Replies

• sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    same as my last gun purchase, no gun
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada...what the heck would I need a gun for eh?

hunting, protection, collection, recreation? why do you need a car?

Love that response! Some people just don't get it.
    I'm getting an AR soon and I'm soooo excited! I've shot my brothers a few times and just fell in love. Plus, it looks amazing! I'm hoping to girl it up a bit, much to my husbands dismay. He wasn't too happy with the pink grips for my Kimber 1911.

Ahh Pink grips on a kimber... I kinda feel his pain and at the same time envy him for your choice in weapon. Nice gun.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    AR 15 in 22 Caliber for target shootin....
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Sadly nothing as I don't live in the US.

once I get down there my list would have to be

AR15
    Tac 45

and always wanted a M1 garand
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a S&W Shield .40 or a Gen 4 Glock 22.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Ugh, I LOVE mine. Even with just iron sights, that thing is still deadly at 300 yards......okay, I'm just deadly. =]
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options

Ugh, I LOVE mine. Even with just iron sights, that thing is still deadly at 300 yards......okay, I'm just deadly. =]

The gun that Won WW2 in my opinion.

oh I grew up in the wrong country
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Yup! I'm pretty sure mine still has some blood on it from back then...
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Garands are awesome guns but I wouldn't get one unless you have access to a decent outdoor range. It just made me sad to see a guy shooting one at an indoor range this winter with a target 25 yards out (and glad that I always double up on hearing protection at indoor ranges).
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Probably a .357. Still deciding if I want for concealed carry or one with a longer barrel from hunting.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    @eric, then why not just get a scoped .500? lol
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Garands are awesome guns but I wouldn't get one unless you have access to a decent outdoor range. It just made me sad to see a guy shooting one at an indoor range this winter with a target 25 yards out (and glad that I always double up on hearing protection at indoor ranges).

I'm not a fan of ranges, whether indoor or out. People are idiots and I rather not get shot by a careless discharge. I have all of Nevada desert as my range...
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

I'm not a fan of ranges, whether indoor or out. People are idiots and I rather not get shot by a careless discharge. I have all of Nevada desert as my range...

I've never had a problem although I do tend to prefer clubs with more experienced shooters. We have some indoor ranges around here that tend to attract newer shooters and I find myself avoiding them more and more. I belong to a private club with skeet, trap, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, dedicated rimfire ranges, etc., everyone's well versed in firearm safety and honestly it's tough to beat. :smile:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

I've never had a problem although I do tend to prefer clubs with more experienced shooters. We have some indoor ranges around here that tend to attract newer shooters and I find myself avoiding them more and more. I belong to a private club with skeet, trap, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, dedicated rimfire ranges, etc., everyone's well versed in firearm safety and honestly it's tough to beat. :smile:

Clubs are definitely the way to go if you like being on a range. =]
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    A tank... definitely a tank

Seriously ... next gun is a trusty old pump shotgun.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Would love to get another .45, but need a plinking .22 for the boys
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    1911 Colt

Check out the 1991A1 too. Selling around $600 and a great solid frame to customize.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've shot my brothers a few times

I bet they were pissed.

Punctuation saves lives! ;)
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, so I was thinking maybe a potato gun that shoots russet red potatoes, the best kind imo

Yeah that'd be fun, or a high-powered water gun, I can't imagine ever needing to buy an actual gun under any circumstances since I'm not a hunter, but then I live in Canada as well and I think we have different views on guns up here in general lol. I did used to have a nice slingshot and was a pretty good shot with it, but my father used to actually take me quail hunting when I was a kid so it made sense to have it.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I am suprised how many are looking at a .357 wheel gun.
    I thought I was the oddball for owning one.