The Things No One Tells You About Weight Loss

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I actually learned that I can lose inches with out losing any weight. I never read up on that and know I am very knowledgeable thanks to MFP.

I'm researching that now. I'm not finding good information about that. Where did you look?
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    You'll discover stretch marks you didn't realize you had.

:/
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    1. Not all calories are equal.

2. Just because you've been doing it right for a year and have lost a hundred pounds doesn't mean you've "changed your lifestyle". The old ways can still come out and take over in a heartbeat
  • You all are scaring me! lol!
  • ResaBoBesa
    ResaBoBesa Posts: 20 Member
    That sometimes your arm pits are overachievers and get lean waaaaaay faster then the hinny and hips. So what I'm saying is, I'm rocking some sexy arm pits. :laugh:
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Don't get too attached to any articles of clothing because eventually they will be too big and you'll have to donate them. (On the positive side, it's a lot of fun to buy smaller sizes!!)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    That sometimes your arm pits are overachievers and get lean waaaaaay faster then the hinny and hips. So what I'm saying is, I'm rocking some sexy arm pits. :laugh:

LOL love this
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Bump to read later...
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    4. Your bowel movements are going to go nuts when you try to replace your "unhealthy" diet with a bunch of raw veggies and other distress causing items.

5. Increased water intake makes you pee. A lot.

This.

I agree!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Sometimes it's a pain. I used to be able to bike for 2 hours before my butt started to get saddle sore. Now it starts to ache after half an hour. I need to buy padded biking tights, which is yet one more piece of clothing I need to shell out $$$$ for.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    TMI but I went from having a firm belly to a squishy belly! It feels like a waterbed but I know that means it is on its way out.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    That if you do a lot of exercise, you can eat LOADS of calories, and still be on a deficit!

I'm just trying to maintain now but I'm up to 2500 calories today and STILL on a 500 calorie deficit!
  • inspiring stuff people. i am going to come back to this when i am having a down day.
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Bookmarking for future reference
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    1.The scale will break your heart 335786313689 times. All you can do is keep going.
    2. You will have to learn to forgive yourself over and over again because you will mess up more times than you will think possible

Soooo ridiculously true
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    TMI: I no longer have to buy long pads, for my period.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    1. I can ride in an airplane and find my seat roomy and comfortable.
    2. Sitting on hard surfaces hurts, so does leaning back against hard surfaces, now that I have less padding on my butt and shoulder blades.
    3. Goodwill has become my favorite place to shop since I've needed to place my wardrobe so many times. I have sticker shock when I go to a regular clothing store.
    4. Improved nutrition in my diet has turned my soft, brittle nails into strong nails.
    5. My feet have shrunk. There are smaller and not as wide.
    6. Watching tv seems a whole lot less important than it used to.
    7. I do not have a large frame the way I thought I did.
    8. I have excellent people in my life. Everyone has been friendly and supportive.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    I have ribs, clavicles, and a xiphoid process.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    TMI but I went from having a firm belly to a squishy belly! It feels like a waterbed but I know that means it is on its way out.

Haha yes. Oi.
  • matlab99
    matlab99 Posts: 7
    That just because you ate less calories for x amount of years to get to your goal doesn't mean you're now that skinny girl you grew up with who can eat 5,000 calories per day and not gain a single ounce!

^^this, haha bloody truth!