2 Calorie Cookies

Replies

• greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    In because I'm a sucker for low cal sweets.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    I hate stevia in baking, and nutrasweet isn't much better, but sucralose (Splenda) isn't too bad. Let's be honest, it's not sugar. It definitely has some grittiness as far as texture goes. As long as you add it slowly to the meringue, it doesn't ruin it.

Cool! will give splenda a try then...it's worth a shot! I can always give them to my family if I don't like them ;)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

I have trouble keeping the shell out of my egg when I crack them.. and you want me to keep the yolk out? :laugh: Can I just pay someone to make these for me?

You can pay me to make them for you!!! I'm going to make something weekend.. :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    I am going to try them!
    I am already breaking out in "guilt hives" for enjoying the drama. :explode:
  • jschwend1
    jschwend1 Posts: 15
    Meringues will go soft if they absorb any moisture from the air, so they have to be totally sealed off - I recommend an airtight container, plus a layer of plastic wrap over the top before you put the cover on.
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.
    [/quote

I agree, air tight container is a must as well as waiting until they are completely cool before storing them. My husband finished a batch of these, and we were headed out for a few hours....while they were slightly warm, he put them in a sealed container and we had mushy meringue forever! LOL!
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    bump for lemon!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    I make mine with real sugar ( 4 spoons of brown sugar to four egg whites = 60 calories from sugar ) and add some instant espresso coffee. I get 18 meringues from it.

60 calories from sugar

60 calories from the egg white

per meringue: 6.6 calories
    This I have to try!
  • aimeealee
    aimeealee Posts: 36 Member
    I am always up for a homemade healthy cookie. Gonna give this a try. I suppose using honey would be too heavy. That would make it a little more healthy.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    I've made these before. Trust me, they taste absolutely delicious! (:
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    For those that find the "true" meringue a little too cumbersome, here's an alternative.

Take a few egg whites (or egg white mix from a carton you lazy, lazy, people)... put them in a bowl and mix in artificial sweetener of choice (has to be a powder type variety) until you have something the consistency of like play-dough, or silly putty, or a semi-goopy clay.

Roll them into balls the size of a small grape, and put them on some wax paper (space em out!), or maybe one per cupcake holder.

Microwave on high for about 30 seconds and watch the magic!

Eat.
    My two favorite words, together: lazy and, eat! Sounds great, thanks as well for the youtube video (rather reminds me of peeps-in-the microwave videos):smooched: . Thanks!!
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I have some belgium chocolate matcha powder and think it would work great with this.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Can I just use egg whites substitute in a carton to measure the grams? I suck at separating eggs.

Crack your eggs in a bowl, then grab a clean water bottle. Turn it upside down, squeeze it, stick the opening over a yolk, then let go. It sucks the yolk inside the bottle and any egg white that gets sucked up falls right back out. It's awesome!

Oh, and the yolk stays completely intact!

Now I just want to go play with eggs. lol

Might add these to my list of things to make this weekend.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

MMMmmmMMMM, Sound's so rewarding! :happy:
  • wink212
    wink212 Posts: 46 Member
    bump
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    Bump for later! YUM!
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

I have trouble keeping the shell out of my egg when I crack them.. and you want me to keep the yolk out? :laugh: Can I just pay someone to make these for me?

You can pay me to make them for you!!! I'm going to make something weekend.. :flowerforyou:

Do you deliver also? :smile:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    we make these at christmas time, little cocoa powder works good too :D
    we shape them like muchrooms, dunno why, thats how grandma did it.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

Love it!
  • McCluskey1128
    McCluskey1128 Posts: 88 Member
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Couldn't agree more. With all of it. I think it sounds awesome.
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Nice idea! Will give these a go :smile: thanks