OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to other people. So unless you're being overtly creepy I wouldn't even notice.

Me too. If your eyes are on me like this....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDgq9N1Yu8SDD3tUtaqaIOZXMforfshMq1nkx0CrpUrufLqtSWBA

That *kitten* is just plain creepy. If you're observing my form etc. while weight training, no prob, if you're overtly creeping...nevermind...I've got my ipod cranked up and I'm trying not to trip or drop the weights, so I won't even notice.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If you are ugly just keep your eyes to the ground!:angry:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    This has never before been asked on a forum. Especially MFP.

In to learn what women want so I can choose my actions accordingly!

I'm going to look anyway. COMEATME.
  • brittany2188
    Options
    At the gym I would think "Am I doing something wrong? He should probably say something if I am."
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Also, what men seem to forget sometimes is that we are at the gym to work without interruptions not there to be stared at all day.

This is true when it's true and false when it's false. I'm guessing the girl at my gym who wears a sports bra and spandex shorts that creep up her crack wants to be noticed just a weeeeeeeee bit more than the girls in baggy shorts and a t-shirt. Also, because the phrase "I just dress this way to be comfortable" is bound to come up I'm going to throw the BS flag already. If I can be comfortable in a tshirt and basketball shorts so can a girl. Tight close are optional and you're wearing them for a reason beyond any sort of function or comfort. It's not even bad that you're showing off but it's silly not to admit it.

I'm sorry, but this is completely dependent on the person. Opinions on what's comfortable are not universal.

I just find it ironic that men don't seem to need skin tight clothes to be "comfortable." Could it be that maybe, just maybe, there's some other reason women's workout clothes are skin tight? And since when do women care about comfort? They prance around in 6 inch heels all day but wearing a pair of semi baggy shorts is uncomfortable? That's just silly.

If you're single, there is no doubt why.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I heard something on the radio this morning that got me thinking. Do good looking women really dislike it when guys check them out at the gym??? I'm starting to think that if they didn't there would be more Curves opening up. I'm sure it can be a pain when guys hit on you but do you really mind some looks??? I know if I was looking good I would be motivated and flattered by a woman checking me out. Let me know your true feelings. Hell , call me a perverted *kitten* if you want just tell the truth.

#manlogic:

Women who put themselves in the presence of men OBVIOUSLY do so because they enjoy being leered at. Or if they don't enjoy it, they should at least expect it, because *hey* they're women.

And women who don't enjoy that type of behavior should exile themselves to a women's only facility geared more towards their more delicate constitutions.

**face palm**

Here's the truth - you are misogynistic. Now keep your eyes on your own rack and off of mine.

Sincerely,
    Women Everywhere

:laugh: @ manlogic
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I just find it ironic that men don't seem to need skin tight clothes to be "comfortable." Could it be that maybe, just maybe, there's some other reason women's workout clothes are skin tight? And since when do women care about comfort? They prance around in 6 inch heels all day but wearing a pair of semi baggy shorts is uncomfortable? That's just silly.

Ever squat in man leggings bro? Them are comfy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never mind a man noticing me and appreciating me. It's great for the ego. I don't even mind a polite comment or two. Just don't be creepy. Don't stare or say obnoxious things.

Honestly, I look like crap at the gym so I don't really get much attention. But I worked with a trainer for a while who was downright hot and young and while she was working, guys used to hit on her and I can see how that would get obnoxious. The last time it happened, she was directing my workout and this guy next to us looked her up and down and said in this skeezy tone, "Lookin' good. I can tell you do your cardio," or something like that (I can't remember the exact words anymore). I was uncomfortable for her.

Don't do that.

ETA: Since I've seen a few mentions of what women are wearing, my trainer was in baggy shorts and a regular T-shirt. Nothing tight or low-cut.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Also, what men seem to forget sometimes is that we are at the gym to work without interruptions not there to be stared at all day.

This is true when it's true and false when it's false. I'm guessing the girl at my gym who wears a sports bra and spandex shorts that creep up her crack wants to be noticed just a weeeeeeeee bit more than the girls in baggy shorts and a t-shirt. Also, because the phrase "I just dress this way to be comfortable" is bound to come up I'm going to throw the BS flag already. If I can be comfortable in a tshirt and basketball shorts so can a girl. Tight close are optional and you're wearing them for a reason beyond any sort of function or comfort. It's not even bad that you're showing off but it's silly not to admit it.

I'm sorry, but this is completely dependent on the person. Opinions on what's comfortable are not universal.

You're a real gem.

For the record, I hate wearing baggy shorts and baggy shirts to CrossFit. It gets me jammed up on certain lifts and I always feel like people can see up my shorts. Also, there's rope climbs and I hate those stupid socks. I wear tight Reebok capris and a tank. And, no, I don't wear them for the men in the class.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

What I was told is they are cool with the looks but sniffing their bike seat when they are done is a no no.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I don't even have the words.....
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I don't think I mentioned gender anywhere in my response...a man can totally find skin tight clothes to be more comfortable than baggy pants, it's an individual preference. And, isn't that why so many guys say they prefer compression shorts underneath their workout shorts, for comfort?

It's more likely that women walking around in skin tight clothing is just more accepted by society than it is for men, which brings up a whole new issue entirely.
  • palmerddj
    palmerddj Posts: 59 Member
    Options
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Well you see when I wear baggy shorts and t shirts they tend to ride up and flash bits I don't want to flash, particularly as I hear there are creepy starey men about
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

To support body parts that men don't have? A baggy shirt isn't going to help keep things in place.

Why is it so important to you that the truth be that they're dressing for your attention? Odds are they're really, really not.

I wear what I want to wear to workout...it has nothing to do with those around me...

Why are our workout cloths tight...same reason our jeans are tight...we like them like that.

As well yoga pants are nice to wear squatting...sweatpants not so much...if things are too loose they constrict the movement...that's why you don't see woman constantly "adjusting" and pulling their pants up around their thighs..

And my tanks are tight to keep things in place as well..

AS for being looked at while I am working out I don't give a rats behind...if you want to look look...even if you aren't my type...so what...I just figure you like what you see...:bigsmile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What I was told is they are cool with the looks but sniffing their bike seat when they are done is a no no.

:laugh:

I posted that thread. :smile:
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Usually leer at my water bottle