2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My heart wants to make merringues, but my brain tells me not to.

The store bought ones are good too!
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    LEMMOONNN!!! Lemon! Lemon! Lemon! :heart: :love:
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump to make tonight!
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can I just use egg whites substitute in a carton to measure the grams? I suck at separating eggs.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! These sound delish and I love cooking and baking so these should be entertaining to make :)
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    How many cookies does this recipe make? Can I use stevia extract or is the Splenda important for texture, like sugar is in a lot of baked goods?
    Definitely trying these. I need to run to the store for more eggs since I gave my chickens to the neighbor. Moving in a month so chickens went bye! Bye!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Life is easier with a stand mixer! I have never failed, with the stand mixer to get egg whites or whipped cream to a nice peak.
    One trick on the meringue, make sure your bowl is completely clean and dry. A tiny amount of grease from a previous baking session will cause them to fail.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Used to have them when I was little. They're soooo good! Love the coffee flavor ones.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I make mine with real sugar ( 4 spoons of brown sugar to four egg whites = 60 calories from sugar ) and add some instant espresso coffee. I get 18 meringues from it.

60 calories from sugar

60 calories from the egg white

per meringue: 6.6 calories
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    So what you are saying is that these are actually a negative calorie food, as I know I am going to burn more cals then that cooking them .
    Oh wait...I don't cook...OK, while I watch my wife cook these.
    I can never stand still while in the kitchen.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

Great! I have to try this.lol
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Life is easier with a stand mixer! I have never failed, with the stand mixer to get egg whites or whipped cream to a nice peak.
    One trick on the meringue, make sure your bowl is completely clean and dry. A tiny amount of grease from a previous baking session will cause them to fail.

I have a stand mixer. What I don't have is motivation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why are you calling meringue a cookie? Its just not!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

LMFAO!

It would probably taste better too.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Febreeze has a vanilla scent!!?? Where have I been!?
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I will try it.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I second (or third) the stand mixer idea, if you have one. And it's essential the bowl and mixers be clean...I wipe mine down with vinegar to make sure to cut any grease that might be on them. And if you are feeling fancy (and really, if you are going through that much effort to make meringues, then you might as well go for it), spoon the meringue into a piping bag and pipe out the cookies before baking. I find I have more control with a bag, than just spooning them out onto the cookie sheet.

You can also try dusting them with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cocoa powder or my favorite...a mix of 1/4 tsp chile powder to 1T powdered Splenda (excellent on lime meringues, btw)...

If you are horrible at separating eggs, yes you can use liquid egg whites, or meringue powder found in the cake decorating section of your grocery store. (I don't know the nutritionals on the meringue powder offhand, though...just that it works!)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a sleeve of oreo's.

That's mah boy right there!