Women in the weight room

Options

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Troll or not considering what just happened in Santa Barbara and the shooter's reasoning for it, this thread is in extremely poor taste.

:huh:

Honestly, I thought this too but decided to assume it was just the usual level of MFP stupidity and not someone being truly malicious.

Not sure how expressing my distaste at the thread is interpreted as being malicious? The shooter had control issues directed at women. Are you not seeing a parallel with the central topic of this thread and controlling women's behaviour. Where the he!! does the OP get off complaining about what people wear to exercise - what's next? They must be flirting because they are wearing that clothing? Why aren't they responding to my smiles? In my opinion distasteful.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Troll or not considering what just happened in Santa Barbara and the shooter's reasoning for it, this thread is in extremely poor taste.

Honestly, I thought this too but decided to assume it was just the usual level of MFP stupidity and not someone being truly malicious.

Not sure how expressing my distaste at the thread is interpreted as being malicious? The shooter had control issues directed at women. Are you not seeing a parallel with the central topic of this thread and controlling women's behaviour. Where the he!! does the OP get off complaining about what people wear to exercise - what's next? They must be flirting because they are wearing that clothing? Why aren't they responding to my smiles? In my opinion distasteful.

No no no, I meant the OP not you, I was assuming that the OP wasn't intentionally using issues brought up by the Santa Barbara incident to fuel his trolling.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Go to Planet Fitness if you don't wanna see dat *kitten*.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants because that's what I can afford (and they're comfortable). People who even pay attention to what other people wear most likely have insecurities about their own bodies. I have never seen anyone dress like they are going to the club at the gym and I don't care

What!? So are yoga pants cheaper than a pair of sweats or ball shorts?

Yes actually.. I buy stuff when I can find good deals. Sweats aren't really that comfortable, me wearing shorts would cause problems at the gym ;)

OK, but some yoga pants fit a lot more snuggly than others, why not use the loose fit pair?

Because I could only afford the one pair and my husband SPECIFICALLY requested the extra tight ones. :bigsmile:

:devil:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants because that's what I can afford (and they're comfortable). People who even pay attention to what other people wear most likely have insecurities about their own bodies. I have never seen anyone dress like they are going to the club at the gym and I don't care

What!? So are yoga pants cheaper than a pair of sweats or ball shorts?

Yes actually.. I buy stuff when I can find good deals. Sweats aren't really that comfortable, me wearing shorts would cause problems at the gym ;)

OK, but some yoga pants fit a lot more snuggly than others, why not use the loose fit pair?

Because I could only afford the one pair and my husband SPECIFICALLY requested the extra tight ones. :bigsmile:

:devil:

He also requested my profile photo to keep on his phone....:smokin:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Apparently several universities are already on summer break because today as I went for my usual morning workout in the weight room I noticed an increase in the number of sorority-looking girls showing up all around me in their tank tops, short shorts and tight fitting yoga pants.

Now how am I supposed to get in a good workout in with these type of girls doing straight legged deadlifts right in front of me?

Why do women come into the weight room dressed like that?

I complained to the front desk attendant (management wasn't in yet), but the desk girl (who was wearing tight yoga pants btw) said that these girls weren't in violation of any rules.

Do you agree that there should be some kind of dress code against this in a public gym?

#fullhomo
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

No no no, I meant the OP not you, I was assuming that the OP wasn't intentionally using issues brought up by the Santa Barbara incident to fuel his trolling.

Ahh - I apologize - I'm a might sensitive today :embarassed:
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    Oh my... you should go to one of those non-offensive gyms in California where it isn't okay to have bulky muscles. My my my... and you are male correct? Straight?

Those girls are HOT! Shoot I'd want to see them work out and I am straight.... HANDLE IT BUDDY!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Dudes at my gym wear muscles shirts low enough that their nipples are showing and baketball shorts so thin I can clearly see the outline of their junk. Am I offended? F no. I'm there to work out and you should be, as well. Plug in your ear buds, look away and get over it.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Just bumping now, because tomorrow is hump day, and the OP is going to HATE my profile pic. :wink:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Just bumping now, because tomorrow is hump day, and the OP is going to HATE my profile pic. :wink:

I hope this doesn't sound awkward, but I'm bookmarking your profile. :wink:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I hope this doesn't sound awkward, but I'm bookmarking your profile. :wink:

Bahahaha! Limited time only...you gotta be quick!!!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Apparently several universities are already on summer break because today as I went for my usual morning workout in the weight room I noticed an increase in the number of sorority-looking girls showing up all around me in their tank tops, short shorts and tight fitting yoga pants.

Now how am I supposed to get in a good workout in with these type of girls doing straight legged deadlifts right in front of me?

Why do women come into the weight room dressed like that?

I complained to the front desk attendant (management wasn't in yet), but the desk girl (who was wearing tight yoga pants btw) said that these girls weren't in violation of any rules.

Do you agree that there should be some kind of dress code against this in a public gym?

You are joking, right?
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Don't care how old you are but perhaps you should grow up and act like an adult. You are there to work out. Perhaps it is just that you don't like them invading your space.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I will do my deadlifts in yoga shorts tomorrow, in honor of this thread.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Unrelated but MY you look INCREDIBLE! Inspirational! :flowerforyou:

Thank You! I have worked awfully hard these last three years.
    um...

um.....?????
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I wear tight clothes to work out in because I like the fact that I can and to see that I have lost weight. Also it keeps me honest and motivated, and because I keep passing my reflection and thinking, "Oh yeah, that's what I look like now". I do dead lifts where ever I can find room in the gym and as far as gym etiquette is concerned, if someone is not passing gas in your face, it's all good. Judging others is fun for some negative people, but it is not a healthy place to be stuck in.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

pix or it didnt happen
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I rather thought that the social norms included wearing clothing appropriate to your situation and environment...like workout clothes when you work out. It's rather like wearing swimsuits when you go swimming. Do you have the same problem when you go swimming? Are the half-naked girls parading around in their swimsuits too much for you?
    [/quote]

That was exactly my thought! Hey, how did you read my mind? Were you wearing yoga pants too when you thought that?