Evil Subway - Read this if you eat at there!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't eat there enough to fret over that. But, when I do I will enjoy every bite.

^ this
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Here let me go the national inquirer for some facts.....oh hey check it out man give birth to triplets.

Remember what Agent K said - that the National Enquirer is some of the best investigative reporting there is........
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can only assume this person did their research. This is really scary for anyone who eats at Subway often. I used to eat there 1-2 times a week. Since I work from home now and don't eat out much, I don't eat there very often. Maybe once every 2 months. This is very sad news since I really like eating there.

http://www.hangthebankers.com/the-subway-deception/

From the article:

As a former employee. We most definitely, thaw, proof and bake it. However, it rises way faster then homemade bread. Its fast food people...whether they say its healthy or not.
    "Somebody should inform Subway that to make real whole-wheat bread all you really need is whole-wheat flour, yeast, salt, water, and maybe some honey. But that doesn’t really do anything for shelf life or the fact that the stores do not bake their breads.

While all the sandwiches contain chemical additives, refined bleached flour, preservatives, artificial colors, MSG, refined sugars, GMOs, and over 50 ingredients, only three contain nitrates. Yea! Far out! Only three!"

Did you mean to say they don't make their bread or bake it? Because I have been there when they have pulled bread out of the oven and seen them put more in to bake.

Its fast food. Nuff said. They bake it FAST!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Walmart's "bakery" section doesn't bake anything there either. I used to do the donuts and all the breads, pies, and donuts are all frozen. The donuts are put through a sort of conveyor belt heater with glaze on the end, and the breads are basically put into a giant microwave that looks like a commercial vertical oven. It's all bogus. I cannot wait until I can get my bread maker for Xmas
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Got to love FoodBabe, scared of every chemical she doesn't know the name of and happy to bring you along in her chemicals are scary and GMO's are trying to kill you rants. She also seems to think companies hanging up on her means they have something to hide!!!! Scary, could be because she's a pain.
    Also love the logic that because something is banned in Europe and not in the us that it must be bad.

Not surprised and never expected the bread not to have preservatives, its mass produced frozen and then backed.
    Not surprised and never expected the meat and cheese not to have preservatives.
    Not surprised the veggies are vacuumed packed or canned and have little taste.

It's fast and convenient food, that is served and tastes consistent all over, that generally means processed to some degree.
    I also don't call that evil.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Looove me some subway! Eat there twice a week. Bummed they took away the medetteranian subs though. Werent teh greatest calorie content, but loved them.

I love them because you can get alot of bang for your buck, calorie-wise. Footlong sub full of veggies, some meat, and bread all in one sandwich and fills you up and quite honestly some days it is my lunch and dinner with 6" sub at each meal!

Jared? Is that you?
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    thread-resurrection-PTL.jpg
  • LinzieML
    LinzieML Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's not just subway, if you don't make it yourself you don't know what's in it! Even restaurants put additives in food that would make your skin crawl, but just like places such as McDonalds, you don't care if it tastes good.
    Moderation is key I guess or if you don't like it, do a hell of a lot of searching into places that only use pure, clean ingredients.....good luck lol.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Walmart's "bakery" section doesn't bake anything there either. I used to do the donuts and all the breads, pies, and donuts are all frozen. The donuts are put through a sort of conveyor belt heater with glaze on the end, and the breads are basically put into a giant microwave that looks like a commercial vertical oven. It's all bogus. I cannot wait until I can get my bread maker for Xmas
    Bread maker? It's called an "oven."
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at there.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What I don't like about Subway is their predatory franchising methods that prey on gullible franchisers. But I guess there's always caveat emptor.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What I don't like about Subway is their predatory franchising methods that prey on gullible franchisers. But I guess there's always caveat emptor.

walkingdead8.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    My issue with subway is that it doesn't actually taste very nice. If I want meat and salad in a sandwich, I'd rather get a shawarma or sheesh tawook or similar from a Lebanese place.. the bread is much better quality (Lebanese flat breads *homer simpson style drool*), the meat is excellent and Arabs really know how to make a salad. And they know how to make hummus and garlic sauce which go great in their sandwiches. And other delicious spicy sauces and marinades.

tl;dr: Lebanese sandwiches > subway

btw Subway are not evil. Killing and eating people is evil. As much as Subway bread is tasteless and I'd frankly rather eat cardboard, it doesn't make them evil. It just makes them an overrated food outlet.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't eat there anymore, mainly just because I prefer to make my own food. But I remember back in the day, they used to actually make their own bread fresh. Now they're just generic and not much better than your average fast food place.