Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

1234568»

Replies

• Since I'm poor, and can't really afford decent rewards, I 'take things away' from myself as motivation. For instance, if I gain weight, I make myself use my bad headphones that are static-y instead of my nice ones that have bass and sound cancellation.
    Or put something I use regularly out of use, such as maybe a game system, favorite clothes or something until I get back on track.

I think you're marvelous for saying you can't afford them; there are better days ahead and you deserve them. Best of luck to you. :smile:
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    My reward will be to wear a bikini for the first time ever on our Caribbean cruise next February. And look good in it.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Well I have 28lbs to go (hopefully but if I look better heavier/lighter who knows) I need a hair cut as the last time I had one my 10month old was maybe 3 months old! Iv been growing it though but need more layers cut in. Im giving myself a goal of getting to 140lbs then having my hair done and buying some nice hair care products! Then when I lose another 10lbs Il get some nice jewellery, then at my goal Il buy some new clothes and be very happy!
  • I have a huge obsession over clothes, makeup, false eyelashes (I have an entire collection of upper and lower lashes from a Japanese brand called Dolly Wink), skin care products, hair products, bath products (LUSH!), and bird toys (because I raise 3 cute lovebirds) :)
    I think it's great that you have rewards to replace food to satisfy the need to be happy but I don't think money should replace food because you'll have a brand new problem ahead of you! T_T haha
    I think looking in the mirror and starting a picture blog recording your progress would feel rewarding adjacent to your current goal :)
    You can take pictures every week or every month depending on how fast your weight loss is.When you get a long collection, you can scroll down in chronological order and literally watch yourself shrink! I can imagine how rewarding that would be :)<3 cheers!
  • ellel1234
    ellel1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Every five pounds I lose I like to get a new piercing/body mod. I'm not one of those people with a ton of piercings or anything like that. I got a nose piercing. I want to bleach a section of my red hair bleach blonde next five. Then I want to get an upper cartilage piercing. Maybe a smiley piercing after that. I like the idea of a massage or mani/pedi. For things like clothes, etc. I wind up buying them inbetween the weight loss and it doesn't seem like as much of a reward where piercings and body mod/hair-dying is like a fun thing that's totally different.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Tattoos :)
  • abetterservant
    abetterservant Posts: 2 Member
    Your idea of a reward for doing things (like exercising, posting your food/exercise each day, staying within calorie limits) rather than for results (lost 5 lbs) is a good idea. Those are "process goals" which athletes focus on (ex: taking so many swings at batting practice) when they want to improve. You can always control whether or not you reach a process goal whereas you can get frustrated if you feel like you've been doing the process right, but the scale isn't going down. Besides, maybe the process rewards will get a person back on track when they've hit a glitch.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    My go to rewards are massage, facials, make-up and new workout clothes!

Ahhh!!! Zombie thread!! You got me!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Spiral perm!
  • bugginmary
    bugginmary Posts: 44 Member
    Manicure or pedicure. Sometimes new clothes or a trip to Bath & Body Works. :)
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    a night out doing an activity of my choosing...it doesn't have to cost a lot, or anything and it can be something i choose to do alone or with others - playing pool, going to a movie, enjoying a campfire, browing an art museum etc.
  • Riiseli
    Riiseli Posts: 18 Member
    I'm hoping my financial situation allows me to pick up my long dormant hobby of riding horses about 25 pounds from now. Otherwise clothes and nights out (mind you, I don't drink).
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    I buy my boyfriend cute boxer shorts for my enjoyment! :wink:
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    I came up with this thing where I buy myself different flowers for every 2 consecutive days I stick within my calorie goal..... after a week or so, i have a bunch of flowers all across my windowsill. I love coming home to the colorful and cheerful flowers
    --- BUT I also have another rule --- if i totally fall off the wagon, and go above my calories, i have to throw away all of the flowers, and start over. It's a bit of motivation to stay on track and enjoy fresh flowers at home :)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Put away ten dollars into some secret jar or whatever for each pound lost.

When you get to your goal......splurge on something you really wanted!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    I didn't implement rewards for weight lost since I felt weight loss was a reward in itself. But I have rewarded myself for achieving fitness goals. Most recently I treated myself to a massage after completing a 23-mile hike. It was well earned and just what I needed. :smile:
  • My rewards are trying on old clothes that currently don't fit, but that for some reason I've kept. I literally have clothes in all 4 sizes below my current size... which is sad that I've continually let myself get bigger and bigger.

My ultimate goal is to go to a theme park with rides, since the last time I was at one (about 8 years ago) I was shown how much fun it is to be told you have to get off of a ride because you're too big for the harnesses to lock in around you. Yep, that was an awesome day.

Hooray for non-food rewards!!
  • Im putting £2 in a jar for every 1lb I lose, as I want a new dressform. By the time I have enough money I will be buying the small size instead of the large. But once I meet my next goal of 30lb Im treating myself to some reflexology. I don't have any other goals decided just yet, I'll figure those out as I go along.