Options

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    OPSEC

Umm... no. Not really.

Um yes, dont give up details [period]

Tell me what part of your # of family members is sensitive/confidential data as it pertains to security objectives/interests of the USG? I think you're confused with actual data that could compromise OPERATIONAL SECURITY (OPSEC), but what do I know, I only have a TS clearance.

It's a need to know thing.

You may have a TS clearance, but you need to be issued a SoH.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    OPSEC

Umm... no. Not really.

Um yes, dont give up details [period]

Tell me what part of your # of family members is sensitive/confidential data as it pertains to security objectives/interests of the USG? I think you're confused with actual data that could compromise OPERATIONAL SECURITY (OPSEC), but what do I know, I only have a TS clearance.

Posts clearance on the web, lol.

<we have a badass here gif>

Eta:This thread is ridiculous.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I like the stick figures. I think the figures are cute, kind of stupid, but that is what makes me think they are cute. I have been thinking about getting one for my dog and I.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My SO and I think the stickers are silly..BUT...if we did put one on our vehicle it would be him, me .... and the motorcycle, the boat, the jetski, the pool......

Just don't be upset when you wake up and find me lounging in your pool. :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Damnit! I got distracted again. My whole intent to post was to say...

Why is it that we live in a society where we are so paranoid of our children being abducted? The concern for me is that we have come to this culture where we don't trust each other anymore, and are working towards isolating oursleves from the rest of the people in our society.

No, I am not a Pollyanna who thinks all the world is good. I do believe however, that the vast majority of people are good, and do not intend to do harm to myself or my children. There is nothing wrong with taknig reasonable precaution, but I think we are moving in a direction that is not so great for our communities, and we are being overprotective.

It's an unholy combination of media fear mongering and narcissism. The odds of your child being abducted are small. Seriously small. That doesn't mean you ignore real dangers, but it sure doesn't mean that keeping kids inside all day is a solution.

Most children are abducted or sexually molested by a family member. No stick figure family is going to cause that.

But by pretending the whole world is out to do terrible things to your kid, your life suddenly becomes that much more important and exciting. And that's what people really enjoy.

I don't understand how someone could think that way, associating it with importance and excitement. It's really sick if people actually think that (right up there with someone making their child sick in order to go to the hospital). There are so many more rewarding things in life that are exciting and important. I don't think anyone actually wants this in their life. The reality of it is actually feeling worthless. I agree that it is usually by someone that is known to the child. Even a lot of the abductions are by people that are known to the child as well (I don't think people realize that). Even a lot of murders are from domestic violence situations (of which there has been an escalation up to that point and the offender has a documented history with it). But, even if a stranger was going to commit the crime, the stickers would not facilitate it.
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the zombie ones for my cat, my hubby and myself on the back of one of our cars. No names. I just really dig zombies but I do hate the actual stick figure ones.
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Family Stick People. Question is: Why would anyone put stick people on their vehicle? Not only it shows how many people, children and pets that are in your household..let alone names below the stickers. Nothing like a stranger luring your child off of school grounds by calling out their name. Why make it an easy target for someone to break into your house KNOWING how many people or what kind of animals that are in your house? Or say if one of your stick people is dressed up as a football player or basketball player..That stranger knows that child plays sports. The least amount of public information made available about you and your family will result in the fewest amount of opportunities for anything to occur at the hands of any potential predators.

So then you are opposed to Facebook, Mfp and anything that would put any of your personal stuff out there???? Facebook has a TON more out there. The stick figures are fun.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mszjpdkgh21qz4rgp.jpg
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1350678976639_2187313.png
  • kandeelopez
    kandeelopez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We saw some on the back of a Prius the other day--there were at least 8 people, 4 cats, and 3 dogs. My son said, "they're obviously clowns." We laughed.

Funny guy your son! :-)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    We have stick figures on our SUV... a deep sea diver, mermaid and 4 boys wearing scuba gear. Gosh, I hope people don't actually think I am part fish!
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So glad I live my life without imagining pedophiles and murderers constantly lurking around me. And I live in a city!

But don't you know, everyone is a pedophile or murderer! -sigh- I hate how paranoid everyone is about every little thing.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to live our lives in fear?
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    carolinagirlinva, If your profile pic didn't show your legs, I might be convinced! Lol.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    I hate stick men on cars..

But more than that I hate the newest craze eyelashes on cars..

car-eyelashes-3-110-p_zps2c79c6bf.jpg
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Paranoid much? I don't have a stick figure family on the back of my minivan, but anyone who can count to 4 can easily tell how many children I have just by looking, and, you know, counting the kids as we stroll down the grocery store aisles.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    carolinagirlinva, If your profile pic didn't show your legs, I might be convinced! Lol.

I'm just very good at photoshop! :wink:

Here's our stickers...
    14117951847_d2a4167c03_s.jpg

...but apparently suck at embedding pics to the right size! Sorry it's so tiny.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I want to be a mermaid when I grow up!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I think it's very important to avoid sharing personal information with strangers, so whenever someone new asks my name, I just slap them and run away.