Apple Cider Vinegar anyone?

Options

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Okay you know what I give up, you want some advice on how to drink apple cider vinegar without the yucky taste? Okay here you go.

If ACV cures your ailments but normal vinegar does not then acetic acid is NOT the cause of the cure since both ACV and normal vinegar have similar amounts of acetic acid. Acetic acid is the reason for the strong taste that makes it difficult to drink but it can be neutrilized by a base. So here is what you do. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to the ACV, that will neutralize the acid and it will end up tasting more like juice than burning while not affecting whatever the magical active ingredient is.

Aw you caved. LOL You fought a good fight though.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It's not just vinegar. It's apple cider vinegar made from apples. I did not start this topic to create an argument about it. If you don't take it the that is your decision. I have had people recommend it to me so I am trying it out.
    That is all

Not trying to start an argument just confused. Vinegar is dilute acetic acid, that is what it is. Doesn't matter where it comes from anymore than ethanol distilled from grapes is any different than ethanol distilled from potatoes. If they add things to it then its the things they add that matters in which case just drop the acetic acid part and drink some juice.

I cannot imagine there is a health benefit to ingesting acetic acid.
    Organic apple cider vinegar is fermented and not treated with heat. It has a lot of probiotics, similar to homemade saurkraut or fermented kimchi. However, there are websites that claim it can cure everything from obesity to ulcers. Right! I think it's healthy but not a cure-all. I do use organic vinegars for salad dressings. I find the taste is better than the non-organics.

Again, if the active ingredient of ACV is something other than the vinegar then just neutrilize the acetic acid with a base and problem solved with regards to it being hard to drink.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I take a small amount in a glass of water most days, not been ill once since I've been doing it. Also works wonders for water infections. I think like a lot of things overdoing it wouldn't be good but with my various "old wives tales" I manage to keep myself and my family away from lining the pharmaceutical companies pockets :) Gotta love this site!
    Water infection?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Am I weird if I *LOVE* Apple Cider Vinegar on fresh, hot bacon?

WoooooW! That's sounds delicious.....:love::love: :love:
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I take a small amount in a glass of water most days, not been ill once since I've been doing it. Also works wonders for water infections. I think like a lot of things overdoing it wouldn't be good but with my various "old wives tales" I manage to keep myself and my family away from lining the pharmaceutical companies pockets :) Gotta love this site!
    Water infection?
    Yep, cystitis
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Water infection?
    Yep, cystitis

Whoa, cystitis would be aggravated by the ACV in the same way caffeine and acidic juices would.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This stupid post is still going?? Op I have a suggestion that would have been very helpful in the beginning. Why didn't you just ask the supposed "friend" who suggested you take the vinager how to take it.

Imaginary friend : hey, you should take apple cider vinager

You: ok thanks. How do you suggest I take it??

Problem solved
  • Reddelicious666
    Reddelicious666 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink a tablespoon of Braggs organic acv two times a day. I don't normally drink juice but I sometimes put it in a tiny bit of Newmans Own Mango tango juice and it really helps me choke it down. Other times I just mix with water. I'm not sure if its helping with weight loss but it gives me a nice boost of energy and has really helped my chronic migraines.
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Water infection?
    Yep, cystitis
    No, it works
    Whoa, cystitis would be aggravated by the ACV in the same way caffeine and acidic juices would.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This makes me think of the guys that would travel with covered wagons with their snake oil that heals everything. I've never heard of this. In just because.
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This stupid post is still going?? Op I have a suggestion that would have been very helpful in the beginning. Why didn't you just ask the supposed "friend" who suggested you take the vinager how to take it.

Imaginary friend : hey, you should take apple cider vinager

You: ok thanks. How do you suggest I take it??

Problem solved

My imaginary friend eh? Wow.
    And he suggested I take it with honey if I find the taste too strong.
    I was just looking for some other options....thanks for your help though.
  • LillithM
    LillithM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting it in a breakfast smoothie or something? I've heard people do that and you can't even taste it :)
  • nnix64
    nnix64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Seriously dude, do some research yourself instead of trying to make everyone on here feel like an idiot
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The only thing I use Apple Cider Vinegar for is to attract fruit flies... anything else... Nah... see no need to... it's just a placebo.
  • cindyb1984
    cindyb1984 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting it in a breakfast smoothie or something? I've heard people do that and you can't even taste it :)

I will give this a try too!
  • RockyTangs
    RockyTangs Posts: 4
    Options
    It was suggested to me by my naturopath that the Apple Cider Vinegar should be mixed with warm water and chugged. Don't add any sweeteners.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Only for sunburns. I wouldn't eat/drink that if my life depended on it, but that's me...

Also for this...
    The only thing I use Apple Cider Vinegar for is to attract fruit flies... anything else... Nah... see no need to... it's just a placebo.
  • RockyTangs
    RockyTangs Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, yes, people are mean. So can assume one of two things, they have lost all the weight they wanted to and are now acting like mean girls (guys), or they are so calorically deprived they've become jerks. :laugh:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that I should drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a big glass of water in the morning to help stimulate the organs/digestion.

I drank it, and it was so disgusting that I was nauseous for about three hours after.
    So maybe it could help you lose weight? Since you aren't eating?

haha

I like to mix it with soy sauce for a salad dressing though. But I'd never recommend drinking it on its own *blech*