How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Stevia, cinnamon & butter extract flavoring or any flavor Protein powder Honey
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    -Add lots of garlic and parsley and mix with whole wheat pasta.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    2tsp Torani sugar free caramel syrup blended in with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    Use it to make chicken/salmon/tuna/ surimi salad instead of mayo. Makes fabulous low cal dips just sub it for sour cream. Use it with egg beaters to make yummy quiche without half and half.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    There is the classic James Bond breakfast. Yogurt, stewed prunes and a pot of coffee, black. Makes perfect sense after all the caviar, foie gras and steak he consumed. A constipated spy would be a dead spy:)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    tuna, celery, and cayenne pepper...yep.......no mayo.......just yogurt
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Protein powder
    Trek Mix
    Fruit

for pudding mousse treat

or

fresh garlic
    cilantro
    vinegar
    chives
    seasonings

for veggie dip or salad...

Sky is the limit, really...
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and stevia
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes. I haven't eaten much Greek yogurt before now, but my diet is lacking protein.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Tastes great plain.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned... we love it with a ranch packet stirred in to make a dip for veggies, fresh seasonal fruits, in place of sour cream and mayo.....but, I also really enjoy it with about 1/4 of a packet of Jello Sugar Free Fat Free Cheesecake flavored pudding, delicious :-).
  • akkimberly
    akkimberly Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Herbalife has a peach mango beverage mix that I like to add into plain Greek yogurt. It greatly improved the taste and addS 15 more grams of protein! :-)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I add honey and chai seeds
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I always throw 1 package of stevia in mine with a handful of frozen fruit. My breakfast this morning at work has 1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries :)
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Honey! Don't use splenda. Splenda has no calories, but instead it has lots of chemicals for your body to try to break down which will in turn stop you from burning fat.
    Honey may have sugar and calories, but it's 100% natural so your body knows how to deal with it (+ its full of health benefits + its delicious)!!

Hmm.. I've used splenda for years and it hasn't stopped me from losing fat. I do agree that it has lot of chemicals but it doesn't stop you from burning fat.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Honey
  • BigCat3020
    BigCat3020 Posts: 3
    Options
    A teaspoon of splenda does it for me.
  • cmh29
    cmh29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Powder PB!
  • Jessica_Eve
    Jessica_Eve Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with the PB2 but the reason I comment is because I love that profile picture!! @cmh29
  • GingerLee13
    GingerLee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lemon curd! It's so friggin good. I get a jar from Trader Joe's but you can find it at most grocery stores. I'm tempted to try lime curd the next time I see it.

I've thought about trying PB or PB2, but I haven't yet.