• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    This is the only detox I approve of.

:flowerforyou:
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Please read my replies to others. I'm not putting blame on a one-way street.
    Oh I know. I just wanted to use that line!!!

I think you and I are similar, but of diff sex of course, in thinking that the other would change.

Fools we were huh?

But.....it happens. Not proud of the failing marriage and all and it is tough, but life isnt always going to be easy.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

You also don't know how a man thing works, and I don't agree with that.

23682-Simon-Cowell-burn-gif-eQ3w.gif
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    He was the same. I was naive and thought this is as good as it gets.

Boy, I was TOTALLY wrong. Life is a dream now

I gotta say....based on this response I am torn. Good for you for getting out of it. Good for you for making the changes you wanted to make. Shame on you for rushing into marriage without thinking fully about what it entailed and who you wanted to be with. Thank goodness there were no kids involved. Some people are not cheerleaders....they are not going to tell you how great and wonderful and beautiful you are. Many try to do it through actions and some do not at all.....but it is still up to both parties involved to determine if it is a good match before getting married.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I'm sorry? Are women(or men) supposed to stay with broken people until we become broken?

Some things can be fixed
    some can't
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Doubt is an interesting feeling/thought in a relationship. I do have that mentality that if you have doubt - get out. However...I just can not give up that easily because I have the (normal) feeling of doubt.

I guess it depends...Doubt to me, is a definite red flag.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    I wish we as a society would spend as much effort holding up the standard of a fantastic MARRIAGE as we do of the "fairy-tale wedding". And that's all I'm going to say about that...
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member

I gotta say....based on this response I am torn. Good for you for getting out of it. Good for you for making the changes you wanted to make. Shame on you for rushing into marriage without thinking fully about what it entailed and who you wanted to be with. Thank goodness there were no kids involved. Some people are not cheerleaders....they are not going to tell you how great and wonderful and beautiful you are. Many try to do it through actions and some do not at all.....but it is still up to both parties involved to determine if it is a good match before getting married.

I knew what marriage entailed. I know what "till death do us part" means.
    But I was also pressured by my Christian family. We were living together and trying to start a business...
    Realize that everything isn't always black and white.

Oh and he said he always wanted to run a business of his own and he got it.
    Did he work? Absolutely not. I got $20k from my father's death and it was GONE in less than a year because he didn't work and I paid for everything... how did I see that one coming when I was fed BS...
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member

Oh GTF over yourself.
    This isn't the "Judge my happy moment" thread

WTG girl.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member

You also don't know how a man thing works, and I don't agree with that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Very much so. It was a toxic relationship with many problematic attributes on both ends, but I never made him loss the feeling of self-worth or self-love.

Life is much happier and more peaceful when you and your partner want the same out of life.

:) this is very true.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565

Yes, it's better to just stay with somebody who doesn't make you happy or fulfill your needs. It's best to just overlook their terrible behavior because divorce is the worst thing ever.

I have finally have the ability to see pure sarcasm in a message format. Bravo, well stated.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Good for you! Everyone deserves to be happy with their lives.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

That would really be nice if this was a perfect world. People DO change. As we grow, mature, move through life - we change. Sometimes, other factors creep in and change a person. It's not necessarily about being a cheerleader, it's about building your spouse up - rather than tearing them down. No words or actions required. Those you are closest to are the best at seeing the *****s in your armor. If there were so many wise people in this world, there would be no <50% divorce rate. Just my thoughts.

ETA: I guess ***** in armor is a no no? LOL it did it again. :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member

Some of us aren't religious, therefore have no issue with divorce.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Happy for you, OP!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member

Oh GTF over yourself.
    This isn't the "Judge my happy moment" thread

WTG girl.

+1
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    I am truly happy for you...I am fortunate to have been with my awesome bf who knew met me when I was over 200 lbs and loved me anyway but is also still with me and is so supportive of how much weight I have lost and mainly how much I have changed in my attitude and how happy it has made me...he stood by me, has been supportive all the way and never stopped loving me. Love should be unconditional and I would say it's your ex husband's loss.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565

I knew what marriage entailed. I know what "till death do us part" means.
    But I was also pressured by my Christian family. We were living together and trying to start a business...
    Realize that everything isn't always black and white.

Oh and he said he always wanted to run a business of his own and he got it.
    Did he work? Absolutely not. I got $20k from my father's death and it was GONE in less than a year because he didn't work and I paid for everything... how did I see that one coming when I was fed BS...

Hindsight is 20/20, You never know what you are truly getting when you marry someone.