OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• ninjareed
    ninjareed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm super self-conscious so if anyone is looking at me at the gym I automatically assume it's in a negative way and it makes me super uncomfortable. This is why I prefer working out in dark rooms with group classes and an instructor telling me what to do. I don't know if this will ever change but I hope so! :indifferent:
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Lol ...ok dear. I'm a mother, and a grandmother. I've been around a while. I'm not saying all women lie. I'm saying a lot of girls do. Let's play nice now. Have a nice day:)

You're confusing age with wisdom. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other. You may be older than the average person here, but that doesn't make you more intelligent. From the tone of your posts it only goes to show how far we've come at combating the horrible stereotypes of past generations.

Well like I mentioned before, I do believe women lie. However I apologize for my English as I am a foreigner. You are assuming I am being mean, horrible, a nasty person to all women...I'm not. Young women do tend to stretch the truth. Men lie too. No group is off limits. People lie.

Commenting ONLY on this post not the OP.....

As a fictional (and very handsome :blushing: ) Dr. always said.....

Everyone lies
  • ninjareed
    ninjareed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just find the treadmill behind this, get on, and chase.......

262b7l5.gif

I prefer men but even I would check that out :laugh:

Straight girls can appreciate a nice butt, too, ya know

One word: JEALOUS!!!!

Yeah that's certainly a backside to strive for :love:

That is an example of someone who WANTS you to look... and I would too if I looked like that!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Lol ...ok dear. I'm a mother, and a grandmother. I've been around a while. I'm not saying all women lie. I'm saying a lot of girls do. Let's play nice now. Have a nice day:)

You're confusing age with wisdom. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other. You may be older than the average person here, but that doesn't make you more intelligent. From the tone of your posts it only goes to show how far we've come at combating the horrible stereotypes of past generations.

Well like I mentioned before, I do believe women lie. However I apologize for my English as I am a foreigner. You are assuming I am being mean, horrible, a nasty person to all women...I'm not. Young women do tend to stretch the truth. Men lie too. No group is off limits. People lie.

I think the problem here is the context in which you are saying women lie. If I tell a man that I don't want him to leer at me, pursue me, kiss me, grab me and so on, and so forth, then I absolutely mean it. If said man thinks I'm lying and thinks I really like the unwanted attention, where does it stop?

By saying that women are lying when they say they don't want this type of attention, you are basically setting us up for a potentially scary situation. Because, no not all men act like this. But, yes, all women have either had to defend themselves or know of someone who has had to defend themselves from unwanted male attention.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I think the problem here is the context in which you are saying women lie. If I tell a man that I don't want him to leer at me, pursue me, kiss me, grab me and so on, and so forth, then I absolutely mean it. If said man thinks I'm lying and thinks I really like the unwanted attention, where does it stop?

By saying that women are lying when they say they don't want this type of attention, you are basically setting us up for a potentially scary situation. Because, no not all men act like this. But, yes, all women have either had to defend themselves or know of someone who has had to defend themselves from unwanted male attention.

Yes, yes, yes.

It's contributing to rape culture - saying that women who don't want attention are lying. It's incredibly harmful, hence my anger.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Yes, yes, yes.

It's contributing to rape culture - saying that women who don't want attention are lying. It's incredibly harmful, hence my anger.

I couldn't agree more.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few check me out. But, most times, I just assume their attention is for someone else. I suppose in my mind I'll always be the big-girl. With that said it's always nice to get a look or compliment.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    There is also unwanted female attention. Crazy stalker women. Its more prevalent in men than women but does exist. True also that just because you are older doesn't make you smarter or wiser. Cutting on someones generation and blaming it for the problems of todays world is wrong. Without it where would you be, more positives than negatives I'd bet. Plus just because you are younger does not mean you a know everything, even when you think you do.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Exactly. This is the problem. You are saying "Women lie. They DO like attention at the gym."

The next step could be: "Women lie. They DO like it when men grab their *kitten* on at the bar."

Followed by: "Women lie. They DO like it when men force them to have sex."

See, the problem? And of course, no, it doesn't always progress that way. But the one, or one hundred times it does, is enough to dictate that we don't say things like this, or make assumptions like this.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I agree with what you are saying. But people putting me in a rap-ist catagory is wrong. The OP asked for an honest opinion, I gave it. I have read everyone's opinion. Is it so hard to read one that is a little harder to swallow?
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I agree with what you are saying. But people putting me in a rap-ist catagory is wrong. The OP asked for an honest opinion, I gave it. I have read everyone's opinion. Is it so hard to read one that is a little harder to swallow?

I don't think they were necessarily comparing you to a rapist. Just trying to show that what you said, contributes to rape culture and a society that accepts rape as ok and normal.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

No one is calling you a rapist.

It's not about a "hard to swallow" opinion. It's about dangerous rhetoric that can be taken the wrong way by a bad person. It's shocking to me that, as a woman, you can't understand this.

If a woman says she doesn't like the attention, then it's best that everyone assumes she doesn't like the attention. Then there is no confusion and no potential harm. Period. End of story.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    There is also unwanted female attention. Crazy stalker women. Its more prevalent in men than women but does exist. True also that just because you are older doesn't make you smarter or wiser. Cutting on someones generation and blaming it for the problems of todays world is wrong. Without it where would you be, more positives than negatives I'd bet. Plus just because you are younger doe not make you a know it all even when you think you do.

Absolutely there are men that are victims. I don't want anyone to think that being outspoken about women and their rights doesn't mean I don't know that it happens to men, too.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

But you are trying to speak for me.

If you mean that *you* lie. That's fine and you are free to say so, though the statement makes it hard to believe you.

If you mean that people, in general, lie about many things. That is a fact. But that's not what you said.

You said that *women* like it. And *women* lie. I am a woman. Basic logic dictates that, as member of the group *women,* I like it. And I lie.

I have every right to be angry about somebody saying that about me without provocation. My original answer was quite frank.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There is also unwanted female attention. Crazy stalker women. Its more prevalent in men than women but does exist. True also that just because you are older doesn't make you smarter or wiser. Cutting on someones generation and blaming it for the problems of todays world is wrong. Without it where would you be, more positives than negatives I'd bet. Plus just because you are younger doe not make you a know it all even when you think you do.

Ask any 12 year old boy with a cell phone whether there are more crazy male stalker than crazy female stalkers.

Maybe we should start a thread asking men if they like it...be honest now. And if they don't like it, why don't they attend all male schools?
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

It's not about a "hard to swallow" opinion. It's about dangerous rhetoric that can be taken the wrong way by a bad person. It's shocking to me that, as a woman, you can't understand this.

If a woman says she doesn't like the attention, then it's best that everyone assumes she doesn't like the attention. Then there is no confusion and no potential harm. Period. End of story.

I'm just going to follow you around and ditto everything you say.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options

Exactly. This is the problem. You are saying "Women lie. They DO like attention at the gym."

The next step could be: "Women lie. They DO like it when men grab their *kitten* on at the bar."

Followed by: "Women lie. They DO like it when men force them to have sex."

See, the problem? And of course, no, it doesn't always progress that way. But the one, or one hundred times it does, is enough to dictate that we don't say things like this, or make assumptions like this.
    As the person who started this post....This is for sure not where I thought this would go. I was not inquiring about rape culture! But I guess in the overly sensitive world in which we now live I should have saw this coming.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Who said I don't understand? I do. Not one person on this site has walked in my shoes...do not be so ready to judge me.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

Wow! Not that was some honesty for your *kitten*!! (No pun intended) I really don't find myself to be misogynistic.

Wow, she's bitter eh?

It is normal for men to look. It's called testosterone. Lighten up. Goodness..

Yes, because I must be bitter if I prefer men to respect me.

To each their own. I'm not out here bashing the ladies who don't mind with the attention, how about you let me have my opinion and find a way to express your own?

First of all, I did express my own opinion in another post.

Second, calling someone misogynistic because he asked if women minded being looked at is a pretty damn far stretch. Were some of his comments ignorant? Yes but I really don't think he was bashing women here. I think he was just sincerely asking a question.

Thanks .... I think?? I didn't think I was showing any ignorance, if I was please enlighten me.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I think the safest thing to say is this.

Some women MAY like the attention, but the best bet is always to assume they DON'T.

Fictional conversation:
    Person A: "I saw this chick dressed sexy at the gym and I thought she was hot. I stared at her all session long, and then when she walked by, I whispered under my breath "Dayum Girl" She got all huffy and told me to f-off! Said that I was a creep and that she wasn't there for my personal pleasure! Can you believe it?!?"

Person B: "Meh, don't worry about it. The way she was dressed, she clearly wanted it. Women lie all the time"

That's how your statement comes off. Yeah, maybe there is that one girl who DOES actually want the attention. But by saying that women are liars, it comes off as giving the green light to go ahead and act creepy. Not cool.

And for the record... some guys may find sweats and a t sexier than tight yoga pants and sports bra.