2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I guess people don't cook anymore. Sounds good to me. I think I'll try lemon flavor. I love lemon merengue pie. :happy:

I've taken low cal lemon pudding and put it in a cupcake foil and tin, and put the meringue on top, baked at 400 for 4 mins, and then threw in the fridge for no crust, low cal lemon meringue "pie" as well.

This sounds great! Best part I have all the ingredients in my pantry as we speak!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.
    Not even going to lie, I was thinking the exact same thing. and IDEGAF.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    FYI::::::::: make sure your AC is on , humidity and they will not bake properly and you end up with sticky goo, same with storing them!!!

:smile:
    Dead serious... Meringue is so good for a treat, but you have to be extremely diligent to get this right.

Take out four eggs and let them sit for an hour or so to get them to room temp... You can even sit them in warm water, but not too hot.

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

Using a handheld electric mixer, start beating the eggs for a minute or two until they get foamy, but not too firm. Add one to two teaspoons of cream of tartar, or some salt.

Beat the eggs on high until they are stiff, then beat some more.

Here is a tricky part... 4 eggs will require 1/2 cup of Splenda, or Stevia equivalent. Spoon in one tbsp at a time while continuing to beat at high speed. DO NOT ADD THE SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ANY FASTER!

While continuing to beat at high speed add some vanilla extract, and if you are feeling saucy an additional extract. Almond or Lemon work very well. Beat for a little more (it's almost impossible to overbeat)

Have your oven preheated to 225, no higher. Spoon the mix onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, this will make it less sticky. Each cookie should be a little smaller than a Ping pong ball.

Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off after 30 minutes, but leave the tray in there for at least another 90 minutes.

Take me out and store them in a covered container... If they last that long.

They will be sweet and crispy and literally melt In Your mouth
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Thanks OP :)
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lol, its funny to see how many people say this a lot of work. Obviously, they have never baked anything before. Not trying to be rude...just stating my opinion.
  • JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    I make them at christmas time... I add a touch of green food coloring and mint, then pipe them out into little xmas trees... tasty for sure!

I also make mine at Christmas time and pipe them out into Santa hats and add red sugar (yep the real stuff) to the top for decoration :happy:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    In to try some of these recipes out.

To the hangry people upset with everyone joking around, go eat a real cookie and grab a sense of humor. Hell, even the OP knows everyone is just joking around. I literally haven't seen anything rude posted in this thread except for the hangry chic on the front page.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Meringues will go soft if they absorb any moisture from the air, so they have to be totally sealed off - I recommend an airtight container, plus a layer of plastic wrap over the top before you put the cover on.
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.
    [/quote

I agree, air tight container is a must as well as waiting until they are completely cool before storing them. My husband finished a batch of these, and we were headed out for a few hours....while they were slightly warm, he put them in a sealed container and we had mushy meringue forever! LOL!

That's what I did wrong! I'm sure I didn't wait for them to cool knowing me. Thank you. Btw these aren't really any harder to make than any other cookie really. It's just a little attention to detail. And yeah I would so rather have peanut butter Oreos & I could fit a few of those in my day but for only a couple of calories these are decent.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I guess people don't cook anymore. Sounds good to me. I think I'll try lemon flavor. I love lemon merengue pie. :happy:

Damn straight. Just to prove this can be done. Or rose water for flavour?
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options

Damn straight. Just to prove this can be done. Or rose water for flavour?

Lemon extract works far better than lemon juice here
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

I've taken low cal lemon pudding and put it in a cupcake foil and tin, and put the meringue on top, baked at 400 for 4 mins, and then threw in the fridge for no crust, low cal lemon meringue "pie" as well.

This sounds great! Best part I have all the ingredients in my pantry as we speak!

I make them at christmas time... I add a touch of green food coloring and mint, then pipe them out into little xmas trees... tasty for sure!
    I also make mine at Christmas time and pipe them out into Santa hats and add red sugar (yep the real stuff) to the top for decoration happy

both also awesome ideas!!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    For those that find the "true" meringue a little too cumbersome, here's an alternative.

Take a few egg whites (or egg white mix from a carton you lazy, lazy, people)... put them in a bowl and mix in artificial sweetener of choice (has to be a powder type variety) until you have something the consistency of like play-dough, or silly putty, or a semi-goopy clay.

Roll them into balls the size of a small grape, and put them on some wax paper (space em out!), or maybe one per cupcake holder.

Microwave on high for about 30 seconds and watch the magic!

Eat.

no fricking way ?!?!?! i have got to try this my 4 yo twins are OBSESSED with microwave "magic" like how the popcorn bags fill up and the marshmallows grow...
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    bump
  • pjarellano
    pjarellano Posts: 18
    Options
    wow thanks! guess what I am doing in the morning
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Made these, but I think I messed up somewhere. They came out cute but they were too dry. It was like egg powder when in your mouth. I thought meringue cookies were chewy in the center. Flavor wise too eggy and needed more sugar, I used 1/2c splenda. I also tried 1 teaspoon almond extract, which smelled great but have it a bitter taste at the end. I think the problem was that I didn't mix it enough. I had previously read that when making meringues the egg whites should be shiny and mine were not.

I may try this again but make half the recipe. Though it probably won't be soon, cause while I do enjoy baking. These took to long.

My results (mfp y ur img code so hard)
    295skjs.jpg
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Based on the OP's recipe, how many do these make?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    The recipe can make 50-70 cookies.

Btw... These will NOT be chewy. They will melt like cotton candy almost in your mouth.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The recipe can make 50-70 cookies.

Btw... These will NOT be chewy. They will melt like cotton candy almost in your mouth.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, quit teasing. I am going to try to make these tonight but the dang eggs are still too cold to mess with. :tongue: