How do you make plain non-fat Greek yogurt taste good?

Options

Replies

• Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Blend it in with some frozen bananas/mangoes/cherimoya and you get yummy fruit ice ceam!!
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    stevia and unsweetened cocoa powder, sometimes the dark cocoa... blueberries or strawberries, sliced bananas, 1/2 serving chex cereal or peanut butter puffins, PB2, based on my cals i've sometimes added 1T of shredded coconut or chocolate chips. my own froyo with more protein :) i eat this every day!
  • johnbarleycorn2
    Options
    Buy Koolaid orange liquid sweetener with no calories--it is DELICIOUS! There are many of these little sueeze flavored sweeteners made by various companies from sucralose and equal. In Walmart they can be found at the opposite end of the potato chip aisle.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I know to use it instead of sour cream and I like it topped with granola, but how eles do you use it?

I love Siggi's ... Its real yogurt which CONTAINS live and active cultures. I add a few raisins and a little bit of chopped fruit and 2 or 3 slices of banana... Satisfies that sweet craving without all the extra sugar that studies are showing are so dangerous

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Why not just get vanilla ?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I eat it for breakfast with berries, but I like it...Fage is the one I prefer, nothing else tastes as good.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,842 Member
    Options
    1cup 0% Greek, 2 teaspoons maple syrup (the real stuff), and a tablespoon walnuts! :happy:
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt with a bit of stevia extract and a flavor from cocoa, vanilla, a bit of marmalade or fruit jam ( skip sweetener) or instant expresso.
    Also great in a smoothie with blueberries, mango, strawberries or banana. Or, take that purée and put it in Popsicle makers for a wonderful ice cream-like treat. You can also run it through an ice cream machine if you prefer actual ice cream. Vanilla yogurt "ice cream" with nuts, fruit and chocolate chips, yummy!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Use it to make chicken/salmon/tuna/ surimi salad instead of mayo. Makes fabulous low cal dips just sub it for sour cream. Use it with egg beaters to make yummy quiche without half and half.
    Yumm! The surimi salad sounds awesome!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I use it in smoothies with protein powder.
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MaryElvira1959
    Options
    I add 1 tbsp. of Smucker's low sugar strawberry flavor which is 25 calories and it taste real good. It's also good in low-fat cottage cheese.
  • lightofjoy
    Options
    add fresh strawberries and cinnamon!
  • leaf206
    leaf206 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    banana pears and apple is lovely
  • dxpxh
    dxpxh Posts: 8
    Options
    Belvita breakfast biscuits and some nuts! Makes me feel like i'm having froyo + toppings
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with anyone suggesting unsweetened natural peanut butter. I have 70ml of unsweetened greek yogurt and a teaspoon of smooth peanut butter and mix...ends up like a creamy mousse...and also is the only way I eat peanut butter as I actually cannot stand the stuff (smell, taste, nothing) otherwise.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    save for ideas
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    save for ideas
  • susabeannee
    susabeannee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need to eat high protein, so I mix in some vanilla, about 1 tbsp plain cocoa, a splenda or stevia packet, and a scoop of soy protein (I can't do whey). Mix it really well and it tastes like chocolate mousse and it's high in protein. 1 cup is 290 calories but has 42 grams of protein. It's a good breakfast or lunch for me and it keeps me from getting hungry.