2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

I have trouble keeping the shell out of my egg when I crack them.. and you want me to keep the yolk out? :laugh: Can I just pay someone to make these for me?
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump, i would like to get the motivation to try these, we will see...yum, thanks!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know... I want to try this, but it seems so labor intensive. :grumble:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    You know... I want to try this, but it seems so labor intensive. :grumble:

You'd burn the two calories making them, so really they'll end up being 0 calorie cookies! :bigsmile:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Last time I made meringues I added unsweetened baking cocoa and a little bit of powdered coffee along with the splenda and vanilla extract. They were a bit hit!
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    One question, how many cookies does this recipe make? Four egg whites are about 65 calories (and the splenda in that quantity also has some calories) so just looking for the totals. Thanks so much!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.

I hate it when things go soft...

:drinker: Why do I love you? :wink:
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a sleeve of oreo's.

Yes !!!
  • WEBAyahoo2
    WEBAyahoo2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BUMP... will make on the weekend!
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am definitely making me some 2 calorie cookies! Very good directions. IMHO baking is like most things in life. The first time you bake something it seems so complicated. Keep practicing and in a short time you can do it in your sleep. Much cheaper than buying overpriced "diet" food. :)
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

I have trouble keeping the shell out of my egg when I crack them.. and you want me to keep the yolk out? :laugh: Can I just pay someone to make these for me?

If you crack your eggs against each other, they crack better and not so fragmented and only one will crack at a time, or use a flat surface instead of the side of a pan. Learned this from my brother who is a chef. Works much better to crack eggs now and I rarely have splinters shells.
  • Shutter_bug03
    Shutter_bug03 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I cook a lot so I'm used to involved recipes, this one sounds really easy. I wonder though, can you possibly put in melted chocolate and mix it without causing the meringue to have problems? I'm really a chocolate addict so if i could add a little bit to this, i might not want a brownie!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I cook a lot so I'm used to involved recipes, this one sounds really easy. I wonder though, can you possibly put in melted chocolate and mix it without causing the meringue to have problems? I'm really a chocolate addict so if i could add a little bit to this, i might not want a brownie!

The chocolate might weigh down the meringue - maybe add cocoa to the mix then dip them in melted choc?
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    I can get 50-70 cookies out of this recipe... egg whites and splenda are about 60 calories each, hence the 2 cal "cookie"
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

bump:drinker:
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Does sweetener taste decent in baking? I can't stand it in tea and coffee, so have never tried it in baking, but maybe it's better in food than drink?
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I won't believe you unless you post pics.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Does sweetener taste decent in baking? I can't stand it in tea and coffee, so have never tried it in baking, but maybe it's better in food than drink?

I can't stand it in tea and coffee and presume it would be worse in baking, especially meringues, which have such a delicate flavour and nothing to cover the taste.
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    I hate stevia in baking, and nutrasweet isn't much better, but sucralose (Splenda) isn't too bad. Let's be honest, it's not sugar. It definitely has some grittiness as far as texture goes. As long as you add it slowly to the meringue, it doesn't ruin it.