OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of my kids. Dad, he is looking at me! How do you know he is? Because I looked at him.

How do you know the guys in the gym are looking at you?

You're right. Men never look at anyone.

Silly women, just making up things!

Never said men don't look. They just don't try to hide it. Unlike women. Go to my gym, they won't bother you there. Now the social gym across the street is like that.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Women lie...they like it. Sorry ladies you do. (Listen to this old bag she knows)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe men should be more discreet like the women.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just don't stare at me longer than 15 seconds and then follow me to the grocery store and ask me out...

That's not flattery, that's creepy :angry:
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Women lie...they like it. Sorry ladies you do. (Listen to this old bag she knows)

Wow, you managed to fit a whole lot of terrible into two short sentences. Congratulations.
  • EBridge91
    EBridge91 Posts: 1
    Options
    its one thing to stare and another just to look. maybe catching each other looking... that's cute lol. but no staring.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    Options

Wow, you managed to fit a whole lot of terrible into two short sentences. Congratulations.
    Your are welcome
    You*
  • hiphopbunnie
    Options
    i dont' speak for all women but i personally hate it...
    i just want to go about my day under the radar =/
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't care what you do, just don't interrupt me. Chances are I'm not even paying attention.

This all day
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just find the treadmill behind this, get on, and chase.......

262b7l5.gif

I prefer men but even I would check that out :laugh:

Straight girls can appreciate a nice butt, too, ya know

One word: JEALOUS!!!!

Yeah that's certainly a backside to strive for :love:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just find the treadmill behind this, get on, and chase.......

262b7l5.gif

I prefer men but even I would check that out :laugh:

Straight girls can appreciate a nice butt, too, ya know

One word: JEALOUS!!!!

Yeah that's certainly a backside to strive for :love:
    It is not unattractive.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    a few random comments...

- at the gym, it seems more socially acceptable for men to wear loose shorts / pants. I imagine that there may be a level of discomfort for a man who decided to wear tight, package revealing, shorts when he’s lifting. So even if it IS more comfortable, he’ll throw a pair of looser shorts overtop.
    It seems to be more acceptable for women to not wear those looser shorts overtop, and so therefore we don’t.

- society seems to be more than ok with wearing clothing that is so tight you can make out the entire shape of boobs or butt, but not so much with the male package. If you see head or balls… it’s typically frowned upon. (Not sure why, but it is – and really shouldn’t be). If someone made shorts that emphasized a man’s butt but not his package, I bet that would be a hit. (Again, the package is lovely, and shouldn’t be a source of shame or need to cover up, but it is what it is).

- I don’t have a lot of money. I can’t buy a “boxing outfit” and a “lifting outfit” and a “running outfit”… so I go with the most versatile one.
    Boxing: tight shirt so no one sees up or down when I’m planking
    Running: tight shorts or tight athletic pants - a) nothing is worse than having your shorts crawl up and wedge into a ball by the vj. HORRIBLE. b) thigh rashes are horrible c) I overheat, so the less the better

Therefore – my workout clothes consist of: fitted shorts, fitted athletic pants (love my lulu), sports bra, and tank. I wear the same thing for all activities.

oh, and eta... considering as I have seen other topics about it... men may prefer looser shorts due to spontaneous arousal. Tight shorts would be more revealing of that, and creeper or not, the man may be judged harshly for it. (Again - nothing wrong with it, just dumbass society)
  • Emedina1987
    Options
    When I was in college we had a huge gym for students and I always tried to go when the least amount of people would be there, which was usually any time before 12. I don't like being talked to at them gym. I didn't even like going with my friends because they would just want to walk on the treadmill and talk. No thanks. I'm there to workout, not socialize. But that's just me. I workout at home now and I like it so much more
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow! Not that was some honesty for your *kitten*!! (No pun intended) I really don't find myself to be misogynistic.

Wow, she's bitter eh?

It is normal for men to look. It's called testosterone. Lighten up. Goodness..

Yes, because I must be bitter if I prefer men to respect me.

To each their own. I'm not out here bashing the ladies who don't mind with the attention, how about you let me have my opinion and find a way to express your own?

First of all, I did express my own opinion in another post.

Second, calling someone misogynistic because he asked if women minded being looked at is a pretty damn far stretch. Were some of his comments ignorant? Yes but I really don't think he was bashing women here. I think he was just sincerely asking a question.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Yeah, no I f*cking don't. Having a vagina does not make me the exact same as you. Shocker, I know.

And for the men complaining in this thread about double standards and stuff - when women become the #1 cause of injury in men, like men are for women, we'll talk. While I realize that you (general) likely haven't contributed to that statistic, it IS the cause of many women being put off by advances and feeling generally uncomfortable/judged. Instead of recognizing and respecting them, we call them teases or frigid b*tches.

Women are treated as objects in movies, the media, video games, real life, etc - it's to the point that men don't even realize that they are doing anything wrong, because that's just how it is. In the running shoe aisle in my fitness store, they sell pepper spray in the ladies aisle, and muscle building powders in the mens. That's pretty much everything wrong, in a single example.

edit: words
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the look and the person making it.

I've seen guys give appreciative looks and that's cool and imo a ego booster.

Then there are the guys who stare like a starving dog under a buffet table... less attractive and definitely creepy.

You also have the ones who stare and make you want to get out of the gym before it gets dark, hoping you parked under a light....then dial 911 with your finger on the send button while you walk to your car.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

have you seen this article? It's long, but SOOOOO worth the read!
    https://medium.com/human-parts/a-gentlemens-guide-to-rape-culture-7fc86c50dc4c

Seriously. Read this.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    oh, and eta... considering as I have seen other topics about it... men may prefer looser shorts due to spontaneous arousal. Tight shorts would be more revealing of that, and creeper or not, the man may be judged harshly for it. (Again - nothing wrong with it, just dumbass society)

Just like meaty female thighs eat looser shorts. I've yet to see a male runner with his shorts bunched into his crotch. Mine do immediately upon hitting the "start" button on the treadmill.

ETA - just to be clear on the random comment I'm responding to.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    Options

Yeah, no I f*cking don't. Having a vagina does not make me the exact same as you. Shocker, I know.

And for the men complaining in this thread about double standards and stuff - when women become the #1 cause of injury in men, like men are for women, we'll talk. While I realize that you (general) likely haven't contributed to that statistic, it IS the cause of many women being put off by advances and feeling generally uncomfortable/judged. Instead of recognizing and respecting them, we call them teases or frigid b*tches.

Women are treated as objects in movies, the media, video games, real life, etc - it's to the point that men don't even realize that they are doing anything wrong, because that's just how it is. In the running shoe aisle in my fitness store, they sell pepper spray in the ladies aisle, and muscle building powders in the mens. That's pretty much everything wrong, in a single example.

edit: words

Sorry if I offended you, however when I said that, I wasn't pointing fingers at you. I didn't swear either. In general women do tend to lie. It happens more so with youngsters. Truth hurts I now. Men can be creepy I agree.

*know
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow! Not that was some honesty for your *kitten*!! (No pun intended) I really don't find myself to be misogynistic.

Wow, she's bitter eh?

It is normal for men to look. It's called testosterone. Lighten up. Goodness..

Yes, because I must be bitter if I prefer men to respect me.

To each their own. I'm not out here bashing the ladies who don't mind with the attention, how about you let me have my opinion and find a way to express your own?

First of all, I did express my own opinion in another post.

Second, calling someone misogynistic because he asked if women minded being looked at is a pretty damn far stretch. Were some of his comments ignorant? Yes but I really don't think he was bashing women here. I think he was just sincerely asking a question.

So again, in your eyes, a woman who doesn't welcome the advances of a man is "bitter"?

Sigh.

Okay friend.

And as it relates to the OP - I don't think he realized or intended on being misogynistic, but saying he assumes women are okay and probably even enjoy getting oogled, as evidenced by the fact that they don't flock to a women's only gym... well that certainly is not a very positive or empowering opinion of women. It asserts that women do not act on their own, but rather, only in response to what men do. If we want the D, we go to a coed gym. If not, Curves.

I'm not saying OP is a jerk, he's been funny and engaging in this whole thread. For that I applaud him! And I agree he was seeking some reaction to an opinion he formed while listening to a radio program. In his words - he could be a "perverted a**hole" for thinking this. How is letting him know his opinion is not very positive towards women worse than calling him that??