OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    The Funniest thing in this post is that girls with statements like "I don't care If they stare at me" or "I don't even pay attention" have profile pictures with their butts. Hey girls, you show your butt in a webpage to strangers and you are telling us you don't want to have "the looks" on it when you work out at gym?

doesnt_make_any_sense_anchorman.gif

Okay, I'm not the only one who is scratching their head at this. Oy
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Also, what men seem to forget sometimes is that we are at the gym to work without interruptions not there to be stared at all day.

This is true when it's true and false when it's false. I'm guessing the girl at my gym who wears a sports bra and spandex shorts that creep up her crack wants to be noticed just a weeeeeeeee bit more than the girls in baggy shorts and a t-shirt. Also, because the phrase "I just dress this way to be comfortable" is bound to come up I'm going to throw the BS flag already. If I can be comfortable in a tshirt and basketball shorts so can a girl. Tight close are optional and you're wearing them for a reason beyond any sort of function or comfort. It's not even bad that you're showing off but it's silly not to admit it.

I'm sorry, but this is completely dependent on the person. Opinions on what's comfortable are not universal.

I just find it ironic that men don't seem to need skin tight clothes to be "comfortable." Could it be that maybe, just maybe, there's some other reason women's workout clothes are skin tight? And since when do women care about comfort? They prance around in 6 inch heels all day but wearing a pair of semi baggy shorts is uncomfortable? That's just silly.

You're a real gem.

For the record, I hate wearing baggy shorts and baggy shirts to CrossFit. It gets me jammed up on certain lifts and I always feel like people can see up my shorts. Also, there's rope climbs and I hate those stupid socks. I wear tight Reebok capris and a tank. And, no, I don't wear them for the men in the class.

Amen sister! *high-five*
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don't care what you do, just don't interrupt me. Chances are I'm not even paying attention.

This...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking.

Thinking is a bad idea. Men aren't designed that way apparently #MFPlogic
    Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym???

Some do and some don't I would guess. Some mind it one day and then might not mind it the next. Some dislike it all the time. Some dislike it none of the time. I don't think being "good looking" or not has anything to do with it so that qualification was a bit pointless.
    I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up.

That's a pretty weak assumption. I am guessing many people find changing gyms is like changing bank - it is a right pain in the *kitten* because of the perceived barriers to changing without disruption such as distance, pricing, availability and so on. I think it is more likely that many women just grin and bear being in situations they feel uncomfortable in because they really want to work out. Seems to me it is better if attitudes in general change if required.
    I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks???

See above
    I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out.

That's nice dear. That said it can be distinctly uncomfortable even for a man. If I have time I will tell you the story of the young lady, my thighs and lycra cycling shorts...
    Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

You're a perverted, misogynistic *kitten**

*I keed.
  • sarahbellum09
    sarahbellum09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First of all, my feelings about being checked out in the gym like most women depend on how confident I am that day. If I'm feeling self-conscious about my body or whether I'm doing the correct exercises, then I really am not in the mood to deal with a guy or guys glancing at me. Which usually doesn't happen because I find that most guys sense confidence in a women and that's what makes them most attractive. Even if that's the case, guys should stop thinking that women are there to find a "catch" or to show off. And I think that saying,"If women don't wanna be checked out they should go to a Curves," is unbelievably chauvinistic. Yeah some women do like to flirt and show off. I think that the big mistake here is that you're making a generalization about all women and think that they would all share the same opinions. You should change your attitude about women in general and appreciate every woman as an individual. If you have this attitude and are caught looking, chances are you won't have that creepy vibe that all these women are talking about. Women just want to be appreciated and admired, not stared at like a prize or a piece of meat to be competed over. That is something that I think we all have in common. And FYI, I'm married and prefer not to work out at the gym for this exact reason.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Also, what men seem to forget sometimes is that we are at the gym to work without interruptions not there to be stared at all day.

This is true when it's true and false when it's false. I'm guessing the girl at my gym who wears a sports bra and spandex shorts that creep up her crack wants to be noticed just a weeeeeeeee bit more than the girls in baggy shorts and a t-shirt. Also, because the phrase "I just dress this way to be comfortable" is bound to come up I'm going to throw the BS flag already. If I can be comfortable in a tshirt and basketball shorts so can a girl. Tight close are optional and you're wearing them for a reason beyond any sort of function or comfort. It's not even bad that you're showing off but it's silly not to admit it.

As for the clothes thing...seriously, NO BAGGY SHORTS! elderly gentleman at the gym lifting his leg onto the rail to stretch...totally baggy shorts...I DO NOT need to know what kind of underwear you do or do not wear while I am walking the track THANK YOU.

girls are aware of this andn as we spend a fair amount of time stretching or on the floor, we make sure things are covered, which means tight shorts/pants.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Women are like malfunctioning robots.. they are completely random. They don't like anything, except when they do, and then they are super into it. Except when they're not. Then you can't know, but trust me they do know. They are processing you in their tiny little robot minds, deciding whether to like it or not. Except, again, when they don't want to. Then watch out, cause they made a decision. And you don't know which way things are gonna go, so avert your eyes and back the f*** off, my friend.

But look if she likes it. Trust me on this, women are super creepy this way. Stare like there's no tomorrow... take a snapshot. A mental, sexy, snapshot.

That's my best advice.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    No, women do not go to the gym to be stared at (or at least most of us don't). No, women should not have to go to women only gyms if they don't like it. No, women who wear tight gym clothing don't always do so to be attractive. It's functional.

However, I also think that it's "normal" for a male to find a woman at the gym attractive (as in normal life). Women also find men at the gym attractive. Or men and men, and women and women, etc. If we weren't attractive to each other, if we didn't enjoy/want to have sex we would have died off as a species long ago. Yes, women want to be valued for our minds and our personalities, but does this mean we have to ignore the fact that physical attraction exists? We are physically attracted to others as well. It's there. It cannot be ignored.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I HATE people looking at me. I have severe social anxiety and it just throws me for a loop and will ruin my whole *day*. I'd probably never go back to the gym. Actually I don't go at all for that reason. :-P

But my reaction is very extreme. I don't know what's normal there.

I'm also not super attractive. lol
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Let she who has never checked out any guys at the gym cast the first stone....:laugh:

dont.png?w=500&h=500
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Can we all agree that whispering things under your breath at a woman as she walks by needs to stop?? There is nothing I hate more than seeing a guy's eyes track my progress across the floor until he is finally close enough to say something under his breath like "dang girl" or "ooh yeahhh."

That's just sad.......and pathetic. I think I would call them out on it. Or kick them in the nuts. Whichever is easier.

I would say in an audible tone, "What did you just say to me?" Not offensively, just like I really didn't hear him. And then stare him down.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Can we all agree that whispering things under your breath at a woman as she walks by needs to stop?? There is nothing I hate more than seeing a guy's eyes track my progress across the floor until he is finally close enough to say something under his breath like "dang girl" or "ooh yeahhh."

That's just sad.......and pathetic. I think I would call them out on it. Or kick them in the nuts. Whichever is easier.

I would say in an audible tone, "What did you just say to me?" Not offensively, just like I really didn't hear him. And then stare him down.

If they were both employees at a company, that sort of behavior would be sexual harassment. And grounds for termination.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The Funniest thing in this post is that girls with statements like "I don't care If they stare at me" or "I don't even pay attention" have profile pictures with their butts. Hey girls, you show your butt in a webpage to strangers and you are telling us you don't want to have "the looks" on it when you work out at gym?

^^^ This is a bunch of crap, my avatar picture is not my face because I don't want complete strangers seeing my face, and I have worked my a** off literally to look the way that I do so I am going to show that off on a site where "fitness" is the main focus.

Now on to the OP.

And your quads are freaking awesome!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You're in public and we are all human. If you wear sexy clothing or revealing clothing to the gym, you're not there to workout. I see women staring at men. You women are no different than men. Who cares really. I'm to busy working out to notice you, thats why I'm there. Go to the social gym across the street to workout.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    So don't look.

I fully support a woman's right to wear whatever the hell she wants and not be ogled or leered at.

But do not turn around and tell me what kind of clothing I have to wear to keep covered up.

You want equality? Practice it.

This.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

If they were both employees at a company, that sort of behavior would be sexual harassment. And grounds for termination.

In everyday life, that is still sexual harassment.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

^^^ This is a bunch of crap, my avatar picture is not my face because I don't want complete strangers seeing my face, and I have worked my a** off literally to look the way that I do so I am going to show that off on a site where "fitness" is the main focus.

Now on to the OP.

And your quads are freaking awesome!

:blushing: Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    Options

As for the clothes thing...seriously, NO BAGGY SHORTS! elderly gentleman at the gym lifting his leg onto the rail to stretch...totally baggy shorts...I DO NOT need to know what kind of underwear you do or do not wear while I am walking the track THANK YOU.

girls are aware of this andn as we spend a fair amount of time stretching or on the floor, we make sure things are covered, which means tight shorts/pants.

So don't look.

I fully support a woman's right to wear whatever the hell she wants and not be ogled or leered at.

But do not turn around and tell me what kind of clothing I have to wear to keep covered up.

You want equality? Practice it.

I think she was offering insight into the fashion choices being discussed based on personal experience rather than dictating conventions.

I used to wear baggy shorts. I also have stopped doing so and wear spandex now. There are good reasons for it that do not include attracting attention.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't really care.