though and wouldnt mind trying to use a base with a little less salt. Maybe a brand of itlian bread crumbs or something? Ooo, thank you for sharing this. My son's a protien gobbler and this is actually something he'd try, so I wouldn't have to cook two seperate meals for that night. Yayah
  • gcookiemonster
    Options
    Flake it over pasta and mix with olives, parsley, capers, and a drizzle of olive oil to make a simple, satisfying dinner. Or for a healthy twist on tuna salad, toss with a little olive oil and lemon juice, minced Granny Smith apple, and a pinch of curry powder.
    [shape.com]
  • MamaEggMcMuffin
    Options
    Those look pretty! :)

Personally, I'm not a raw broccolli fan :(
    So, maybe I'd use a slice of green onion or celery instead.
  • MamaEggMcMuffin
    Options
    Tuna Salad Appetizers

1 can Clover light tuna in water
    ¼ cup chopped celery
    ¼ cup chopped red or while onion
    ¼ cup broccoli florets
    2 tbsp Miracle Whip Non-Fat Dressing (green label, 15cals per tbsp)
    1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    16 spinach leaves
    Fresh ground pepper

Directions: Drain tuna. Mix all ingredients together and spoon onto freshly washed spinach leaves. Makes
    approximately 16.

WW Points: 0

* If you eat all 16 its 3 WW points or if you use the more commonly found Miracle Whip Light 30 cal per
    tbsp its 4 WW point for all 16.

Here’s the photo I took

Picture157.jpg

Those look pretty! :)

Personally, I'm not a raw broccolli fan :(
    So, maybe I'd use a slice of green onion or celery instead.
  • MamaEggMcMuffin
    Options
    Tuna Cakes!!!

2 cans tuna, drained,
    3/4 cup water
    2 green onions, sliced
    1/3 cup light Mayo
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Soooooo yummy!

This sounds really good! Can't wait to try it :-)! Do you know what the calorie count/nutritional info on this is?

Not sure with the alterations, but here's the link to the original Kraft recipe:
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/tuna-cakes-109716.aspx
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I make it into a meditteranean style mix that I have on Rykrisps, or honestly just plain.

1 can of tuna, drained but I leave a little liquid in there
    1/2 to 1 capful of lemon juice concentrate
    1/4 cup garbanzo beans or canellini beans, drained and rinsed well
    1 tblsp Kraft mayo with olive oil
    onion flakes to taste
    small amt of basil
    shake or two of Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic

Mix well and either chill for a bit to mix flavors or you can have it right away. Play with the seasonings...you can really do alot with herbs and salt free mixes.

You could add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers or anything really.

Once, I also made a mistake and prepared it with curry, dried cranberrys and chopped walnuts...as yuck as that sounds, it really wasnt bad!!
  • Oaneer
    Oaneer Posts: 11
    Options
    I add lemon juice to it and cracked peppercorn and mix it up . I then use romane lettuce and make lettuce wraps w/ the tuna. I hope this helps.:)
  • mrsstore
    mrsstore Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tuna with chilli is sooo nice! wrapped in some crispy lettuce leaves, yummmm!

3597117.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ina1975
    ina1975 Posts: 20
    Options
    OMG this is making me hungry! I'm so doing tuna for lunch tomorrow. :love:
  • Jesikasyks
    Options
    Mmmmm.bump
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    mix tuna with mayo, little garlic, pepper, celery, onion. stuff into a hollowed out beefsteak tomato. Top with cheese. Bake til golden and bubbly. yum!
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    my lunch today = 2 yummy slices of 14 grain bread, 1/2 can tuna with light marble melted on top, then topped with avocado, salsa, green onion and celery.

<3
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ASIAN TUNA PATTIES
    Ingredients

* 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
    * 1 egg, beaten
    * 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    * 3 green onions, minced
    * 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
    * 1 tablespoon soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
    * 1 tablespoon ketchup
    * 1 teaspoon sesame oil
    * 1 teaspoon black pepper
    * 1/2 cup cornmeal
    * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix tuna, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, and garlic. Blend soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and pepper into the mixture. Form the mixture into about 6 patties approximately 1 inch thick. Lightly sprinkle each patty on all sides with cornmeal.
    2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry each patty about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

Got this recipe off of all-recipes.....it is AH-MAZE-ING! Never looked at the nutritional content...but I imagine it would help by a lot by replacing the soy sauce with a low sodium choice....