Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I feel age is not a factor when you're in love though I can see why an age gap is such a big deal in today's society. :indifferent:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 (19 in 3 months) and Ive been seeing a guy who is 39 for 2 months now. He has a son aged 14 (a mere 4 years younger than me) I haven't met his son yet of course, I wouldn't want to unless I know this is going to be serious. We have worries that his son won't approve, and also his friends and family. What will they think of him? Will they think he's going through a mid life crisis or a dirty old man or any other insults you can think of. We met at work and got on well as soon as we met and then one day I had the courage to message him ( I knew he was single and not dating anyone) we both ended up confessing our interest in each other, now I know it's only been 2 months and that too early to start a relationship but does anyone think that his age difference is wrong? Can this relationship work? I'm stuck really I just need some advice. I'm a pretty mature young woman, older than my time. Everyone tells me so. He is mature and fun at the same time, confident and sexy and I like him a lot. Help me please ????

So he's 20 years older than you? When you are 30 he'll be 50. Yeah, I totally judge.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 (19 in 3 months) and Ive been seeing a guy who is 39 for 2 months now. He has a son aged 14 (a mere 4 years younger than me) I haven't met his son yet of course, I wouldn't want to unless I know this is going to be serious. We have worries that his son won't approve, and also his friends and family. What will they think of him? Will they think he's going through a mid life crisis or a dirty old man or any other insults you can think of. We met at work and got on well as soon as we met and then one day I had the courage to message him ( I knew he was single and not dating anyone) we both ended up confessing our interest in each other, now I know it's only been 2 months and that too early to start a relationship but does anyone think that his age difference is wrong? Can this relationship work? I'm stuck really I just need some advice. I'm a pretty mature young woman, older than my time. Everyone tells me so. He is mature and fun at the same time, confident and sexy and I like him a lot. Help me please ????

He'll be 70 when you are 50.

10 years is one thing. 20 is a whole nother ballpark.
  • KatherineLouise14
    KatherineLouise14 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

So he's 20 years older than you? When you are 30 he'll be 50. Yeah, I totally judge.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with a 20 year age difference the later you get in life. If a thirty-something woman chooses to be with 50-something man...she's a consenting adult with enough life experience to know what she's getting into. But an 18-year-old with a man twice her age is cause for concern. When I was that age I was a freshman in college barely keeping my head above water. I just don't see what she and a man that age would have in common.
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    My boyfriend is 15 years older than me. I'm 33 and he's 48. We've been together over a year and a half. The age difference has created zero issues. We both have children from previous marriages and will not be having more together. It works for us. If people are judging, we're blissfully unaware. I've never been happier in my life.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I really don't think there's anything wrong with a 20 year age difference the later you get in life. If a thirty-something woman chooses to be with 50-something man...she's a consenting adult with enough life experience to know what she's getting into. But an 18-year-old with a man twice her age is cause for concern. When I was that age I was a freshman in college barely keeping my head above water. I just don't see what she and a man that age would have in common.

Agreed.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Just because someone is older doesn't necessarily mean they are more mature!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i'll take the gray hairs, wrinkles, and ED that come with wisdom and experience over immaturity and self-centrism any damn day.

my bfs have usually been a few years older:
    +8 yrs (for 4 yrs)
    +15 yrs (for 6 yrs)
    +9 yrs (now)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    when I was 18-20 I dated guys 10 years older .. now that I am 26 I am not into the older guys at all

a couple years younger is much better
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I personally am not attracted to men my age and have only dated maybe 2 guys close to my age. My husband is 6 years older. I have dated older than that. but even then I understood that with the age gap there was a huge difference in maturity, experiences, and simply life in general. So before we got serious I asked him to remember he had already gone through things I had yet experienced. He had to be willing and patient as I hit those marks as well :)
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I've always been attracted to older men!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i'll take the gray hairs, wrinkles, and ED that come with wisdom and experience over immaturity and self-centrism any damn day.

my bfs have usually been a few years older:
    +8 yrs (for 4 yrs)
    +15 yrs (for 6 yrs)
    +9 yrs (now)

I'm gonna get ED, too? :sad: :sad: :sad:

honey, you keep your pretty self looking like that and it won't be an issue. for me. :love:
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    To be honest I love older men. I generally find that they're a lot sexier and I like that they have more experience.

It's not always about money.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've been married forever to my wife and we are only a year apart, but I mostly dated girls my age or younger back in the day.

At 45 now, if I was ever to be single I guess I would leave the playing field open to younger ladies, but that would only work if I didn't feel like I was being a father figure for them. I would need a woman to be a peer mentally, emotionally, physically, and in life goals/ambitions. It is hard to see a 20 year old having all those things in common with a 45 year old. Even a 30 year old lady could be stretching it. Not that I haven't seen it work for long term, but the majority of those larger age difference relationships are based on entertainment, excitement and sex, which gets interrupted with real life.

I suppose I am just blessed I don't have to think about it. My wife and I have talked too many times about what we thought it would be like to date again, and frankly, neither of us want that option! :smile:
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My jiu jitsu instructor is about 15 years older then me and i could totally see him with a woman my age.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    To be honest I love older men. I generally find that they're a lot sexier and I like that they have more experience.

It's not always about money.

In dog years your are older anyway.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Older men are the best. ABSOLUTE best.

I'm 37. I LOVE men in theirs 50s

When I was in my 20s I mostly dated 40+
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It happens all the time and is pretty traditional actually. My grandfather was 44 and my grandmother was 22 when they married. The real question is for gentleman...would YOU date, marry and have children with a woman 10-15 years older? Doesn't happen often.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a 32 year old woman and my husband , with whom i have 3 children is turning 50 at the end of the summer. When we started dating i was 25, we had known each other for about 5 years as friends. I only notice the difference in age when he says something like " oh you remember such and such from 1986" and i say oh yeah i was super into that when i was in kindergarten. Lol. He is awesome and we are well matched. Id say i am more mature tho, oh well. Older men .... And women have their advantages.