OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    It's true. I cannot tell a lie. That is why I only wear my tightest yoga pants to the park next to the senior center. Someone needs to motive those old folks!

Humor is welcome as well! Great response.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    After losing 64 LBS , after having 2 children and being 51, I was flattered to recently have a 20-something store clerk flirt with me. Even my daughter noticed. It made me feel good. As long as it's not intrusive or lewd, I'm ok with it.
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you notice the Fun and Games section of this. The topics titled Would you sleep with the person above you ...or Naked swimsuit or clothed... or pass hug spank marry or date....All or most of these threads are started by the ladies Just saying If ladies say they hate when being stared at, Why are all these threads being started by them then.. We men aren't starting these flirt threads :smile:

#manlogic:

A girl wants some fun, flirting affirmation in an online forum. ALL WOMEN WANT THE D.

This forum is exactly like real life, and exactly like the varied responses in this specific thread. Some gals don't mind, some enjoy, and some would prefer you keep your eyes/comments focused on yourself. Keep in mind, we're talking about interaction at the gym, not a bar.

I'd recommend you air on the side of caution, unless you happen to recognize one of the butt selfies from the flirting forum in real life, then I'm sure you are welcome to stare away. **edit - this is sarcasm.

Can we all agree that whispering things under your breath at a woman as she walks by needs to stop?? There is nothing I hate more than seeing a guy's eyes track my progress across the floor until he is finally close enough to say something under his breath like "dang girl" or "ooh yeahhh."
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    <<<<<Hey, hey, hey. This is my face! Not my butt. I know it's hard to tell, but this hurts all my feelz.

The Funniest thing in this post is that girls with statements like "I don't care If they stare at me" or "I don't even pay attention" have profile pictures with their butts. Hey girls, you show your butt in a webpage to strangers and you are telling us you don't want to have "the looks" on it when you work out at gym?

You, ma'am, are hilarious
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ok, a couple of things to take away......look but don't stare.....mirrors are at the gym for a reason, try to be a bit more stealth about it....you shouldn't need more than a second or two to see what you wanted to see.....if you didn't get it....too bad, get your eyes checked....move on

and

if you're a decent looking guy, you are less likely to be thought of as creepy, unless you blatantly stare like a psycho....you'll get a pass there.....pat yourself on the back and go on about your day......if you're not, well sir....best of luck

lastly

women aren't universal......opinions of you are going to be drawn on a case by case basis .....if they don't like something, you'll know right away.....learn to read body language and cues

\m/
  • Hophead43
    Options
    Women do plenty of checking out as well, but they are a lot stealthier about it than guys are. Learn from them.

Teach us your ways on Yoda of leering!! LOL
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    This what I've heard: If women aren't attracted to you, yes it bothers them. If you're her type, she doesn't mind.

However.. I still find it creepy, but that's just me.

+1
  • Hophead43
    Options
    ok, a couple of things to take away......look but don't stare.....mirrors are at the gym for a reason, try to be a bit more stealth about it....you shouldn't need more than a second or two to see what you wanted to see.....if you didn't get it....too bad, get your eyes checked....move on

and

if you're a decent looking guy, you are less likely to be thought of as creepy, unless you blatantly stare like a psycho....you'll get a pass there.....pat yourself on the back and go on about your day......if you're not, well sir....best of luck

lastly

women aren't universal......opinions of you are going to be drawn on a case by case basis .....if they don't like something, you'll know right away.....learn to read body language and cues

\m/

Well said!!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It is so hard not to notice fit women wearing yoga pants!!!! Greatest invention ever!!!!
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I love it, if guys or girls are checking me out then it makes me think "hey I must look good" and I get a kick out of that.
  • Elenagreek
    Elenagreek Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't know which of the 3 girls you are but all of them are pretty...don't need to show any butt :P
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    Women do plenty of checking out as well, but they are a lot stealthier about it than guys are. Learn from them.

Teach us your ways on Yoda of leering!! LOL

Ready you are not. :bigsmile:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I felt uncomfortable being stared at in my old gym, but I think they were looking because I was the only woman besides a trainer who worked there who picked up anything more than a 10lb dumbbell. If they got into leering, it would not have ended well. But they were all courteous, reracked their weight, asked to work in sets, etc.

Hoping to get into the gym here, hoping the patrons are just as nice.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice. I only look at my own muscles working.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know, I'm not good-looking :sick:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I consider being 'checked out' as a compliment most of the time, but then there's leering ....not good :ohwell:

And yes...size does matter :laugh:
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I don't even notice. I only look at my own muscles working.

Lol yes I also check mysel out
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    The Funniest thing in this post is that girls with statements like "I don't care If they stare at me" or "I don't even pay attention" have profile pictures with their butts. Hey girls, you show your butt in a webpage to strangers and you are telling us you don't want to have "the looks" on it when you work out at gym?

^^^ This is a bunch of crap, my avatar picture is not my face because I don't want complete strangers seeing my face, and I have worked my a** off literally to look the way that I do so I am going to show that off on a site where "fitness" is the main focus.

Now on to the OP.

1st of all the idea that the OP thinks that because I choose to go to a gym where there are actual weights and actual equipment to do what I want to do instead of going to an all women facility with none of the above mentioned then I must be wanting to be stared at is complete nonsense and just plain ignorant.
    2nd of all I find it crazy that there is actually a discussion / debate going on about how women dress in the gym and if they are doing it for comfort or for looks. WHO CARES!! Srsly!! I workout in a pair of capris and a tank most the time, other times I wear a pair of sweats and a tee shirt. Yeah, tighter pants might provoke more looks from the men but when I am in the gym I am there to workout, bust my *kitten* and GTFO!! I don't keep tabs of who is there, and who is looking at me and for how long, and if said look qualify as just a look or a creepy stare. Give me a break! Ain't nobody got time for that! Sheesh!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I'll be the girl in the
    sports bra and spandex shorts
    because
    baggy shorts and a t-shirt
    will flap open (more revealing than skin-tight) and flop over my face and get in my way when i'm doing my full BW routine.

you can look. you can even smile. just keep it PG13 and leave me the hell alone.