Dr Oz 2 Week Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My friend Dawn has been on this lifestyle change from Dr. Oz for a month now and she has had amazing results. She has lost 16 pounds and 3 inches off her waist! I have seen her from start to now, and she has stuck with it faithfully. I, myself, just started the change today - It's not hard ... You just need to buckle down and do what it says. I consulted my own Doctor before starting and he believes it is a great change. Lean Protein, All You Can Eat Veggies, Fruit & Low Carbs. This is basically the way a person should be eating instead of fast food and processed food. I hope to make this a lifestyle change and not just a "diet" for two weeks. I feel really good, alert and energized.

I understant where people say Not to listen to Dr. Oz - because he promotes so many things. But aside from it being "his" diet plan, it really does put a person on the success train if they cut out all the bad foods. - Just saying.

Anyways, Good Luck !
  • Danielle721007
    Danielle721007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My friend Dawn has been on this lifestyle change from Dr. Oz for a month now and she has had amazing results. She has lost 16 pounds and 3 inches off her waist! I have seen her from start to now, and she has stuck with it faithfully. I, myself, just started the change today - It's not hard ... You just need to buckle down and do what it says. I consulted my own Doctor before starting and he believes it is a great change. Lean Protein, All You Can Eat Veggies, Fruit & Low Carbs. This is basically the way a person should be eating instead of fast food and processed food. I hope to make this a lifestyle change and not just a "diet" for two weeks. I feel really good, alert and energized.

I understant where people say Not to listen to Dr. Oz - because he promotes so many things. But aside from it being "his" diet plan, it really does put a person on the success train if they cut out all the bad foods. - Just saying.

Anyways, Good Luck !
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "all you can eat" veggies and fruits is NOT low carb.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Anyways, Good Luck !

What are these...(how you say?)..."bad foods"?

I am not familiar with these...except insofar as foods are "bad" when they have spoiled or are rotten. Agreed, cut those out.

Whatever these foods are (in your mind), I suspect that my own success train had plenty of them on board.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is the biggest pimp on TV. I don't listen to anything he says.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Shame on Dr. Oz. I watched that whole episode, because I recorded it on DVR, mainly because I'm an idiot, and something always draws me to the "rapid weight loss" crap. Anyways, if he was really wanting to be honest, he should have said that most of the weight loss was water loss, but no, he didn't even mention that once. Ok, the whole audience did it and the average weight loss over 2 weeks was 9 pds. I would estimate that probably 5 of those pounds was from water loss, so that would mean you lost about 2 pds a week for that 2 weeks. You can do that anyway by eating at your calorie level. So shame on him, and shame on me for even watching it!
  • jenns25
    jenns25 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been following Dr. Oz weight loss tips and guide. I’m wondering what the best substitute is If I were to cut down carbs on my diet. I’m a rice and bread person I think I just have to do it in moderation.
    http://femalefatloss.net
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Anyways, Good Luck !

What are these...(how you say?)..."bad foods"?

I am not familiar with these...except insofar as foods are "bad" when they have spoiled or are rotten. Agreed, cut those out.

Whatever these foods are (in your mind), I suspect that my own success train had plenty of them on board.

Bump...

...because I'd still like to know.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to sound negative or anything, but ALL of these diets, including the great and wonderful Dr. Oz, all have one thing in common: Eating less calories. That's it. Ones like these they call rapid weight loss is because a great majority of the weight loss is water loss, not fat loss. If you just stick to your calorie deficit, you can include a little of those junk foods that caused you to gain in the first place. After all, can you see yourself never eating another piece of cake at a wedding, or trying to resist that candy bar from time to time? Life just wouldn't be worth living if we had to eat the way Dr. Oz rapid weight loss said. Heck, he even said at the end of the show that if you go back to eating carbs you will gain the weight back. Duh, that's because the rapid weight loss part was water loss. Does that make sense?
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    Dr Oz is a load of crap. He's all for weight loss pills. That alone is a huge red flag. I wouldn't follow his recommendations even if i was being paid to do so.
  • sportyster
    Options
    My husband and I followed this diet for 2 weeks, it allowed us (mostly him) to pay attention to what we were eating, especially when I wasn't around to monitor his diet for him. He doesn't have the knowledge, will power or motivation to count calories where as this "diet" allowed him to eat properly without the hassle of counting calories. Now that he's lost some pounds and is feeling much better health wise, he's much more motivated to continue with better eating habits. This diet isn't meant to be long term and in actuality, it basically tricks a person into better eating habits without freaking the out. If I had of told him we were cutting out wheat, sugar and caffeine for life, he probably would have freaked out and thought his life was over. When I told him we're going to do this for 2 weeks then he can go back to eating how he wants, he was fine. Once the 2 weeks were up and he seen results both physically and mentally, he now realizes how making a lifestyle change is the answer.

People don't need to be condescending about this just because their opinions differ. Every one is different and making life style changes for better health is harder for some than others. If this 2 week program helps someone make the leap to better eating habits for health and weight, then go for it. It doesn't mean staying on this diet for the rest of your life but it might benefit some like it did for my husband.
  • sabaker98
    Options
    Well everyone has an opinion! I like Dr. Oz but do not see him as the Guru he thinks he is. He is a messenger of information, you can take it or leave it. There is some solid information that he provides, and I can say his 2 week diet is AWESOME. It taps into the mental side of eating and reprograms your mind around being so dependent on caffeine, sugar and red meat. I work out but have a very demanding corporate job and sometimes find myself eating on the fly. This Oz program forces you to food prep and prepping is the key to any weight loss program. With all said, I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I am thankful to Dr. Oz for sharing this program. Fat sucks so I will take this diet any day. It was very easy and loaded with healthy food options.
  • chrystyna01
    Options
    My first suggestion would be to stop listening to anything Dr Oz says, he is a sell-out, tv quack and doesn't know a damn thing about nutrition. He says what will make him $$.

THIS^^^^^

Amen!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    How have you been on this site since Jan 2011 with over 800 posts and not know that Dr. Oz's weightloss information isn't 99.99% sellout bull?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Well everyone has an opinion! I like Dr. Oz but do not see him as the Guru he thinks he is. He is a messenger of information, you can take it or leave it. There is some solid information that he provides, and I can say his 2 week diet is AWESOME. It taps into the mental side of eating and reprograms your mind around being so dependent on caffeine, sugar and red meat. I work out but have a very demanding corporate job and sometimes find myself eating on the fly. This Oz program forces you to food prep and prepping is the key to any weight loss program. With all said, I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I am thankful to Dr. Oz for sharing this program. Fat sucks so I will take this diet any day. It was very easy and loaded with healthy food options.

I'd be interested to hear, how much of the 12 lbs stays off, long term. When did you do the 'diet?' And, what did you do after the 'diet?' How long has it been since you completed the 2 weeks, and how much of the 12 lbs have you kept off?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

I'd be interested to hear, how much of the 12 lbs stays off, long term. When did you do the 'diet?' And, what did you do after the 'diet?' How long has it been since you completed the 2 weeks, and how much of the 12 lbs have you kept off?
    We know it's impossible to lose 12 pounds of fat in 2 weeks unless you're extremely obese. I'm guessing probably 8 pounds of it water due to glycogen depletion.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz=worthless shill
  • dkaleta
    dkaleta Posts: 1
    Options
    I researched Dr. Oz's 2 week jump start program. There is a lot of science out there now that speaks to the dangerous effect that the typical American diet has on a person's health. His 2 week jump start is designed to reduce the cravings you have for high fat, high sugary foods so that you start to naturally choose healthy foods for your body. He isn't advocating some wacky eating plan. It's low fat, high quality foods. Each day includes plenty of GOOD carbs- fresh vegetables, a healthy serving of berries, brown rice etc… He is asking you to give up processed, refined sugars and BAD carbs. The diary is limited because new research suggest that many Americans are allergic to dairy. The dairy is limited to healthy unsweetened Almond milk and unsweetened greek yogurt. The protein is lean and healthy, too. And remember, this is a too week JUMP START. After the 2 weeks, he says don't go back to eating junk and once you reduce your cravings on this plan it is easier to choose healthy, life sustaining foods. He isn't selling anything. There is no book, product etc… Everything is from the grocery store and affordable for all. I've been on the plan and feel so much better that I did when I ate all that junk before trying this.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My mom likes Dr. Oz. My mom also told me I shouldn't lift heavy weights because one time Crocodile Dundee had an aneurysm from benching too much.

What we've learned: Don't listen to my mom.
  • jennufer1
    jennufer1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. People want to dis on Dr Oz go ahead it's called freedom of speech! My husband and I have been on this plan since the end of January. He has lost 45 pounds and I have lost 40. But even better than that is how great we feel. For me sleeping better was a godsend. Once I was on this plan for a few days I noticed a huge difference in my body and it was all positive!! We have no desire to eat foods that are not healthy and good for us! It came naturally as a result of feeling so much better in every way.
    So you can read other peoples words or go by actual results, the proof is in the pudding (but don't eat it)