*Snowflakes to Sunshine* Discussion: Week 2 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Alrighty everyone! How are we feeling this morning!? As far as weigh-ins...how do we feel? What worked, what didn"t? What are we going to do this week to improve or maintain our numbers?

Replies

• tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    well i found a really yummy whole wheat bread to satisfy my carb cravings (only thing now it that i feel i have to eat it everyday:bigsmile: ) and same routine for me..
    Workout Turbo fire 6 days a week and maybe the incliner if i have time.

oooo yea and 1 thing that is a big help is that my husband is out to sea for a month and i'm noticing it's REALLY EASY to stay on track with him gone.:huh:
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I work over-nights, so I won't be weighing in til later but am not looking forward to it. I think I actually gained this week. Fortunately when I did my measurements, I was down a bit in 2 areas there cause otherwise, today might have me even more worried....

I hope everyone else did well this week, (cause y'all are awesome!)
    Please pass on anythign that worked well so the rest of us (read:me!) can steal your secrets!!!

TTYL!!!
    xoxo - S
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    hi krys, i'm so excited i'm now 198.1
    this week bc of school & TOM i wasn't able to workout as much but i did some treadmill, leslie sansone walk at home and my diet was slimfast shake for bkfst every morning, a salad with dinner or just a salad & minimal snacking, lots of water.
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    I found that when I exercised right after school it curbed the snacking I always want to do at that time of day. I also didn't have snacks during the day at school. I like to keep eclipse gum in my purse and when I feel like a snack, I chew some gum. It gives me the sweetness I want.
  • honeybee709
    honeybee709 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a little discouraged because I've been sick all week. Like I said before, it's hard to get motivated to exercise when you're hacking up a lung or going in and out of a fever :( Oh well, I did a good job at keeping my calories in check while I couldn't work out. So we'll see if that did anything, and I'm hoping I can kick this this weekend and get right back into it next week. We will see!
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    just make sure you get your rest while you are sick
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Today's weight: 287.2 lbs (-3.8 lbs this week)

Had a pretty good workout week. It was nice having the kids back in school. I managed to get in a couple good workouts and walk 3 miles around the track with a friend. I took my 2yr old to the park yesterday and I chased her and we ran a couple times. This is the first time I've been able to do that. I actually FEEL like running with her. WOO HOO! I can't wait for the Spring when we can play outside more.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    I'm a little discouraged because I've been sick all week. Like I said before, it's hard to get motivated to exercise when you're hacking up a lung or going in and out of a fever :( Oh well, I did a good job at keeping my calories in check while I couldn't work out. So we'll see if that did anything, and I'm hoping I can kick this this weekend and get right back into it next week. We will see!

I hope you feel better soon!
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    Alrighty everyone! How are we feeling this morning!? As far as weigh-ins...how do we feel? What worked, what didn"t? What are we going to do this week to improve or maintain our numbers?

What worked: packed a lunch for me while running errands so I didn't give in to fast food.
    What didn't work: Drank more diet pop than I normally would because that's what I used to do while taking kids to school, etc.
    This weeks strategy: When I pack the girls' lunches at night, I'll pack mine too. If I don't give in to even Subway, that means less diet pop too.
  • dkbstill
    Options
    My weigh-in went better than expected. I lost the first 5 which they say is usually water weight. I will stay with the same routine this week and see how it goes at the next weigh-in.

D
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump, haven't weighed in yet, but glad I found the topic!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3.5 pounds
    Bye-bye Christmas gain :)

What worked for me was coming to MFP and reading boards when I was feeling like I wanted to eat out of boredom. I exercised according to the days I put it on my schedule and kept it. I was anxious all this week about weigh in next week (I'm ridiculous like that) because I will be on vacation. But you know, I realized I didn't do anything dramatic this week--I exercised, I drank my water, I ate balanced meals, I curbed my sugar. Its not rocket science, but it was hard. So for this next week, I plan on carrying my bottled water wherever I go, eat lots of tropical fruits and veggies . The upside is that I am traveling with healthy minded friends and yogis so the only sabotage I have to watch out for is my own. While I'm away I will not shy away from the pictures because these are going to be more "before" pictures to keep me motivated when I feel discouraged!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • sstewart36
    Options
    How are we feeling this morning!?

***Good but dissapointed. I wish I lost more but I was sick this week so I did not get to work out.

As far as weigh-ins...how do we feel? What worked, what didn"t? What are we going to do this week to improve or maintain our numbers?

***Lost a little, Iam now 210.2. I am going hard in the gym this weekend. I also plan on buying some dvds to do at home.
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Morning SnowFlakes!!

I'm very Happy & excited that I lost weight (- 2.8 pounds), weight now 186.6. I haven't been in the 180's in years, many years!.
    I'm doing good staying very close to my 1200 calorie Mark & making good Food choices & Exercise, Exercise & more exercise.
    I've taken a new path with exercise : Now walking from my house to the Beach. That's going over the bridge twice. I really feel it in my legs (tightening up) sore too :wink: .............. hoping to do that twice a week, thats pretty much 4 1/2 to 5 mile walk
    Plus I'm On the Treadmill aiming for 25 minutes to 30. / every other day
    Working with Leslie Sansone DVD only once this past week.
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    The Y class this morning was KILLER, but now I know my next focus needs to be core strength. My low back/abs are not strong enough to support me on an exercise ball right now, but by March 1st, I'll be keeping up. I did the entire warm-up today (I know that sounds lame, but I started 12-10-10 not able to make it through the first of 3 sets, so making it the whole time was a big accomplishment) and I improved in almost every fit-test area in the last 10 days, so "yay me!"

I cooked some different meals this week, using more spices and less butter, salt and cheeses. I think having my husband sign on to losing weight and getting fit has made it a lot easier to cook lighter. The roasted veggies with olive oil and spices were very good, and the Jamaican Jerk chicken with quinoa was excellent. My skinny daughter adds her own cheese and everyone is happy. I need to do a grocery trip soon though, because I'm running low on everything not-processed.

Best of luck to everyone going into week 2! Here's to Healthy!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Morning y'all! Sounds like a lot of great stuff going on :bigsmile:

I lost 4 lbs and now weight 264. i was sick too and didn't exercise as much as usual but will increase that this week.
    I also increased my water intake by including green tea and that helped a lot!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Wow, lots of great losses this week!! You girls are rockin' it!

I didn't have the greatest week, but I still managed to lose a little over a pound I think. (I can't remember my starting weight, so I will have to go back and look). What worked for me this week is getting in a little exercise and bringing my lunch to work. Also planning ahead when I knew I was going to be going out to eat and sticking to what I had planned for. I also drank a lot more water than what I am used to. So I could have had a better loss this week, but the first couple of days were not good for me. Fortunately I was able to pull it together enough to have a small loss for the week which I am happy about.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I drove to work in snow today! Hate the snow, hopefully it will be clear on the way home was pretty white knuckled.

Well I am a bit disappointed because I drank and ate really bad after our first WI on New Years Day. So, I am happy I have a small loss because I worked really hard to at least see the same number on the scale as WI so .4 down from it I'll take!

I think what I am doing is working, I will know better next weigh in. I will be sticking to my exercise plan that I mapped out.

I am hoping to see a 2lb loss next week!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am ecstatic that I am down 5 pounds. I did my Leslie Sanson video (at least 2 miles) every day this week thus far, except last night and you know, I had very restless sleep as I usually can only work out at about 7 pm, last night was not able to. Will make sure I kick it up a notch this weekend.

I'm finding that with at least 30 minutes of exercise per day (4-5 times per week) and keeping my calories between 1200 and what MFP has set for me 13(something) - that seems to be working the best for me. I do not eat all of my exercise calories, but try hard not to fall below 1200 - I even had to find extra calories a couple days because during work days I'm able to control what I pack. The weekends are a different story.

It is great to see everyones comments and I wish everyone all the best!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Today's weight: 287.2 lbs (-3.8 lbs this week)

Had a pretty good workout week. It was nice having the kids back in school. I managed to get in a couple good workouts and walk 3 miles around the track with a friend. I took my 2yr old to the park yesterday and I chased her and we ran a couple times. This is the first time I've been able to do that. I actually FEEL like running with her. WOO HOO! I can't wait for the Spring when we can play outside more.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

What a great feeling! Keep up the great work!