OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow! Not that was some honesty for your *kitten*!! (No pun intended) I really don't find myself to be misogynistic.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm quite oblivious to what other people are doing, at the gym, on the street, wherever. Unless someone actually SAYS something, I have no idea.

So, long story short, IDGAF. Just don't be a creep about it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I find that men with good intentions can come off as really creepy and they have no clue. You might think you're just subtly glancing at that cute girl, but all she hears is, "Stranger Danger! Creeper Alert!" And that's no bueno. Men don't know how to be subtle, for the most part.

Then there are those girls that take every glance in their direction as an insult. "Everyone at the gym was staring at me and it made me really uncomfortable. Does everyone hate me?" Okay, these ladies are super insecure, but they exist, believe me.

Then there are those women that know exactly why you're looking and love the attention. The, "Yeah, boy, I know I'm fine as hell," kind of girl. I'd love to be that girl, but a tiny bit less self-centered.

I'd think that, if you're at the gym, you're there to work out, not check out girls. I don't go to the gym anymore since I have my own set-up at home, but what would annoy me about being stared at is that these guys should be lifting, not staring. I just wouldn't pay them any attention, I think.

I didn't get many looks when I went to the gym. That was fine by me. My husband says he sees guys checking out the hot girls in there quite often when he goes now.
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    I don't want someone ogling me, but it's human nature to look at people, especially people you find attractive. It's not offensive as long as it isn't creepy.

It's only creepy if they aren't attractive.....

Define attractive, since this is different for everyone.

Would you find this attractive:

3.jpg

Or would it be more like this:
    3d1f5822e1aa8eb16256664fbfad1f01.jpg

And what if I said the top one??
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Can we all agree that whispering things under your breath at a woman as she walks by needs to stop?? There is nothing I hate more than seeing a guy's eyes track my progress across the floor until he is finally close enough to say something under his breath like "dang girl" or "ooh yeahhh."

That's just sad.......and pathetic. I think I would call them out on it. Or kick them in the nuts. Whichever is easier.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Dear PA,

As long as you're asking, why not ask if size matters?

Signed,
    A Concerned Citizen

^ LOL

Not to me. It truly is whether you know how to use AND control it ;)
  • RozzeleS
    RozzeleS Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't care what you do, just don't interrupt me. Chances are I'm not even paying attention.

This :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lame post is lame. I'm being honest.

35516214.jpg
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    After turning 30 and 2 kids...I'd love if men/women/dogs/cats check me out ...anywhere anytime :laugh:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s. If someone looks, I'm kind of happy about it. That is, until they ask me if I'm feeling okay today. :ohwell:
  • nilleah
    Options
    To the OP's original question, looking is fine and yes it is flattering, to me anyway. Staring the entire length of the gym I run or making crude comments, not so much.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Lame post is lame. I'm being honest.

35516214.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if the OP was PMing the girls who are ok with it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    When people check me out at the gym I just assume it is because of the amount of weight I am lifting. It's more than most people at my gym.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't want someone ogling me, but it's human nature to look at people, especially people you find attractive. It's not offensive as long as it isn't creepy.

It's only creepy if they aren't attractive.....

Define attractive, since this is different for everyone.

Would you find this attractive:

3.jpg

Or would it be more like this:
    3d1f5822e1aa8eb16256664fbfad1f01.jpg

And what if I said the top one??

Yeah, seriously... comparing packages... big boy's got something to brag about! :wink:
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow! Not that was some honesty for your *kitten*!! (No pun intended) I really don't find myself to be misogynistic.

Hey, I didn't call you a perverted a-hole. There's some silver lining here somewhere.
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters whether you are good looking or not.... but

blatantly staring is creepy as hell both men to women and women to men...

However appreciating the hard work someone has put in to improve their body from afar is perfectly Ok in my opinion....
  • nilleah
    Options

#manlogic:

**face palm**

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow, she's bitter eh?

It is normal for men to look. It's called testosterone. Lighten up. Goodness..
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just find the treadmill behind this, get on, and chase.......

262b7l5.gif

I prefer men but even I would check that out :laugh:

Straight girls can appreciate a nice butt, too, ya know
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options

#manlogic:

**face palm**

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow, she's bitter eh?

It is normal for men to look. It's called testosterone. Lighten up. Goodness..

Yes, because I must be bitter if I prefer men to respect me.

To each their own. I'm not out here bashing the ladies who don't mind with the attention, how about you let me have my opinion and find a way to express your own?